Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 451

Thread: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

  1. #391
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That's your view and you're entitled to it. I consider the fact that after 9/11 President Bush did all within his power to protect the American people from further harm and succeeded in doing so without further incident to be entirely honorable. The man was truly struck by the loses on that day and the devastation brought to so many families and I'm sure he never wished to experience that again, at least not on his watch.
    Good lord, what an embarrassing post. In response to 9/11, Bush burned down a nation that was not responsible for 9/11, making extremism exponentially worse in that region and ultimately making America less safe.

  2. #392
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Good lord, what an embarrassing post. In response to 9/11, Bush burned down a nation that was not responsible for 9/11, making extremism exponentially worse in that region and ultimately making America less safe.
    Like I said, people are entitled to their views. However, unlike you, I have no reason to insult or personally attack another person's point of view as liberals of your ilk must. The arrogance and smugness of the musing of liberals of your ilk is why many sane liberals are too humiliated to self identify as liberal.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #393
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That's your view and you're entitled to it. I consider the fact that after 9/11 President Bush did all within his power to protect the American people from further harm and succeeded in doing so without further incident to be entirely honorable. The man was truly struck by the loses on that day and the devastation brought to so many families and I'm sure he never wished to experience that again, at least not on his watch. I consider it far more honorable than leaving four American patriots to die in Benghazi and then the President and the Secretary of State being unable to look a grieving mother in the face and answer her questions about why. But we all have our own personal views on the character, integrity, decency and honour of people we see acting and reacting in public.
    No, Bush listened to the wrong people. It's too bad that he waited until almost the end of his second term before kicking the Neocons to the curb. Bush was actually pretty decent before he bought into the Neocon BS lies.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #394
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    No, Bush listened to the wrong people. It's too bad that he waited until almost the end of his second term before kicking the Neocons to the curb. Bush was actually pretty decent before he bought into the Neocon BS lies.
    All Presidents have advisers that on occasion lead them astray. One could argue that President Obama's disastrous Presidency can be laid at the feet of his inner White House counselors as opposed to the experts in the various fields who advised him differently.

    That said, if a person, a President, acts with honour and sincerity of purpose and the outcome is less than what others may have wanted or expected, that doesn't mean the person or President is any less honorable. I still believe that President Bush was and is an honorable man and he acted most honorably in carrying out his duties as President. In my view, President Bush was one of the least political Presidents ever to hold the office - that is quite honorable too.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  5. #395
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    All Presidents have advisers that on occasion lead them astray. One could argue that President Obama's disastrous Presidency can be laid at the feet of his inner White House counselors as opposed to the experts in the various fields who advised him differently.

    That said, if a person, a President, acts with honour and sincerity of purpose and the outcome is less than what others may have wanted or expected, that doesn't mean the person or President is any less honorable. I still believe that President Bush was and is an honorable man and he acted most honorably in carrying out his duties as President. In my view, President Bush was one of the least political Presidents ever to hold the office - that is quite honorable too.
    Honorable? He ordered the CIA to spy on the Quakers, for Christ sake.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #396
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Honorable? He ordered the CIA to spy on the Quakers, for Christ sake.
    Why?

    Is that more or less honorable than spying on every American under President Obama?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  7. #397
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    All Presidents have advisers that on occasion lead them astray. One could argue that President Obama's disastrous Presidency can be laid at the feet of his inner White House counselors as opposed to the experts in the various fields who advised him differently.

    That said, if a person, a President, acts with honour and sincerity of purpose and the outcome is less than what others may have wanted or expected, that doesn't mean the person or President is any less honorable. I still believe that President Bush was and is an honorable man and he acted most honorably in carrying out his duties as President. In my view, President Bush was one of the least political Presidents ever to hold the office - that is quite honorable too.
    In the end, Bush's biggest fault was listening to bad advice. I agree with that.

    Least political? Not by a long shot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #398
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Why?

    Is that more or less honorable than spying on every American under President Obama?
    The Bush administration is just as culpable in spying on all Americans.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #399
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Why?

    Is that more or less honorable than spying on every American under President Obama?
    Obama is not an honorable man, but neither was Bush. You defending Bush by pointing the finger at another asswipe doesn't make Bush any less of an asswipe.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #400
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Obama is not an honorable man, but neither was Bush. You defending Bush by pointing the finger at another asswipe doesn't make Bush any less of an asswipe.
    Not at all. I asked you why Bush supposedly, personally, authorized spying on the Quakers. You didn't tell me. But if he did order it specifically, which I don't believe, it would have been done as part of a blanket order for surveillance of any and all protest groups. At a time when terrorists were becoming home grown and hiding in plain sight, it was prudent that surveillance be conducted. After all, had there been another attack on US soil, I'm sure you would have been among those who decried Bush's incompetence in not seeing the attack coming and not doing everything he could to avert it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •