Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 391

Thread: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    This doesn't look good for the NYPD huh? What do you think about this guy who took the video of Garner? Is he telling stories or the truth?



    Ramsey Orta, the man who filmed New York City Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo applying a fatal chokehold to Eric Garner on July 17, was indicted by a grand jury in Staten Island, New York.



    According to the Staten Island Advance, Orta was indicted on weapons charges after an arrest on Aug. 2 in the St. George neighborhood of Staten Island. "They lying on me, they doing me wrong," said Orta after he pleaded not guilty in August, noted the New York Daily News. "I've been harassed by the police since this whole video." Orta's mother told CBS New York that police had been following her son ever since he filmed Garner's death (video below).....snip~

    Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video)

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Don't cross that blue line.

  3. #3
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Listening to him talk on his video, I get the impression that he isn't the biggest fan of the cops in the first place. I would wager if you asked him before the video if cops ever "harassed" him, the answer would still be yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This doesn't look good for the NYPD huh? What do you think about this guy who took the video of Garner? Is he telling stories or the truth?



    Ramsey Orta, the man who filmed New York City Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo applying a fatal chokehold to Eric Garner on July 17, was indicted by a grand jury in Staten Island, New York.



    According to the Staten Island Advance, Orta was indicted on weapons charges after an arrest on Aug. 2 in the St. George neighborhood of Staten Island. "They lying on me, they doing me wrong," said Orta after he pleaded not guilty in August, noted the New York Daily News. "I've been harassed by the police since this whole video." Orta's mother told CBS New York that police had been following her son ever since he filmed Garner's death (video below).....snip~

    Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video)
    Hail to the King baby!

  4. #4
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,087

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This doesn't look good for the NYPD huh? What do you think about this guy who took the video of Garner? Is he telling stories or the truth?
    Apparently, he's not the only one. His wife also got arrested for allegedly slapping somebody at a grocery store....
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Gotta love New York. I'm sure selling cigarettes there would be a capital offense. I think this is a good example of the pitfalls of a nanny state, a way over reaction to something so minor as selling smokes.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Listening to him talk on his video, I get the impression that he isn't the biggest fan of the cops in the first place. I would wager if you asked him before the video if cops ever "harassed" him, the answer would still be yes.
    Heya CM. Yeah he don't strike me as the type that he would listen to his teachers either. Which if the youth of America has no civility with Teachers and the Police, or respect.....then where does that lead with our future. As then it will be the same for any Authority figures.

    Although, he does have his mother reporting to a separate news source. Which I wouldn't doubt the NYPD is keeping a watch on him.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    The system up there is just ****ed up.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #8
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,266

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This doesn't look good for the NYPD huh?
    What do you think about this guy who took the video of Garner? Is he telling stories or the truth?


    Ramsey Orta, the man who filmed New York City Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo applying a fatal chokehold to Eric Garner on July 17, was indicted by a grand jury in Staten Island, New York.



    According to the Staten Island Advance, Orta was indicted on weapons charges after an arrest on Aug. 2 in the St. George neighborhood of Staten Island. "They lying on me, they doing me wrong," said Orta after he pleaded not guilty in August, noted the New York Daily News. "I've been harassed by the police since this whole video." Orta's mother told CBS New York that police had been following her son ever since he filmed Garner's death (video below).....snip~

    Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video)
    I don't know. There's no doubt the police were following him. This is really starting to smell foul in any case. I still don't understand why there wasn't an indictment in the death of Garner. It would be interesting to hear the instructions given to the Grand Jury. And now there's this. The fire arms charge puts this Orta in jail for a few years. Why were the police following him? It doesn't look good, but maybe there's a perfectly valid explanation. I'd like to hear it.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,087

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I don't know. There's no doubt the police were following him. This is really starting to smell foul in any case. I still don't understand why there wasn't an indictment in the death of Garner. It would be interesting to hear the instructions given to the Grand Jury. And now there's this. The fire arms charge puts this Orta in jail for a few years. Why were the police following him? It doesn't look good, but maybe there's a perfectly valid explanation. I'd like to hear it.
    His wife is getting it too. She got arrested for allegedly slapping somebody at a grocery store... People who make the NYPD look bad don't last long.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #10
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    This guy is an idiot.

    NYPD chokehold videographer: cops

    He has priors involving weapons, was in a known drug area, and had a weapon on him which he then gave to a minor in hopes that the cops wouldn't find it on him. If he thought the cops were following him and harassing him and he still had a gun on him, then I feel no pity for him.


    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I don't know. There's no doubt the police were following him. This is really starting to smell foul in any case. I still don't understand why there wasn't an indictment in the death of Garner. It would be interesting to hear the instructions given to the Grand Jury. And now there's this. The fire arms charge puts this Orta in jail for a few years. Why were the police following him? It doesn't look good, but maybe there's a perfectly valid explanation. I'd like to hear it.
    Hail to the King baby!

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •