Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 532

Thread: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    ok, i'm only going to explain this to you one more time.

    you're already paying for it (and you're probably paying more) in the form of long term entitlements for those who don't get an education or job training. if we guarantee access to college and job training, there will be fewer people drawing public assistance, and we'll all benefit from having one of the most educated populations in the world. this is the smart way to address the problem.

    do you understand?
    you just don't get it. they can do all of that stuff now and they refuse or don't want to go. some are actually working there as they are in college. you can't force them to get a college education.
    you are still going to be paying long term entitlements on top of now having pay for every kid to go to college for free.

    what you are saying is just logically not possible in reality. if we lived in a eutopia then maybe.

    why do you not understand this?

  2. #482
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you just don't get it. they can do all of that stuff now and they refuse or don't want to go. some are actually working there as they are in college. you can't force them to get a college education.
    you are still going to be paying long term entitlements on top of now having pay for every kid to go to college for free.

    what you are saying is just logically not possible in reality. if we lived in a eutopia then maybe.

    why do you not understand this?
    because you're just flat out wrong. education and training is the best thing we can do for our population and for our nation.

    however, i'm done with this nonsense. enjoy paying for the entitlements, i guess. peace.

  3. #483
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    because you're just flat out wrong. education and training is the best thing we can do for our population and for our nation.

    however, i'm done with this nonsense. enjoy paying for the entitlements, i guess. peace.
    prove then every kids will attend college or job training. once you prove it I will be flat out wrong.
    they can easily do that now and they don't. so no I am not flat out wrong.

    you want to pay for entitlements + free college for everyone. please tell me where you are going to get the money.
    the only nonsense is you thinking every person will go to college or get job training and entitlements will just disappear.

    just like the nonsense you think that everyone should be a supervisor or manager just because they work for a company for X period of time.
    even though you were shown that isn't possible.

    the only nonsense is that you ignore reality for some eutopia dream.

  4. #484
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    prove then every kids will attend college or job training. once you prove it I will be flat out wrong.
    they can easily do that now and they don't. so no I am not flat out wrong.

    you want to pay for entitlements + free college for everyone. please tell me where you are going to get the money.
    by taxing you. nobody else. just you.

  5. #485
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    So your comment was not only inflated but as inaccurate as you claim the Opensecrets site. Ironic to say the least... Let's flashback to your assertion:

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski
    Gimmie a break, the Koch Brothers spend more than double of the top ten unions combined.
    Double the top 10 unions COMBINED.

    You're links do not support that. In fact, fact checker makes no such assertion and identifies the difficulty in even making the claim the Koch's and the Unions were even in their donations and say nothing about double the top 10. Your second link is not a credible link but a liberal circle jerk site.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #486
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    move to my state. the Republicans forced through "right to work" nonsense, gutting the unions.
    If giving individual employees the choice on whether or not to join a union has the effect of gutting a union, then clearly the union wasn't producing results that the individual employee felt was worth the dues paid.

    meh, anyway, most anti-union people have secure, legacy jobs. "i've got mine, **** you," basically. what they don't consider is that their kids are going to have to work in that union-free dream world. that's the part that really sucks.
    I think there are actually very few "anti-union" people out there. I think there are a lot of pro-individual-choice folks out there who get labeled anti-union because that's an easier trope to attack than the "darn you and you wanting to give individual American workers the right to choose whether or not they wish to belong to a union" line of argumentation. That being said, do you have any evidence to back your claim that most of those who are pro-right-to-work have secure legacy jobs? That is the form of employment (ironically) most associated with the unionized workforces. To fire me, for example, my boss has to say "you're fired", and then he has to let HR know. He doesn't even have to give me a good accounting of the reasons. To fire a teacher is a very different ball of wax.

  7. #487
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    by taxing you. nobody else. just you.
    thank you for proving my point.

  8. #488
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uh, no. Ad hominem would be attacking you.

    I was attacking what you posted.
    Yeah, name-calling/degredation as opposed to the presentation of any kind of countering logic or data is indeed ad hominem. However, if you wish to make the case that labor is not impacted by basic laws of supply and demand, I would be more than willing to spend a post or two discrediting that claim, if you are willing to attempt to actually defend it beyond trolling.

  9. #489
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,124

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    If giving individual employees the choice on whether or not to join a union has the effect of gutting a union, then clearly the union wasn't producing results that the individual employee felt was worth the dues paid.
    they destroyed collective bargaining. that guts the union.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I think there are actually very few "anti-union" people out there.



    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I think there are a lot of pro-individual-choice folks out there who get labeled anti-union because that's an easier trope to attack than the "darn you and you wanting to give individual American workers the right to choose whether or not they wish to belong to a union" line of argumentation. That being said, do you have any evidence to back your claim that most of those who are pro-right-to-work have secure legacy jobs? That is the form of employment (ironically) most associated with the unionized workforces. To fire me, for example, my boss has to say "you're fired", and then he has to let HR know. He doesn't even have to give me a good accounting of the reasons. To fire a teacher is a very different ball of wax.
    people in good paying, secure jobs are a lot more likely to have an "i've got mine, **** you" attitude. their primary motivation is to pay as little in taxes as possible, and for goods to be as cheap as possible. hence, they often don't support unions.

    anyway, this thread has taken up enough of my life. i can't believe i spent like fifty pages having to argue for helping people go to college instead of paying them entitlements for life, but there it is. believe whatever you want, and if you don't like unions, i can send you a PM telling you where to move.

  10. #490
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,753

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    If giving individual employees the choice on whether or not to join a union has the effect of gutting a union, then clearly the union wasn't producing results that the individual employee felt was worth the dues paid.



    I think there are actually very few "anti-union" people out there. I think there are a lot of pro-individual-choice folks out there who get labeled anti-union because that's an easier trope to attack than the "darn you and you wanting to give individual American workers the right to choose whether or not they wish to belong to a union" line of argumentation. That being said, do you have any evidence to back your claim that most of those who are pro-right-to-work have secure legacy jobs? That is the form of employment (ironically) most associated with the unionized workforces. To fire me, for example, my boss has to say "you're fired", and then he has to let HR know. He doesn't even have to give me a good accounting of the reasons. To fire a teacher is a very different ball of wax.
    These right to work pro-individual-choice people you mention are nothing but barnacles: they take all of the advantages but offer non of the support.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •