Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 248

Thread: Obama Apologizes to Castro

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,232

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Read the article.
    Read it earlier. What are you thinking of?

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    And this is why the Weekly Substandard is garbage.

    Obama speaks uninterrupted for 15 minutes, then apologizes for speaking so long, and the headline is "Obama Apologizes To Castro."

    Then he gives Castro his turn, and the subhead is "Cuban communist leader lectures Obama for 30 minutes."

    Factually correct, but pretty misleading.
    LMAO!! Yep that's they way they do it!! On top of it, someone posts it here to attack Obama. AMAZING!!!!

  3. #123
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    I'm shocked.

    You've never flown through the Sierra Maestra and landed your Cessna on top of Pico Real del Turquino to perform life saving techniques on someone desperately in need?

    You better put that one on your to do list
    Wouldn't expect any more American citizens to get shot down by the Cuban government in international waters like Brothers to the Rescue now would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  4. #124
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Irrelevant to what I asked. Do you believe they stopped believing in what the Castros said while they were in the country? If you say yes, then it contradicts the implications that come with Fidel telling Cubans what they're told. If no, then it effectively means that freedom of any sort was not their reason for leaving. Either way, your argument that this gives Castro ammo has crumbled.

    At times Mark Levin is too bombastic for me however this is an excellent interview with Marco Rubio and I think that Rubio makes an excellent argument about our relationship with Cuba. I wouldn't recommend that anyone comment unless they listen to the whole interview.

    LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba » The Right Scoop -
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  5. #125
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama Apologizes to Castro
    Cuban communist leader lectures Obama for 30 minutes.

    Barack Obama apologized to Cuban president Raul Castro during their phone conversation after the American commander in chief's opening remarks. Speaking to reporters at his final White House press briefing of 2014 Friday afternoon, Obama gave more details about his phone call with the communist leader of Cuba earlier this week before the announcement of a change in U.S. policy on the Caribbean island nation.



    Obama began the phone call with Castro with what he described as 15 minutes of opening comments. It was the first conversation between the heads of state in both countries since 1961. "I apologized for taking such a long time," Obama said. Castro responded by reminding Obama that the American president was still young enough to beat Castro's brother, former Cuban president and revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, who once gave a 7-hour-long speech.

    Obama Apologizes to Castro |
    The Weekly Standard


    I won't be clicking on the Weekly Standard link because I have zero interest in what any Neo-cons 'think' about anything.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    At times Mark Levin is too bombastic for me however this is an excellent interview with Marco Rubio and I think that Rubio makes an excellent argument about our relationship with Cuba. I wouldn't recommend that anyone comment unless they listen to the whole interview.

    LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba » The Right Scoop -
    Lmao, this made me chuckle:

    Cuba’s economy is set up so that 90% of all money in Cuba gets taken by the military because nothing is privately owned.

    Read more: LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba » The Right Scoop -
    Yeah, Rubio isn't a credible source on this. When he went on his rant that the US' is setting a bad example by opening relations with dictators because dictators are bad, I laughed even harder.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #127
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,841

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    At times Mark Levin is too bombastic for me however this is an excellent interview with Marco Rubio and I think that Rubio makes an excellent argument about our relationship with Cuba. I wouldn't recommend that anyone comment unless they listen to the whole interview.

    LISTEN to Marco Rubio’s fantastic interview with Mark Levin on Cuba » The Right Scoop -
    Excellent! Thanks for posting the link.

  8. #128
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao, this made me chuckle:



    Yeah, Rubio isn't a credible source on this. When he went on his rant that the US' is setting a bad example by opening relations with dictators because dictators are bad, I laughed even harder.
    I live in Florida and know lots of Cubans. Everyone I've spoken to opposes Obama's Cuban policy. Rubio reflects the feeling of Cubans in Florida. It's easy for anglo's not connected to the communist regime in Cuba to applaud the change in policy but the people with skin in the game should be listened to.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  9. #129
    Educator Flamethrower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-13-15 @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama Apologizes to Castro
    Cuban communist leader lectures Obama for 30 minutes.

    Barack Obama apologized to Cuban president Raul Castro during their phone conversation after the American commander in chief's opening remarks. Speaking to reporters at his final White House press briefing of 2014 Friday afternoon, Obama gave more details about his phone call with the communist leader of Cuba earlier this week before the announcement of a change in U.S. policy on the Caribbean island nation.



    Obama began the phone call with Castro with what he described as 15 minutes of opening comments. It was the first conversation between the heads of state in both countries since 1961. "I apologized for taking such a long time," Obama said. Castro responded by reminding Obama that the American president was still young enough to beat Castro's brother, former Cuban president and revolutionary leader Fidel Castro, who once gave a 7-hour-long speech.

    Obama Apologizes to Castro | The Weekly Standard
    I'd say it's time to return all the Cuban criminals that came over when Carter was in office. We should also give them about a million of our prisioners we could certainly do without.
    “Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary

  10. #130
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Obama Apologizes to Castro

    Yeah...thats a completely misleading headline. He apologized for being long winded in his intro. I'm assuming his apology was kind of tongue in cheek. Raul responded by talking for 30 minutes.

    Nothing to see here.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •