Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 391

Thread: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

  1. #291
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    ........yet. the heart attack kinda hindered that process.
    Why wasnt he givin medical treatment immediately? Esp if it was never proven he commited a crime in this instance and he was never officially arrested?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #292
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Funny how I don't think that simple crimes should result in death or excuse any amount of force used against the individual. Oh wait....restricted and restrained government force was one of the founding principles of the Republic.

    They never even had proof that's what he was doing on that day, never informed him he was under arrest. There were lots of suspect things in this case and with incidents of death by cop on the rise, it's reasonable to demand restraint and proper threat assessment.
    Simple crimes shouldnt result in death and wouldnt if the perpetrator of said crime didnt have a heart attack.

  3. #293
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Why wasnt he givin medical treatment immediately? Esp if it was never proven he commited a crime in this instance and he was never officially arrested?
    A legit question...take THAT question up with EMTs. Now MAYBE the fact that his heart was still beating and he was still breathing had something to do with it. He didnt go into full arrest til a full hour later. Its not like they can give CPR in that situation. But it IS a legit question.

  4. #294
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    I most certainly did not. Your painting yet another straw man.

    Sorry you had very similar avatars.
    I dont think that you understand exactly what the strawman fallacy is.

    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Hilarious propaganda. You have never talked to a off duty pig, or you are a pig....

    Those that support pigs are authoritarian scumbags who also want to inflict their will and morality on everybody else.
    In post #263 (a response to your post above)

    I noted that you generalize all law enforcement as 'pigs'. Since law enforcement are human you have attacked a great deal of people by making such a broad insult.
    And clearly you said so. At the same time while you are throwing this insult out you are asserting that anyone who doesnt believe that law enforcement are pigs are insulted as well.
    You also accused law enforcement and everyone that supports law enforcement of supporting a authoritarian government. Authoritarian governments are also called dictatorships. being pissed that I used a descriptive word that you did not use to describe the same exact things is silly.

    Pointing at cops and calling them ALL "pigs" and that they work only for the rich and powerful, while ignoring that cops are actually just normal people is by every definition propaganda.
    Law enforcement are not at all what you have described them to be. ANd that is what I pointed out, there wasnt any strawman fallacy in my post. And seriously alling people names and lying is a poor argument and was why I felt it necessary to point out that your argument failed.

    ANd be real no one has a Avatar like mine. lol


  5. #295
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    So they were trying to arrest him. Even though there is no crime charged in this instance. And he was never officially arrested.... that makes no sense.
    Getting arrested isnt the same as being charged with a crime. You get arrested first then later the prosecutor charges the suspect with a crime. Unless of course there was a arrest warrant in the first place. For example I was arrested once because the cop suspected that I was involved in a crime. No charges though were ever filed against me.

    The reason that the cops were talking to this guy is because it was reported that he was selling cigarettes. The officers had every right to arrest the man. But the man refused to comply, repeatedly in the video. The cops warned him also repeatedly to comply yet he still refused and only became further agitated.

    But you should lay blame where it should laid. EMTs and paramedics who responded to Eric Garner have been suspended without pay by hospital | SILive.com

    "The decision was made after video surfaced showing one of the responding EMTs - identified in the New York Post as Nicole Palmeri - taking Garner's pulse but apparently doing little else for about two minutes before Garner is hoisted onto a stretcher."

  6. #296
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,042

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    He's authorized by the 2nd amendment.
    authorized for what, the weapons violation or the filming?

  7. #297
    Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,401

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I dont think that you understand exactly what the strawman fallacy is.



    In post #263 (a response to your post above)

    I noted that you generalize all law enforcement as 'pigs'. Since law enforcement are human you have attacked a great deal of people by making such a broad insult.
    And clearly you said so. At the same time while you are throwing this insult out you are asserting that anyone who doesnt believe that law enforcement are pigs are insulted as well.
    You also accused law enforcement and everyone that supports law enforcement of supporting a authoritarian government. Authoritarian governments are also called dictatorships. being pissed that I used a descriptive word that you did not use to describe the same exact things is silly.

    Pointing at cops and calling them ALL "pigs" and that they work only for the rich and powerful, while ignoring that cops are actually just normal people is by every definition propaganda.
    Law enforcement are not at all what you have described them to be. ANd that is what I pointed out, there wasnt any strawman fallacy in my post. And seriously alling people names and lying is a poor argument and was why I felt it necessary to point out that your argument failed.

    ANd be real no one has a Avatar like mine. lol

    I understand what a straw man is fine. Your denial of making multiple ones is irrelevant. You set up multiple sham arguments in your statement, thus making them "straw men"

    Its not a insult, its a apt name. They are not cop. They do not act like cops. They act like pigs, they enforce unconstitutional laws, have the power to acquit themselves in court, they almost all abuse their power regularly, when they do they defend each other unjustly and with a religious fervent, and the fop endorses this mentality and supports it. They think they are better then everybody else.

    Why would anyone who incorrectly believes this be insulted as well? I never asserted anything of the sort. I smell more straw.

    They do support a authoritarian government. America is a authoritarian government. Up until the civil rights movement it was racial authoritarianism, (and to some extent still is) it was and is corporatist authoritarian as well.

    No dictatorships are totalitarian governments. Totalitarianism is a form of authoritarianism, but authoritarianism is a broad word that encompasses multiple things.

    I have no idea why you think I'm pissed for you using a descriptive word. More straw?

    No its not its fact. They protect unjust earnings of the rich, and oppress the working and lower classes, the rich have the money to buy their way out of legal situations, the poor do not, and are MUCH more likely to be victimized by police.

    Their were a plethora of strawmen in your argument, and you continue to make them now.

    I did not lie once. I don't know what "alling" is, but all pigs are at least complicit, and most are corrupt. They are complicit for being members or fop.

    My arguments fine, your is full of conjecture and shows your general ignorance of the topic nationwide.

    No it was another brightly colorful avatar that looked similar. It was months ago, forgive me if I don't memorize peoples avatars on here.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    "People who believe police officers are mean, vengeful, angry, bitter racists, are seeing a reflection of themselves.

    Those who see them as helpful, positive, respectful, and protecting are also seeing their own reflection."
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Hilarious propaganda. You have never talked to a off duty pig, or you are a pig....

    Those that support pigs are authoritarian scumbags who also want to inflict their will and morality on everybody else.
    You do realize, don't you that you are a extraordinarily hateful person, don't you? I cannot take you seriously. You are a parody of yourself.

  9. #299
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by twixie1 View Post
    I don't see how ''a fat ass'' or being choked to death have any comparison..
    One of them has actual relative bearing on his death (cardiac arrest brought on by physical exertion and morbid obesity) and the other did not.

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Maybe the pigs were pets

    "Obviously what isn't a local issue?"
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dubz View Post
    Pigs attacking people for no reason or greatly abusing their power and KILLING people for very minor infractions, or no reason at all.
    Even if true how would that make it something beyond a local issue? Where are all those pigs coming from? I wonder how close the nearest pig farm is from where Garner died. I wonder how those pigs got there? It had to have been a long walk.

    Maybe they were pets:


Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •