Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The dude who wrote this garbage apparently doesn't know David Brock was the founder and CEO for all of its existence.

  2. #32
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,896
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'm happy to say that the guy running PJ Media shouldn't be put in charge of monitoring elections - he's never going to be perceived as an honest broker. However, that doesn't mean that if I disagree with him (or Media Matters) that I can simply scoff and say "well, he's a liberal/conservative, of course therefore he's wrong in his statement of the facts".

    But if you have evidence that this guy has not, in fact, been put forth, I would be interested in seeing it.
    You can take the partisan out of a partisan organization, but you can't take the partisanship out of the partisan, it's in their core beliefs, part of the belif system.

    Some are calling this 'faux outrage'. Given the partisan history of the person, how can they possibly be expected to be an impartial monitor of elections?

    It's just as believable that 75% left wing media can manage to be unbiased. It's next to impossible and highly improbably for a human being to be so and do so.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  3. #33
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS


    As always, you rock Bubba....

  4. #34
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    For all of MM's existence?
    I thought so, but it appears as though I was wrong, Matthew Butler was CEO January 2011 April 2013.

    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matt-butler/5/121/b19


  5. #35
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so your objection to the source is whether it aligns with your personal political ideology
    got it
    did you miss the first half of that statement, or are you simply attempting to troll? I am stating pretty clearly that partisans whose presence will discredit the process have no business overseeing elections regardless of which side they are on.

  6. #36
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    did you miss the first half of that statement, or are you simply attempting to troll? I am stating pretty clearly that partisans whose presence will discredit the process have no business overseeing elections regardless of which side they are on.
    to you, anyone with a differing political outlook is a partisan
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #37
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    to you, anyone with a differing political outlook is a partisan
    Nevermind. Enjoy your troll.

  8. #38
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,695

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    First off, Butler has been gone from Media Matters for almost 2 years. Nothing about this is a reward to Media Matters as he had moved on to a different job. Also, he does in fact have relevant experience, despite the claims of the article, having run a presidential campaign for Chris Dodd and being involved in a number of other campaigns. That is what you would call hands on experience from the user side.

    But the one that is the most amusing is that you rail against partisanship on the committy, and yet one of the people listed in your source article as a positive example is in fact a registered republican(Davidson). In fact, trying to get some one who is not partisan to some level in a position like this would be for all intents and purposes impossible.
    The point is that the appointee shouldn't highly partisan. This kind of position needs someone who has some level of non-partisanship and Butler is FAR from that. If this was a Rep. President appointing Sean Hannity to the position, most folks on the left would be having a screaming meltdown, but since it's a decision that favors "your" side, you defend it. Crap like this needs to be fought against by ALL Americans and not ignored by some, just because they see a benefit from it. If the worm turns and the next Rep. President starts appointing partisan appointees to positions that NEED to be non-partisan, just remember that you defended this case, so you lose all credibility in any discussion on the issue.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  9. #39
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    The point is that the appointee shouldn't highly partisan. This kind of position needs someone who has some level of non-partisanship and Butler is FAR from that. If this was a Rep. President appointing Sean Hannity to the position, most folks on the left would be having a screaming meltdown, but since it's a decision that favors "your" side, you defend it. Crap like this needs to be fought against by ALL Americans and not ignored by some, just because they see a benefit from it. If the worm turns and the next Rep. President starts appointing partisan appointees to positions that NEED to be non-partisan, just remember that you defended this case, so you lose all credibility in any discussion on the issue.
    So anyone involved in politics or has opinion in politics isn't qualified to ensure it is easier to vote and that equipment is properly tested and vetted. That makes no effing sense whatsoever. Just because someone has a political point of view they must be passed over positions they are qualified for and only people who have no opinion on politics should be able to be appointed to these positions. That is just plain dumb. This appointee is highly qualified for this job. He is an accomplished attorney that specialized in oversight of management compliance to government directives. He is accomplished businessmen having founded and ran a successful political consulting firm. He has been involved in elections almost his entire adult career and was a successful businessman to boot. If we disqualify people like him to serve in positions of government then we might as well pack up our tents because we will only have mediocrity left. Your arguments hold no logical weight.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    W..... T...... H......



    .....making our election process more partisan weakens the public trust in our system of representative government and represents a direct threat to our form of government. That is why we should utterly smash any election official or candidate found to be manipulating the vote - to not only disincentive it in the future, but to restore trust in the system. This is an incredibly bad appointment.
    This is hope and change in action.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •