Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 532

Thread: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

  1. #371
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    this is the part where i'm supposed to ask you what you think i'm arguing for. the thing is, i don't care what you think. i want people who work for the nation's largest employer to have better opportunities to climb the ladder so that they don''t have to draw public assistance.

    don't believe me? i don't give a ****.
    And it's already been pointed out to you that the opportunities already exist at Walmart, and artificially enhancing them will hurt more than it helps. This has nothing to do with helping anyone, it is about control. The face of modern liberalism.

    No need to point out that you don't give a ****, it is readily apparent in your postings.

  2. #372
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,105

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    And it's already been pointed out to you that the opportunities already exist at Walmart, and artificially enhancing them will hurt more than it helps. This has nothing to do with helping anyone, it is about control. The face of modern liberalism.

    No need to point out that you don't give a ****, it is readily apparent in your postings.
    i give a **** about helping people to work their way out of public assistance. there is no possible way that helping them to do that will hurt more than it helps. paint me however you want if it appeals to your monochromatic worldview, but you're dead wrong. i want people to have better opportunities through hard work, and i think that this is something that we should encourage. and no, we're not currently doing enough to make sure that happens.

  3. #373
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    It's funny, in a pathetically disgusting sort of way that in almost every other country Wal Mart is located all of their employees are unionized. It was stipulation for letting them do business in their country. Here in the US? Nope. They find justification that 18 million should live off 17K a year(33 billion) while 5 beneficiaries be worth almost 100 billion.

    I avoid Wal Mart like the plague rather go to their slightly less egregious and mildly more expensive cousin Target. When forced into Wal Mart, I don't marvel at the cheap prices I'm disgusted by the degradation of both clientele and workers.

    I say burn every one of them stores down and teach the people to live again.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  4. #374
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i give a **** about helping people to work their way out of public assistance. there is no possible way that helping them to do that will hurt more than it helps. paint me however you want if it appeals to your monochromatic worldview, but you're dead wrong. i want people to have better opportunities through hard work, and i think that this is something that we should encourage. and no, we're not currently doing enough to make sure that happens.
    I can't know your heart, that is true. If you say you do care, then I will give that the benefit of the doubt. But just as the road to hell is paved with good intentions, the road to modern liberalism is constructed in much the same way.

    Tell me again how higher prices at the grocery store helps people.

  5. #375
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    It's funny, in a pathetically disgusting sort of way that in almost every other country Wal Mart is located all of their employees are unionized. It was stipulation for letting them do business in their country. Here in the US? Nope. They find justification that 18 million should live off 17K a year(33 billion) while 5 beneficiaries be worth almost 100 billion.

    I avoid Wal Mart like the plague rather go to their slightly less egregious and mildly more expensive cousin Target. When forced into Wal Mart, I don't marvel at the cheap prices I'm disgusted by the degradation of both clientele and workers.

    I say burn every one of them stores down and teach the people to live again.
    Lol, I pointed this out earlier in the thread. And this is what it basically boils down to for many of the Walmart haters, jealousy of the heirs. Thank you for illustrating my point.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,559

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    this is oversimplified bull****, and you know it. the problem isn't the laziness of workers. i know, because i live in a town where people work their asses off and get paid **** for it.
    no its not, I see it all the time. The only reason people stay in a low level position is if they are lazy or they want to.

  7. #377
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,722

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you are not part of a union you have 0 right to strike. these workers are not union and protested and basically in a strike or walk out.
    they didn't show up to work when they were supposed to.

    I would have fired them. hired people that actually wanted jobs and to work.
    I am glad to see that a system of labor prevails under which laborers can strike when they want to... I like the system which lets a man quit when he wants to and wish it would prevail everywhere.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Anybody and group has the right to strike. It's a constitutionally protected right under "redress of grievances".

    YOU can run your company any way you want to. The fact remains however that you become a target for an organizing drive.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #378
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Anybody and group has the right to strike. It's a constitutionally protected right under "redress of grievances".

    YOU can run your company any way you want to. The fact remains however that you become a target for an organizing drive.
    Any group does have a right to strike, and the company has a right to fire them.

  9. #379
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Lol, I pointed this out earlier in the thread. And this is what it basically boils down to for many of the Walmart haters, jealousy of the heirs. Thank you for illustrating my point.


    You missed the entire point of the post.

    I'm not jealous of anyone. My needs and wants are satisfied quite nicely.

    What I find in people who support this type of imbalance is an immature fawning over wealth and a child like stubbornness to relinquish the hope that maybe one day too it would be they who are in command of such wealth. It is a slavish attitude that makes one think themselves and others are undeserving of more while their idols of industry are by right, entitled to what they have regardless of how their fortune was made.

    But if you can't see where the economic injustice of this lies, there is simply no helping you and no reason to have a conversation.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  10. #380
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Walmart Threatened Workers For Trying To Organize, Judge Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post


    You missed the entire point of the post.

    I'm not jealous of anyone. My needs and wants are satisfied quite nicely.

    What I find in people who support this type of imbalance is an immature fawning over wealth and a child like stubbornness to relinquish the hope that maybe one day too it would be they who are in command of such wealth. It is a slavish attitude that makes one think themselves and others are undeserving of more while their idols of industry are by right, entitled to what they have regardless of how their fortune was made.

    But if you can't see where the economic injustice of this lies, there is simply no helping you and no reason to have a conversation.
    I think what you meant to say was, there is no point in having a conversation with someone, unless they agree wholeheartedly with your worldview.

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •