Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 129

Thread: Demario Bailey, 15, fatally shot during robbery attempt, police say suspects in custo

  1. #111
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't even know what the hell your point IS.

    BTW, I went back through and looked at the entire thread. You know who else hasn't said a word about the death of this young boy, outside of castigating others for the same? YOU.
    Of course you don't know what my point is. :lamp

    And, that's a damn lie...
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh yeah? Where the **** are the race hustlers, now? There's a 15 y/o boy--an actual kid this time--dead and all you people can do is scream, "raaaaaciiiiist!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #112
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Of course you don't know what my point is. :lamp

    And, that's a damn lie...
    Ah, so you mentioned it ... in an attack. You're a saint.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #113
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    The blacks? I mean, it's their fault their black, right?

    This whole thing seems like a ridiculous argument to me. Are we really arguing about which is a worse problem, white cops killing blacks, or blacks killing blacks? If you ask me, anyone killing anyone is a problem. Why can't we address both issues equally?

    I find it hard to understand that a person reaction to Eric Garners death being one of "Oh yea, well, black people kill more black people a year than police!" It's a nonsensical argument.
    If it wasnt brought up in that manner it would NEVER be discussed. Literally never.

    Perhaps the problem is what is actually brought up. Police brutality is a 'problem' when it occurs. Its not something that involves a majority of law enforcement and its not something that is done only towards blacks. And yet...the discussion about it IS racial. THATS why the discussion of day to day killing gets brought up. There IS no discussion of brutality in general or questioning of police shootings in general. Please dont pretend there is. If that were the case the conversation would not be led with the hashtag #Blacklivesmatter. So SINCE the only discussion is about black lives mattering, then why do the black lives that are lost at the hands of law enforcement 'matter' and not the 10,000+ lost at the hands of other blacks?

  4. #114
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Ah, so you mentioned it ... in an attack. You're a saint.
    Its funny to see Liberals whine about being attacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #115
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Thanks, I will go about arguing with the rational ones. If this is the message that you got from my post, then you're not worth having a rational discourse with.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    90% of black murder victims are murdered by blacks. Hmmm...you're right. That's no big deal. What the hell were we thinking?

    OK, boys, let's pack it up. Chaddelamancha thinks we should just shut up and let black folks just kill each other off.
    Hail to the King baby!

  6. #116
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    If you want to argue about police brutality in general and not just limit it to blacks, then go right ahead. It makes sense to want to do that in light of these high profile cases. But using the argument "What about Blacks killing more Blacks" doesn't do any good, it just muddles the waters.

    And to say that black on black crimes are never discussed is just dishonest. EVERYtime that there is a high profile race related crime involving blacks, this argument is brought up.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    If it wasnt brought up in that manner it would NEVER be discussed. Literally never.

    Perhaps the problem is what is actually brought up. Police brutality is a 'problem' when it occurs. Its not something that involves a majority of law enforcement and its not something that is done only towards blacks. And yet...the discussion about it IS racial. THATS why the discussion of day to day killing gets brought up. There IS no discussion of brutality in general or questioning of police shootings in general. Please dont pretend there is. If that were the case the conversation would not be led with the hashtag #Blacklivesmatter. So SINCE the only discussion is about black lives mattering, then why do the black lives that are lost at the hands of law enforcement 'matter' and not the 10,000+ lost at the hands of other blacks?
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #117
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    If you want to argue about police brutality in general and not just limit it to blacks, then go right ahead. It makes sense to want to do that in light of these high profile cases. But using the argument "What about Blacks killing more Blacks" doesn't do any good, it just muddles the waters.

    And to say that black on black crimes are never discussed is just dishonest. EVERY time that there is a high profile race related crime involving blacks, this argument is brought up.
    The fact is that the argument IS very clearly defined. Its not ABOUT police brutality in general...its about 'black'. That couldnt be made more abundantly clear. Its in the posters, the literature, the commentary. You have a female college president scolded for saying 'all lives matter' because 'all lives' detracts from the message 'black lives'. You have white protesters in Ferguson MO given rules on where to stand and how to act and to make sure that any media contact is referred to a black person because it is a black matter. Race is infused into this argument by the proponents. So...DO 'black lives' matter or not? Do a handful of questionable deaths at the hands of the police 'matter, as opposed to well over 10 THOUSAND deaths at the hands of black people? DO "black lives matter" or is that just a slogan?

    Your last line kind of makes the point. The ONLY time it is considered is when it is brought up during a racial incident and then, there is no dialogue...just a desperate attempt to run away from the facts.

  8. #118
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Trying really hard to get people like you to actually engage in the discussions. But black lives only matter to you when it is a white guy (and preferably a cop) that takes it.
    Yes, if only I were engaged in the discussion to your satisfaction, that's what would have prevented this of horrible situation.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  9. #119
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Yes, if only I were engaged in the discussion to your satisfaction, that's what would have prevented this of horrible situation.
    Nah. Don't engage. At all. Why should you? It's not like black lives REALLY matter. Just the ones you can exploit.

  10. #120
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: 15 yr. old Black Teen killed during attempted robbery

    Nobody is saying that black on black crime isn't a problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The fact is that the argument IS very clearly defined. Its not ABOUT police brutality in general...its about 'black'. That couldnt be made more abundantly clear. Its in the posters, the literature, the commentary. You have a female college president scolded for saying 'all lives matter' because 'all lives' detracts from the message 'black lives'. You have white protesters in Ferguson MO given rules on where to stand and how to act and to make sure that any media contact is referred to a black person because it is a black matter. Race is infused into this argument by the proponents. So...DO 'black lives' matter or not? Do a handful of questionable deaths at the hands of the police 'matter, as opposed to well over 10 THOUSAND deaths at the hands of black people? DO "black lives matter" or is that just a slogan?

    Your last line kind of makes the point. The ONLY time it is considered is when it is brought up during a racial incident and then, there is no dialogue...just a desperate attempt to run away from the facts.
    Hail to the King baby!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •