Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016 | New York Post

    It’s enough to make you feel sorry for Hillary Clinton. Well, almost.

    Her presidential campaign of celebrity and inevitability got off to a rocky start, mostly through her own mistakes, as when she claimed they were “dead broke” when she and Bubba left the White House. But her gaffes were mere speed bumps compared to the real threat forming now.

    Massachusetts firebrand Sen. Elizabeth Warren emerges from Washington’s budget clash as the undisputed champion of the rising left, and will almost certainly challenge Clinton for the 2016 nomination. The polls say it’s Hillary’s turn, but I’m starting to believe 2016 could be 2008 all over again, with Warren taking the nomination from her the way Barack Obama did.
    Hmmmm looks like it's not a shoe-in for Hillary.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,925
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016 | New York Post


    Hmmmm looks like it's not a shoe-in for Hillary.
    The notoriety caused by the budget debates is fleeting to the vast majority of the electorate. I am sure that some of the hard core left of the Democratic Party will sit up and grab her while tossing Clinton aside. But I doubt if this will put much a dent in Hillary's 62.7% to 11.3% lead she has over Warren for the Democratic Nomination.

    But being in the senate can be a big plus for Warren. If she keeps you profile high and seems to be the leader on issues very dear to the Democratic Parties left she can very well enhance her standing. But it will take time and pulling and playing the right strings. Warren for the time being has had her 15 minutes of fame, she is now in the background. Now it is up to her whether she stays there or arises to the fore front in the new congress. Time will tell.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    The notoriety caused by the budget debates is fleeting to the vast majority of the electorate. I am sure that some of the hard core left of the Democratic Party will sit up and grab her while tossing Clinton aside. But I doubt if this will put much a dent in Hillary's 62.7% to 11.3% lead she has over Warren for the Democratic Nomination.

    But being in the senate can be a big plus for Warren. If she keeps you profile high and seems to be the leader on issues very dear to the Democratic Parties left she can very well enhance her standing. But it will take time and pulling and playing the right strings. Warren for the time being has had her 15 minutes of fame, she is now in the background. Now it is up to her whether she stays there or arises to the fore front in the new congress. Time will tell.
    You could be right, but I'm betting that most of the Democrats are tired of Hillary Clinton, and are hoping for someone to replace her.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #4
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You could be right, but I'm betting that most of the Democrats are tired of Hillary Clinton, and are hoping for someone to replace her.
    I am. not a Democrat anymore - not supportive of the MS partys, but if I had to pick,, I would not be supporting Clinton,even though I made that mistake in '08.
    Not an Obama fan either. I like Warrens ideas on Dodd-Frank, ( derivatives), but I want someone with executive experience this time.

    Clinton's role as Sec of State would normally count,but she was less then impressive in that role

  5. #5
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    10-09-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    290

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You could be right, but I'm betting that most of the Democrats are tired of Hillary Clinton, and are hoping for someone to replace her.
    I for one have Hillary-fatigue, but so far her candidacy is the only game in town on the Dem side.
    With Warren continuing to say, "I'm not running for president" an alternative seems unlikely.
    Just my $0.02

  6. #6
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,562

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016 | New York Post


    Hmmmm looks like it's not a shoe-in for Hillary.
    Sure it is (look at any poll) - unless Warren pulls the race card.

    Warren may play better to the (far?) left base, but the far left would never vote for a republicant and don't really object to Clinton (they even voted for Obama in 2012 after he proved to be not much of a leader much less than a "true" liberal in actual practice). It amazes me that the libtards see PPACA as a great deal (which is not even close to UHC) when it is based, almost entirely, on guaranteed profits for a "private" insurance middle man which has to increase total medical care costs (just like using a real estate agent increases home buying costs). One certainly does not need an insurance company to help them find them a hospital, clinic or a doctor.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #7
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...ton-candidacy/

    But one shouldn’t be so jaded. There is genuine and intense excitement over the prospect of (another) Clinton presidency. Many significant American factions regard her elevation to the Oval Office as an opportunity for rejuvenation, as a stirring symbol of hope and change, as the vehicle for vital policy advances. Those increasingly inspired factions include:
    Wall Street

    Politico Magazine, November 11, 2014 (“Why Wall Street Loves Hillary”):

    Down on Wall Street they don’t believe (Clinton’s populist rhetoric) for a minute. While the finance industry does genuinely hate Warren, the big bankers love Clinton, and by and large they badly want her to be president.
    The Israel Lobby

    Both Bill and Hillary are so enamored with the idea of Israel and its unique history that they are prone to make certain allowances for the reality of Israel’s behavior, such as the continuing construction of settlements.
    Interventionists (i.e., war zealots)

    New York Times, June 15, 2014 (“Events in Iraq Open Door for Interventionist Revival, Historian Says”):

    But Exhibit A for what Robert Kagan describes as his “mainstream” view of American force is his relationship with former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who remains the vessel into which many interventionists are pouring their hopes.
    Old school neocons

    New York Times, Jacob Heilbrunn, July 5, 2014 (“The Next Act for Neocons: … Getting Ready to Ally With Hillary Clinton”?):

    After nearly a decade in the political wilderness, the neoconservative movement is back. . . . Even as they castigate Mr. Obama, the neocons may be preparing a more brazen feat: aligning themselves with Hillary Rodham Clinton and her nascent presidential campaign, in a bid to return to the driver’s seat of American foreign policy. . . .

  8. #8
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Ugh

    Elizabeth Warren on Gun Control

    If a magazine surpasses ten rounds she hates it. She wants to ban said magazines...

    Hillary Clinton on Gun Control

    She's still hung up on this whole idea of banning assault weapons, but at least she seems to believe gun control is a state issue and not federal issue, so she wouldn't push for anything on the federal level.

    I hope Warren gets pummeled by Hillary but oh well if she doesn't, not like I'll be old enough when the time to vote comes anyway (although 2020 I'll have to keep an eye on the candidates becaus eby then I WILL be old enough to vote).
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  9. #9
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Sure it is (look at any poll) - unless Warren pulls the race card.

    Warren may play better to the (far?) left base, but the far left would never vote for a republicant and don't really object to Clinton (they even voted for Obama in 2012 after he proved to be not much of a leader much less than a "true" liberal in actual practice). It amazes me that the libtards see PPACA as a great deal (which is not even close to UHC) when it is based, almost entirely, on guaranteed profits for a "private" insurance middle man which has to increase total medical care costs (just like using a real estate agent increases home buying costs). One certainly does not need an insurance company to help them find them a hospital, clinic or a doctor.
    A bit off topic but the hospitals are in league with the insurance companies also just randomly jacking up prices making it nearly impossible for someone to just pay as they go with healthcare.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,257

    Re: Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Elizabeth Warren poses a challenge to Hillary in 2016 | New York Post


    Hmmmm looks like it's not a shoe-in for Hillary.

    Never was.
    And now that they saw what she brings to the Party they're thinking maybe the radical native American nun would be a better choice but we better start building her up now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •