Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 391

Thread: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

  1. #151
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Some liberals, like myself, believe cigarettes should remain legal. However, taxation and regulation may be justified. Therefore, in the case of selling cigarettes illegally, a fine is sufficient... not a chokehold.
    The chokehold had nothing to do with him selling cigarettes, it was due to him resisting arrest. Is the left still using that busted canard? Hey, liberals, got news for you, it was your guy who put these cig policies and laws into place. Don't like em, change em. In the meantime, the police will be doing their jobs.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,903

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The chokehold had nothing to do with him selling cigarettes, it was due to him resisting arrest.
    I do not believe the selling of cigarettes should be grounds for arrest.


    Hey, liberals, got news for you, it was your guy who put these cig policies and laws into place.
    They aren't "my guys."
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  3. #153
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    I do not believe the selling of cigarettes should be grounds for arrest.




    They aren't "my guys."
    Well then, you don't believe in it, oh we should do a national press conference letting every officer in the nation know they should no longer use the laws on the books, but instead consult you to see what you believe in. Hell of a standard. And if you're a liberal, they're your guys.

  4. #154
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Hyperbole is not a great way to support your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    WE should make more laws, and create more criminals, get them all off the street, wont that be grand!
    Hail to the King baby!

  5. #155
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Hyperbole is not a great way to support your argument.

    So then define "criminal". felonious, or misdemeanor?

    what garners a criminal in your mind.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #156
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    I don't have a particularly unique definition of criminal outside of the standard law enforcement definition.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So then define "criminal". felonious, or misdemeanor?

    what garners a criminal in your mind.
    Hail to the King baby!

  7. #157
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I don't have a particularly unique definition of criminal outside of the standard law enforcement definition.


    crim·i·nal (krm-nl)
    adj.
    1. Of, involving, or having the nature of crime: criminal abuse.
    2. Relating to the administration of penal law.
    3.
    a. Guilty of crime.
    b. Characteristic of a criminal.
    4. Shameful; disgraceful: a criminal waste of talent.





    so definition 2, indicates anyone who has committed a crime.


    Should non-violent drug offenders be "off the streets"?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #158
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Yes.

    I say that, but it is with a caveat. Everything just isn't black and white.


    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    crim·i·nal (krm-nl)
    adj.
    1. Of, involving, or having the nature of crime: criminal abuse.
    2. Relating to the administration of penal law.
    3.
    a. Guilty of crime.
    b. Characteristic of a criminal.
    4. Shameful; disgraceful: a criminal waste of talent.





    so definition 2, indicates anyone who has committed a crime.


    Should non-violent drug offenders be "off the streets"?
    Hail to the King baby!

  9. #159
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Yes.

    I say that, but it is with a caveat. Everything just isn't black and white.


    The prison for profit industry is pleased with your answer.





    In all seriousness, if there is a victimless crime, "off the streets" means our burden on the prison system and our taxes. Release all non violent drug offenders and decriminalize free choice.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #160
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Man Who Filmed Cop Choking Eric Garner Was Indicted (Video).....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The prison for profit industry is pleased with your answer.





    In all seriousness, if there is a victimless crime, "off the streets" means our burden on the prison system and our taxes. Release all non violent drug offenders and decriminalize free choice.
    That's peachy, but until you manage to pry the nanny staters away from their sin tax revenue it's still going to be against the law and subject to enforcement. And again you seem to need to be reminded, this wasn't Gardner's first rodeo, it was his 32cd. At one point, when you continue to violate the same law, jail time gets added to the fines.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •