Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 532

Thread: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

  1. #421
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Valid points bro. I may not agree with you on everything, but I don't think we're as far apart as I originally thought. Your heart is in the right place, sorry for implying otherwise earlier.
    sorry for my harsh tone, as well. i'm currently fighting off the plague, though that's not a good excuse for hostility. i enjoyed the discussion.

  2. #422
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    sorry for my harsh tone, as well. i'm currently fighting off the plague, though that's not a good excuse for hostility. i enjoyed the discussion.
    Hey, no problemo. If I can't take it, I shouldn't dish it out eh?

    I enjoyed it as well. Thanks. Get well soon.

  3. #423
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Hey, no problemo. If I can't take it, I shouldn't dish it out eh?

    I enjoyed it as well. Thanks. Get well soon.
    thank you.

  4. #424
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    ok.

    i'm a loyal employee. make a tree of positions for me to climb, where i earn a bit a bit more at each branch. and if i continue to be a loyal and hard working employee, help me to escape poverty through my hard work. hell, go hog wild and even encourage me to attend school through partnerships with colleges. to pay for this, charge five bucks for the damned tide instead of four.
    I am sure they already have that. you can go from a normal cashier to a lead cashier to a cashier supervisor.
    or you might have to go to a different area in the store say from cashier to hardware or toys for a promotion, but if you limit yourself then you can't blame the company

    seriously. we can either give people a chance to pull themselves out of poverty, or we can keep our four dollar tide and pour a bunch of money into public assistance. we all would prefer that the person working at walmart should have a chance to work his or her way up the ladder. just pay a little more for **** there, and we can probably get that done.
    your not going to do that at walmart. not nearly as much money if these people weren't working at all or do you disagree?
    not everyone can work themselves up the ladder. they don't have the mentality to do it or they don't have the work ethic.

    just me I work with plenty of people that can easily do anything in the world and the people that are in upper management started where they were. they just want a pay check.

    but i'm sure that this post pisses you off somehow. waiting for your long response, arguing that your four dollar instead of five dollar tide is precious to you, and that we're better off letting walmart workers be poor and uneducated, or that walmart has already addressed and completely solved these problems, and that their workers are just too lazy to take advantage of the opportunities.
    well doubling their salary wouldn't put it at 5 dollar it would put it more at 8 or 9 dollars. you basically shut walmart out of the group of people they are targeting which is lower and lower middle income people.

    it doesn't piss me off at all. it shows that you really don't understand walmarts business very well. sure they could pay the same as Costco no problem. they can also charge as much as Costco does to keep that pay.

    nope they aren't because some are working and going to school etc because they realize that the only way to make money is to get an education.

  5. #425
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I am sure they already have that. you can go from a normal cashier to a lead cashier to a cashier supervisor.
    or you might have to go to a different area in the store say from cashier to hardware or toys for a promotion, but if you limit yourself then you can't blame the company



    your not going to do that at walmart. not nearly as much money if these people weren't working at all or do you disagree?
    not everyone can work themselves up the ladder. they don't have the mentality to do it or they don't have the work ethic.

    just me I work with plenty of people that can easily do anything in the world and the people that are in upper management started where they were. they just want a pay check.



    well doubling their salary wouldn't put it at 5 dollar it would put it more at 8 or 9 dollars. you basically shut walmart out of the group of people they are targeting which is lower and lower middle income people.

    it doesn't piss me off at all. it shows that you really don't understand walmarts business very well. sure they could pay the same as Costco no problem. they can also charge as much as Costco does to keep that pay.

    nope they aren't because some are working and going to school etc because they realize that the only way to make money is to get an education.
    i think that we should guarantee post secondary education or job training for everyone. not doing that is costing us too much money.

    and i see no reason to let any kid drop out of high school. that is really costing us money.

  6. #426
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Anybody and group has the right to strike. It's a constitutionally protected right under "redress of grievances".

    YOU can run your company any way you want to. The fact remains however that you become a target for an organizing drive.
    sure you can go strike and you can lose your job if you aren't in a union pretty simple.
    nope it isn't a constitutional right.

    not really since I don't run a company, but if I did I would expect them to show up for work when they are supposed to.

  7. #427
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i think that we should guarantee post secondary education or job training for everyone. not doing that is costing us too much money.

    and i see no reason to let any kid drop out of high school. that is really costing us money.
    they already offer that to anyone and everyone. anyone getting out of high school can do either.
    I did.

    I went to college got a degree in Computer Science.
    bad timing. I graduated with a 2 year degree instead of 4.
    companies started wanting 4 year degree's.

    a few years later I went back and got my 4 year in network communications management.

    it got me my job with my current company. everyone starts off at the bottom here due to the nature of the business, but 6 months in I was promoted.
    by year 3 I was making 15 an hour for basic operations work.

    was with them 6 years and got promoted to what I do now which is a project analyst. I travel the world.

  8. #428
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    they already offer that to anyone and everyone. anyone getting out of high school can do either.
    I did.

    I went to college got a degree in Computer Science.
    bad timing. I graduated with a 2 year degree instead of 4.
    companies started wanting 4 year degree's.

    a few years later I went back and got my 4 year in network communications management.

    it got me my job with my current company. everyone starts off at the bottom here due to the nature of the business, but 6 months in I was promoted.
    by year 3 I was making 15 an hour for basic operations work.

    was with them 6 years and got promoted to what I do now which is a project analyst. I travel the world.
    our average student loan debt is $29,400. come on, man. don't pretend like there isn't a problem.

    Average student loan debt: $29,400 - Dec. 4, 2013

    we should strive for as educated of a population as possible. we all benefit immensely from that.

  9. #429
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,753

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    sure you can go strike and you can lose your job if you aren't in a union pretty simple.
    nope it isn't a constitutional right.

    not really since I don't run a company, but if I did I would expect them to show up for work when they are supposed to.
    Going on strike and shutting a company down through neighborhood support and respect for the picket line is exactly how nonunion workers get union contracts. The neighborhood support will be the next thing coming...

    Ray Dolby had a great way of using the "sick day / PTO" subject. He called them what they are "mental health days": you could take as many as you needed, just don't abuse it. Since he's passed away now, I doubt that the company is using this style anymore, but maybe they are.

    If you ran a company - with your attitude - you'd be organized in a heartbeat.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  10. #430
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,718

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    our average student loan debt is $29,400. come on, man. don't pretend like there isn't a problem.

    Average student loan debt: $29,400 - Dec. 4, 2013

    we should strive for as educated of a population as possible. we all benefit immensely from that.
    cool you want to pay for it? I don't. I have myself and my kids to pay for I don't have the money to pay for every kid that wants to go to college.
    you talk as if money just grows on tree's and can be handed like candy. it doesn't.

    if you want to go to college then you need to pay for it just as everyone else had to.

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •