Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Psalms 53:1

    1. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. …
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,950

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How do you know that?


    The Bible is a book written by bronze aged men, with immorality filling the pages. That book should in no way be a guide to any moral values. It is the antithesis of morality.
    I know it through validated prophecy, the ongoing works of the Holy Spirit of which I have definitive proof in my own life and seen in the lives of others and the fact that God, as an absolute being, does not lie about His word or allow for other things contradictory to what he says as being true. Humans can reject that as much as they want or go down kicking and screaming claiming the contrary, but it doesn't make the truth any less true and the truth isn't based on their flawed methods of thinking or personal selfishness in forming an ideology comfortable for and not based on truth.

    The Bible is a compilation of works written by men as inspired and dictated by God's Holy Spirit. It's not simply the writing of bronze aged men, it's the words of God as given to those men and inspired by God's spirit. They are God's truths that he has given down to us through them and sometimes by himself where he directly commands people who copied as he has said (like with the 10 commandments or the words of Jesus, God himself). The antithesis of morality is the human sinful nature that naturally rejects or attacks God's truth.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #53
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    You've GOT to be joking. On this forum it is generally LIBERALS who have supported Putin's Nationalism and expansionism. Most conservatives have suggested instead kicking Putin's ass.
    In what alternate universe is this even remotely true?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    You're completely missing the point. My claim isn't based on studies (that no one has really conducted) looking at religious vs. non-religious families and upbringing. My claim is based on the Bible which is the word of God.
    And your claim, based on the bible, is demonstrably false. Can you show otherwise? I'll wait.

    Just stop, I'm not going to respond again to your ignorant claims that I somehow support or have said that homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to adopt or raise kids. For the 3rd or 4th time (I've lost count) I'll restate that with the above sentence, and that's the last time. If you want to continue pushing that I'm somehow advocating that gays, lesbians, secular or any other type of family unit shouldn't raise kids then you're just misrepresenting my view because it's convenient for you to do so with petty attacks.
    digsbe, I'll give you one chance to show where I've claimed you said anything about adoption or the right of gays to raise kids. I'll wait until you realize you came up with that strawman argument all on your own.

    Nah, it's not a lie and it's what the word of God says.
    It's a lie if it can be demonstrated to be false and you continue to repeat it.

    You're the one that made the initial claim that there is no "pro-life" position, I merely refuted your illogical way of misrepresenting an issue to fit your ideology. I disappear from threads usually because I get busy or because people that refuse to debate rationally and just continue on with their arrogant misrepresentations aren't worth dealing with anymore :shurg: But let's not make things personal.
    There isn't a pro-life position, because a person can be personally against the use of abortion in pregnancies and still recognize that their personal beliefs don't have to affect women's reproductive rights. The fact that "pro-life" can also mean save a child no matter the cost to the mother also indicates there is no such as pro-life. There are only pro-choice and anti-choice.

    Right now abortion is a reproductive right, just like slave ownership was a right before the lives of slaves were recognized. The law doesn't dictate right and wrong and it doesn't make the pro-life argument illegitimate anymore than the anti-slavery argument was legitimate during times when slavery was legal. Heck, if law determines right and wrong then one can concede to the logical fallacy that up until court decision on gay marriage that gays simply didn't have the right to wed because the law didn't recognize it (and in some states still doesn't). Humans make errors, rights can be given in error and in some cases throughout history humanity needed to correct itself just like with the reversal of slavery or the denial of gays to wed and in the case of wrongfully allowing people to kill the unborn for elective, non-medically necessary reasons because the law doesn't value that life. You can continue to make accusations of straw mans, bash faith, ignore the concept of spiritual truth or just discuss me as a person or poster but if that's where the debate is headed I'm just going to stop. I've said my peace already.
    Oh good grief, you're pulling out all of your greatest hits aren't you? Comparing slave ownership to reproductive rights is nonsense because slave ownership was supported by force and reproductive rights are not. Nobody is forced to get an abortion or have a child. What is being advocated is that people have the right to decide in accordance to their convictions and religious beliefs. Please get back to me when you've got any evidence that christian heterosexual households are better than gay households? Oh wait... you've got a bible... I've got... facts.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I know it through validated prophecy, the ongoing works of the Holy Spirit of which I have definitive proof in my own life and seen in the lives of others and the fact that God, as an absolute being, does not lie about His word or allow for other things contradictory to what he says as being true. Humans can reject that as much as they want or go down kicking and screaming claiming the contrary, but it doesn't make the truth any less true and the truth isn't based on their flawed methods of thinking or personal selfishness in forming an ideology comfortable for and not based on truth.

    The Bible is a compilation of works written by men as inspired and dictated by God's Holy Spirit. It's not simply the writing of bronze aged men, it's the words of God as given to those men and inspired by God's spirit. They are God's truths that he has given down to us through them and sometimes by himself where he directly commands people who copied as he has said (like with the 10 commandments or the words of Jesus, God himself). The antithesis of morality is the human sinful nature that naturally rejects or attacks God's truth.
    So you have no proof; all you have is faith and what you were taught. I'm sorry, but faith is the enemy.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #56
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I know it through validated prophecy, the ongoing works of the Holy Spirit of which I have definitive proof in my own life and seen in the lives of others and the fact that God, as an absolute being, does not lie about His word or allow for other things contradictory to what he says as being true. Humans can reject that as much as they want or go down kicking and screaming claiming the contrary, but it doesn't make the truth any less true and the truth isn't based on their flawed methods of thinking or personal selfishness in forming an ideology comfortable for and not based on truth.

    The Bible is a compilation of works written by men as inspired and dictated by God's Holy Spirit. It's not simply the writing of bronze aged men, it's the words of God as given to those men and inspired by God's spirit. They are God's truths that he has given down to us through them and sometimes by himself where he directly commands people who copied as he has said (like with the 10 commandments or the words of Jesus, God himself). The antithesis of morality is the human sinful nature that naturally rejects or attacks God's truth.
    No, it's not. See, that was easy.

    No offense, but this is why arguing with the devout is impossible. That book is "the truth," period, end of discussion.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So you have no proof; all you have is faith and what you were taught. I'm sorry, but faith is the enemy.
    No, faith as an excuse to justify claims which have been demonstrated to be false time and time again is the enemy. Faith on its own and for the purpose of promoting a good cause can actually serve great purposes. Saying that your faith taught you heterosexual homes are the best kinds of homes, when there is evidence that shows no difference between gay and straight homes, that is the enemy.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No, it's not. See, that was easy.

    No offense, but this is why arguing with the devout is impossible. That book is "the truth," period, end of discussion.
    The Bible does have some good in it. However, the immorality in it, the anti-gay stuff, the anti-women stuff, the pro-slavery stance, etc, just condemns the book as something that should be ignored by modern societies.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #59
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The Bible does have some good in it. However, the immorality in it, the anti-gay stuff, the anti-women stuff, the pro-slavery stance, etc, just condemns the book as something that should be ignored by modern societies.
    Sure, the love-thy-neighbor stuff is nice (would be even better if more of our alleged Christians actually practiced it), but for the most part it's Bronze Age superstition being passed off as the incontrovertible word of some magical sky being who will condemn you to eternal suffering if you don't sufficiently worship him or if you go against his often contradictory orders ... but he loves you.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    09-26-15 @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,143

    Re: Emails Show “Pro-Family” Activists Feeding Contacts To Russian Nationalists

    I'm very conservative in the terms of economics, and retaining the constitution. That being said you have to understand Putin is being bullied by the west and being provoked into a new Cold War.

    US, NATO, CIA supporting nazis in Ukraine project - News - Politics - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

    George Soros admits to funding the Ukraine crisis

    Now Putin isn't the best leader or even someone I as a conservative admire, I think his policies are less libertarian then what I like, then again I don't know too much about his policies. However, I do know that we as the west are bullying Putin and we should be more concerned with ourselves then financing an overthrow of Ukraine to create a bigger e.u. In order to rectify sanctions of a sovereign nation with nuclear capabilities

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •