Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Is any one else amused at those who continue the narrative from the OP, despite it being disproven repeatedly in the thread? You can even guess who will do it...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    First off, Butler has been gone from Media Matters for almost 2 years.
    Irrelevant. If Anne Coulter leaves FOX, 24 months later she shouldn't be put over monitoring elections.

    Also, he does in fact have relevant experience, despite the claims of the article, having run a presidential campaign for Chris Dodd and being involved in a number of other campaigns. That is what you would call hands on experience from the user side.
    ....no. Having been a partisan who ran campaigns is not experience monitoring campaigns. That's like arguing that because Nick Saban has a lot of experience coaching Alabama, he should be a referee in the Iron Bowl.

    But the one that is the most amusing is that you rail against partisanship on the committy, and yet one of the people listed in your source article as a positive example is in fact a registered republican(Davidson). In fact, trying to get some one who is not partisan to some level in a position like this would be for all intents and purposes impossible.
    You are conflating membership in a party (which is required for the board) with being defined by partisanship.
    Last edited by cpwill; 12-19-14 at 08:41 AM.

  3. #23
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    nice source:
    PJ Media

    [/sarcasm]
    Nice ad-sourcinem.

  4. #24
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The dude who wrote this garbage apparently doesn't know David Brock was the founder and CEO for all of its existence.
    For all of MM's existence?

  5. #25
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How exactly did Obama reward Media Matters? Did he reward republicans when he nominated a republican for the position?
    Agreed that the concern isn't the reward to MM - OP's are constrained by forum rules to repeat the headline. The concern is what this does to the credibility of our election oversight process.

  6. #26
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Nice ad-sourcinem.
    but isn't that the very crux of your thread
    that the nominee came from media matters
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #27
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    but isn't that the very crux of your thread
    that the nominee came from media matters
    I'm happy to say that the guy running PJ Media shouldn't be put in charge of monitoring elections - he's never going to be perceived as an honest broker. However, that doesn't mean that if I disagree with him (or Media Matters) that I can simply scoff and say "well, he's a liberal/conservative, of course therefore he's wrong in his statement of the facts".

    But if you have evidence that this guy has not, in fact, been put forth, I would be interested in seeing it.

  8. #28
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'm happy to say that the guy running PJ Media shouldn't be put in charge of monitoring elections - he's never going to be perceived as an honest broker. However, that doesn't mean that if I disagree with him (or Media Matters) that I can simply scoff and say "well, he's a liberal/conservative, of course therefore he's wrong in his statement of the facts".

    But if you have evidence that this guy has not, in fact, been put forth, I would be interested in seeing it.
    so your objection to the source is whether it aligns with your personal political ideology
    got it
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so your objection to the source is whether it aligns with your personal political ideology
    got it
    That's your objection to this source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Obama Rewards Media Matters with a Political Nomination: Monitoring ELECTIONS

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    W..... T...... H......



    .....making our election process more partisan weakens the public trust in our system of representative government and represents a direct threat to our form of government. That is why we should utterly smash any election official or candidate found to be manipulating the vote - to not only disincentive it in the future, but to restore trust in the system. This is an incredibly bad appointment.
    There's a lesson to be learned here.
    Regarding ISIS, I've been saying there should be a way to draw them together in larger groups to wipe them out easier, faster, and with less ordnance than we're doing now.
    Similarly, it occurs to me that if someone wants to wipe out Leftists they could post a piece like this, CP.
    They sure do scamper out of their cubbies, don't they?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •