Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 451

Thread: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

  1. #371
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    She was never in the operational chain of command. She would have had no reason to be involved in, or even have knowledge of, operational activities.
    So your claim is now that the chairperson of the Homeland Security Council was completely unaware of a homeland security threat you claim existed? What a fascinating web you're trying to weave.

  2. #372
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    So your claim is now that the chairperson of the Homeland Security Council was completely unaware of a homeland security threat you claim existed? What a fascinating web you're trying to weave.
    If you will re-read McLaughlin's article, and try to understand it, you will notice that it concerns wide ranging activity outside the US. She would certainly have been aware of threats, but absolutely not aware of operational details (which are generally not germane to threat assessments in any case). So no, she would not have been aware of the provenance of lead information across hundreds of sources, leads and targets.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #373
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    So your claim is now that the chairperson of the Homeland Security Council was completely unaware of a homeland security threat you claim existed? What a fascinating web you're trying to weave.
    Moreover, such details would have been inappropriate for public remarks.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #374
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    If you will re-read McLaughlin's article, and try to understand it, you will notice that it concerns wide ranging activity outside the US. She would certainly have been aware of threats, but absolutely not aware of operational details (which are generally not germane to threat assessments in any case). So no, she would not have been aware of the provenance of lead information across hundreds of sources, leads and targets.
    Your claims are just speculation in an attempt to perpetuate McLaughlin's assertions which have already been proven to be lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Moreover, such details would have been inappropriate for public remarks.
    Lies usually are.

  5. #375
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Your claims are just speculation in an attempt to perpetuate McLaughlin's claims which have already been proven to be lies.
    McLaughlin's statements are entirely true. I do not speculate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #376
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    McLaughlin's statements are entirely true. I do not speculate.
    Only if you believe that the CIA traveled back in time.

  7. #377
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Only if you believe that the CIA traveled back in time.
    That is not necessary. You are so desperate to make your case that straightforward common sense eludes you.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    I am quite sure everyone - especially neocons - are DYING to know what Edward Snowden thinks of all this...

    http://rt.com/news/213247-snowden-to...ency-security/

    Oh, btw, if I have not mentioned it before, Edward Snowden is a hero.

    Just thought I would mention he is a hero, in case I had not mentioned it before.

    Actually, now that I think about it, I definitely have mentioned that Edward Snowden is a hero before.

  9. #379
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    That is not necessary. You are so desperate to make your case that straightforward common sense eludes you.
    Not at all, but for some reason you feel compelled to fabricate a narrative that isn't supported by any evidence and runs contrary to the facts.

  10. #380
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,751
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Not at all, but for some reason you feel compelled to fabricate a narrative that isn't supported by any evidence and runs contrary to the facts.
    Sorry, but it's your narrative that is contrary to the facts. Here are the details you seem not to be aware of. I suggest you read it all.

    Marc Thiessen Was Right About the "Library Tower Plot ...

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/.../ma...n_was_ri...The Weekly Standard


    Sep 8, 2009

    In an op-ed for Sunday's New York Times, former FBI special agent Ali Soufan wrote:

    Supporters of the enhanced interrogation techniques have jumped from claim to claim about their usefulness. They have asserted, for example, that harsh treatment led Mr. Mohammed to reveal the plot to attack the Library Tower in Los Angeles. But that plot was thwarted in 2002, and Mr. Mohammed was not arrested until 2003.
    This is not accurate. Soufan, who is a well-known critic of the CIA's so-called "enhanced" interrogation techniques, is simply repeating an ill-informed critique that has been made elsewhere.
    Earlier this year, in two pieces for Slate, Timothy Noah took former Bush speechwriter Marc Thiessen to task for claiming that the "enhanced" interrogation of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed led to a plot against the "Library Tower" (now known as the U.S. Bank Tower) being foiled. Noah argued that the Bush administration itself claimed this plot was thwarted in 2002, before Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was captured on March 1, 2003. Therefore, according to Noah, it is not possible that the same attack was averted in 2003, following the "enhanced" interrogations of KSM.
    Soufan repeats this argument in his op-ed. But with the release of portions of two formerly classified CIA analyses on August 24, we know that Noah and Soufan got it wrong. Marc Thiessen got it right. . . . .
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •