Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 223

Thread: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

  1. #21
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    speaking of goose and gander...what sentence did Emperor Hirohito or his executive staff receive?

    nevermind, it's a trick question.... they weren't even prosecuted, let alone convicted......( the very people you want to see prosecuted are the ones that won't be)


    may I ask why you seem to support the application of Ex Post Facto law
    which resulting in the execution and imprisonments of thousands?


    What Cheney and the other war criminals from the G.W. Bush mis-administration did and should be put on trial for were war crimes when they did those nasty deeds.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    What Cheney and the other war criminals from the G.W. Bush mis-administration did and should be put on trial for were war crimes when they did those nasty deeds.
    well, not according to legal counsel... but i can see the argument.

    my ex post facto comment was about Japanese being executed and imprisoned for similar "crimes"... that weren't crimes at the time they were perpetrated.

    yes, we executed and imprisoned those folks.. we also interned our own citizens ... our courts allowed both to happen.
    I'm not sure that is the sort of behavior we need to be holding on a pedestal, though.

    in any event, it's wishful thinking.... there will be no prosecutions.. no convictions.. no nothing.

    even if you ( the universal "you")believe in the farce that is "war crimes".. you will get no satisfaction.

  3. #23
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Dude shoots his friends. Buffalo said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #24
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well, not according to legal counsel... but i can see the argument.

    my ex post facto comment was about Japanese being executed and imprisoned for similar "crimes"... that weren't crimes at the time they were perpetrated.

    yes, we executed and imprisoned those folks.. we also interned our own citizens ... our courts allowed both to happen.
    I'm not sure that is the sort of behavior we need to be holding on a pedestal, though.

    in any event, it's wishful thinking.... there will be no prosecutions.. no convictions.. no nothing.

    even if you ( the universal "you")believe in the farce that is "war crimes"..
    you will get no satisfaction.


    I'll believe that when the people we're talking about are dead and buried.

    Until then there's a chance that they'll be put on trial.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I'll believe that when the people we're talking about are dead and buried.

    Until then there's a chance that they'll be put on trial.
    well ...good luck with that

  6. #26
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Who is Dick Chaney?
    Ahh yes, Cheney*. Thanks.

    I'd hate to smear the name of a guy named Dick Chaney who was not the sociopath Cheney is.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #27
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Dude shoots his friends. Buffalo said.
    cheneh_gutshot.jpg

  8. #28
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    728

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Its embarrassing for people to keep referring to this as torture.

  9. #29
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanist View Post
    Its embarrassing for people to keep referring to this as torture.
    It's literally torture by the definition of the word torture. It's embarrassing that you don't know how to read a dictionary.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #30
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Dick Cheney Would Torture Again

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Ahh yes, Cheney*. Thanks.

    I'd hate to smear the name of a guy named Dick Chaney who was not the sociopath Cheney is.
    Next time be careful how you smear Darth Vader II.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •