Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

  1. #31
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I get a kick out of this kind of crap. 99% of people in this country have no idea that police harassment is or what its like.
    Unfortunately that is true. Everyone should know.

  2. #32
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...der_in_nyc.pdf
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...eport_2011.pdf

    This shows the NYPD officer involved shootings.

    In NYC 2011, 515 people were victims of homicide. 62% were black (319 dead black people). Of the known murderers of those black people, 83% were black.

    Conversely, there a grand total of 40 people killed by law enforcement officers in NYC. 44% of those shot were white. 33% of those shot were Hispanic. 22% (9 people) were black. 67% of the black people shot had first fired on the cops.
    Yeah, it's like all the noise made about the 9/11 attack. Over 12 times as many people were killed in auto accidents that year alone. Yet people talked on and on and on about 9/11 like it was such a big deal. Its outrageous how people made such a big deal of it, we even went to war over it!

    Instead, why don't people rage and go to war over automobile accidents? Same about police. Far more people get beat up and shot not by police than by police. So why don't people stop talking about police and only talk about all the beatings and killing not by the police? Just like people shouldn't have talked about 9/11 and should have been talking about automobile accidents.

    Besides, it's not even illegal for police to beat or kill people. It's just nothing. Nothing to see here, folks, go look at videos of automobile accidents if you want to see injustice. That's the reason not to talk about violent crime at all, since far more people are injured (hundreds of thousands) and killed in automobile accidents. This also is what all prisons should be shut down. Crime is irrelevant. Its automobile accidents that are the only real topic. More children are hurt and killed in automobile accidents than by abuse, so its ridiculous to have any threads about that too.



    Really, for at least 99% of topics on this forum it should simply be explained there is something else more important so everyone should not talk about that topic because it is lesser important and therefore completely irrelevant to anything.
    Last edited by joko104; 12-11-14 at 10:23 PM.

  3. #33
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Wow. No wonder they're all up in arms and protesting. 8 million people in NYC and 40 of them got killed by cops. 9 black people (more than half of whom fired at the cops first) were killed.

    Geezus. This is pathetic.

    By your logic and words, it is "pathetic" for you to post messages about any of this as what happens in NYC is irrelevant to you, isn't it? What do you care? Doesn't affect you.

  4. #34
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,489

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    The "black lives matter" slogan doesn't even make sense in light of what they're actually protesting. If they really think that black lives matter then they wouldn't be trying to glorify the memory of a career criminal who spent the last 30 years going in and out of jail or a punk who terrorized a local business owner before assaulting a police officer. If they really think that black lives matter then they'd be protesting the failure of the black community to keep their kids in school and stop thinking of criminal activity as a legitimate or desirable career path.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    This really shouldn't be that hard an issue to grasp. The campaigners clearly believe that some people's lives are being treated as though they don't matter all that much. Not that all lives aren't important. End of story and ideally end of outrage.

  6. #36
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,749

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yeah, it's like all the noise made about the 9/11 attack. Over 12 times as many people were killed in auto accidents that year alone. Yet people talked on and on and on about 9/11 like it was such a big deal. Its outrageous how people made such a big deal of it, we even went to war over it!

    Instead, why don't people rage and go to war over automobile accidents? Same about police. Far more people get beat up and shot not by police than by police. So why don't people stop talking about police and only talk about all the beatings and killing not by the police? Just like people shouldn't have talked about 9/11 and should have been talking about automobile accidents.

    Besides, it's not even illegal for police to beat or kill people. It's just nothing. Nothing to see here, folks, go look at videos of automobile accidents if you want to see injustice. That's the reason not to talk about violent crime at all, since far more people are injured (hundreds of thousands) and killed in automobile accidents. This also is what all prisons should be shut down. Crime is irrelevant. Its automobile accidents that are the only real topic. More children are hurt and killed in automobile accidents than by abuse, so its ridiculous to have any threads about that too.



    Really, for at least 99% of topics on this forum it should simply be explained there is something else more important so everyone should not talk about that topic because it is lesser important and therefore completely irrelevant to anything.
    Where abuse occurs, it should be discussed. Where it is criminal it should be prosecuted. No one is suggesting otherwise. Mike Brown triggered all this ruckus...do you believe the cop that shot Mike Brown should be in prison?

  7. #37
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,749

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I got pulled over by an Arkansas DOT cop last week. I opened the door and said, "I can't breathe!". We had a good laugh about it...lol!
    Did you shout it 11 times? If so, how many times did you have to breathe while shouting it? I'd bet 11.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,953

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    By your logic and words, it is "pathetic" for you to post messages about any of this as what happens in NYC is irrelevant to you, isn't it? What do you care? Doesn't affect you.
    I have family in Brooklyn. Am I allowed by you to have an opinion?

  9. #39
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,297

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    By your logic and words, it is "pathetic" for you to post messages about any of this as what happens in NYC is irrelevant to you, isn't it? What do you care? Doesn't affect you.
    Your idiotic post is idiotic. You shouldn't attempt to assume someone else's logic.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #40
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,297

    Re: A College President Had to Apologize for Saying 'All Lives Matter'

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I have family in Brooklyn. Am I allowed by you to have an opinion?
    I have family on the NYPD. No, we aren't allowed to have an opinion that isn't in sync with his. Try to keep up.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •