Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 451

Thread: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

  1. #91
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    You know it in the abstract.

    Be a tough guy and experience it for yourself, then you can be a real expert on it.

    Or, just be a Hannity chickenhawk.
    It is possible to believe that something is just and right and not need to experience it yourself. Do you support abortion?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #92
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Do you actually believe the nonsense you post?
    It's not nonsense. Notes from Rumsfeld on the afternoon of 9/11:

    Donald Rumsfeld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    On the afternoon of September 11, Rumsfeld issued rapid orders to his aides to look for evidence of possible Iraqi involvement in regard to what had just occurred, according to notes taken by senior policy official Stephen Cambone. "Best info fast. Judge whether good enough hit S.H." meaning Saddam Hussein "at same time. Not only" (Osama bin Laden), Cambone's notes quoted Rumsfeld as saying. "Need to move swiftly Near term target needs go massive sweep it all up. Things related and not."[57][58]

  3. #93
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I will let you wander around in confusion by yourself. I don't have any interest in going with you.
    Nice inability to answer because you have no answer.

    Typical.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #94
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Sorry, it's a rough world, sometimes you gotta do rough things and our torture is extremely, meant to give the impression that we're capable of so much more without causing any lasting damage or even any real physical harm.
    I'm sure you'll have this response for those who fear the government coming to take their guns? After all, it is a rough world and we can't have anyone threatening our security.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #95
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It is possible to believe that something is just and right and not need to experience it yourself. Do you support abortion?
    I think that if you are someone who is loudly and proudly for torture then they step up and walk the talk.

    Several journalists did the waterboarding, changed their opinions. Hannity....as usual, all talk and no balls.

    I'm never gonna have an abortion...not my call, and not gonna let you thread drift.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #96
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Not everyone was a bed wetter then. I am pretty sure we have really tortured people in past wars. These days we just disorient them, make them uncomfortable, and ask them politely to cooperate.
    John McCain is a bed wetter??? I bet he has no idea what torture is either.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Meh, I thought liberals rejected the notion of "American exceptionalism" as a myth born of arrogance anyway and that we're no better, and in fact worse, than any other nation out there.

    If that's all true, anyway, we might as well get some intel.
    Liberals reject the notion that the USA is better because "God blessed us with his bounty." Liberals used to think that the USA was better than almost every other country because of our respect for the value of freedom, justice and human rights for all people.

  8. #98
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    It's not nonsense. Notes from Rumsfeld on the afternoon of 9/11:

    Donald Rumsfeld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And your point?

    You are aware that Iraq was, at the time, threatening the US and was objecting to the US enforcing the no-fly zone over Iraqi airspace. Do you know what intelligence the US and Rumsfeld had as it relates to Iraq from the late 90's and early 2000's?

    Your suggestion that Bush and Rumsfeld were looking for an excuse to invade Iraq would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. I'm not a religious man, but I thank whatever god is out there for keeping people with your views far from the White House.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The difference between your body literally feeling like it's going to die and feeling uncomfortable is pretty large. I can't really believe you don't understand that.
    I understand it just fine. It works. It is effective.

    I can't really believe you don't understand that.

  10. #100
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: John McCain CIA Torture Report Senate Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yet another strawman argument of what liberals actually believe. You honestly think that liberals believe the U.S. is not better, and in fact worse, than, say, Uganda or Iran?
    Well, I don't think you can speak to what every liberal thinks/believes (and neither can I so I totally should have qualified that post). I think most liberals who constantly criticize the US mean well, but, at the same time, you can't use this notion of American exceptionalism only when it's a convenient bludgeon.

Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •