Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 204

Thread: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

  1. #101
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The 'choking' did nothing. It was the physical exertion that taxed the heart and caused the cardiac arrest.
    Of course. He was running a marathon, not being overpowered by an overzealous police force. It can't be murder, he would have died eventually anyway!


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #102
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Bear in mind that these are the same people who shrieked about jackbooted tyranny during the whole Cliven Bundy fiasco.
    See, there's a correlation between the two. Bundy didn't want to pay certain taxes to graze his cattle on federal land, and a whole army of people protested by streaming to his ranch for an armed conflict with the government. The right cheers. Garner was circumventing cigarette taxes and protested that he couldn't breathe. The right frowns on that. It seems to me that they were both fighting the same battle, but only one was turned into a RW saint.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #103
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,888

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    See, there's a correlation between the two. Bundy didn't want to pay certain taxes to graze his cattle on federal land, and a whole army of people protested by streaming to his ranch for an armed conflict with the government. The right cheers. Garner was circumventing cigarette taxes and protested that he couldn't breathe. The right frowns on that. It seems to me that they were both fighting the same battle, but only one was turned into a RW saint.
    That deadbeat Garner somehow thought he had a right to oxygen. Just another entitlement in Obama's America.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    There's a lot of defense of the police. All of it by rightists. Who ironically love personal freedom and hate tyranny so much that they blindly support the government in two cases of the government killing a citizen. How is that "personal freedom?" Garner wasn't even afforded the freedom to breathe.

    Police abuses are the antithesis of personal freedom, and the vanguard of tyranny. And what we see from the "freedom lovers" is support of that.
    Garner was able to breathe enough to say he couldn't.

    I believe we saw two different things. I saw a very big man, not just fat but tall, resisting arrest. I saw police rapidly put him on the ground in order to arrest him. I did not see anything out of the ordinary. I heard the man, Garner, died of a heart attack, later. From his size and death I inferred that he had abused his body for decades. I would guess plenty of high fat foods, probably plenty of drink. I saw no evidence of a healthy lifestyle.

    You saw the government killing a citizen.

    Police have a great deal of interaction with citizens. Should police have a checklist to run through so they can determine if a suspect is healthy enough for resisting arrest?

    A grand jury, other citizens drawn at random, to hear the prosecutor's evidence, determined that there was insufficient evidence to bring criminal charges against anyone. I trust a grand jury drawn from the same court district, Garner's neighbors, to determine if the evidence was sufficient to bring charges. They didn't.

    Anytime the police are involved in a death it must be thoroughly investigated and the facts must be released.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Bear in mind that these are the same people who shrieked about jackbooted tyranny during the whole Cliven Bundy fiasco.
    And politics was at the root of both. Money. And politics.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course. He was running a marathon, not being overpowered by an overzealous police force. It can't be murder, he would have died eventually anyway!
    I understand your need for hyperbole. Garner committed crimes. Garner may have been committing one when confronted for selling cigarettes. Garner resisted arrest. Garner was a big guy. Garner was put on the ground. Garner got excited. Garner's heart raced and it broke.

    That is a hard break for Garner and probably hard on his family. It did not look like a crime was committed by the police. Either way that is something for the grand jury to decide. And they decided.

  7. #107
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Garner was able to breathe enough to say he couldn't.

    I believe we saw two different things. I saw a very big man, not just fat but tall, resisting arrest. I saw police rapidly put him on the ground in order to arrest him. I did not see anything out of the ordinary. I heard the man, Garner, died of a heart attack, later. From his size and death I inferred that he had abused his body for decades. I would guess plenty of high fat foods, probably plenty of drink. I saw no evidence of a healthy lifestyle.
    Everybody dies of something at some point. His unhealthy lifestyle does not mean that it was impossible to murder him. The fact that it didn't seem out of the ordinary is exactly the problem - there's nothing out of the ordinary anymore about police over stepping their bounds. Two years ago when my wife left, I threatened suicide. She called the cops and they sent two cars and threw me down to the ground to cuff me so I didn't hurt...myself. Overkill. I didn't break any laws and I was not arrested or charged with anything. I was not "resisting arrest" because I was not being arrested. Still sent two cop cars to take me down.

    You saw the government killing a citizen.
    They came at him with that amount of force to enforce a tax law. Geez, I guess nothing was happening in New York that day. No other crime to stop.

    Police have a great deal of interaction with citizens. Should police have a checklist to run through so they can determine if a suspect is healthy enough for resisting arrest?
    They really should be careful about how much force they use in general. If someone says they can't breathe, that should be a clue that maybe they lighten up just a tad.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    "I believe we saw two different things. I saw a very big man, not just fat but tall, resisting arrest."
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Everybody dies of something at some point. His unhealthy lifestyle does not mean that it was impossible to murder him.
    While we agree your point is not relevant.

    The fact that it didn't seem out of the ordinary is exactly the problem - there's nothing out of the ordinary anymore about police over stepping their bounds.
    We can disagree on this point. I have seen some videos that deeply sadden me. It nearly always begins with someone lingering right at the edge of trouble. I have also known some police officers and they were terrific people.

    Two years ago when my wife left, I threatened suicide.
    I am sorry to hear that. I do not know your circumstances but I am sure they are still painful for you. I hope you can heal quickly. There is still more life ahead.

    She called the cops and they sent two cars and threw me down to the ground to cuff me so I didn't hurt...myself. Overkill. I didn't break any laws and I was not arrested or charged with anything. I was not "resisting arrest" because I was not being arrested. Still sent two cop cars to take me down.
    Situations like yours are very dangerous for the police. I am not surprised they sent at least two and possibly as many as four people to bring you under control.

    They came at him with that amount of force to enforce a tax law. Geez, I guess nothing was happening in New York that day. No other crime to stop.
    From what another posted a second offense is a felony. The police do not write the laws in New York City. Very liberal, do-gooders do. I agree with you that tax laws have become another instrument of tyranny. They need to be adjusted down and made regular so the impetus to criminality is not increased.

    They really should be careful about how much force they use in general. If someone says they can't breathe, that should be a clue that maybe they lighten up just a tad.
    There was a police sergeant on the scene supervising the take-down. Had it been out of the ordinary she should have stopped it. I suspect once he began to say he couldn't breathe he was already on the verge of death. I heard it took another hour for him to die. He was on the ground for a few minutes.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 12-07-14 at 09:39 PM.

  9. #109
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Yeah, everyone took MLK seriously back in the day. That's why he was commonly called Martin Luther Coon prior to his death.

    Fact is, people use 'race baiter' and 'race hustler' as blanket terms to mitigate any black leader who talks about race, regardless of how measured their tone is.
    In your world black leaders can say and do anything they want with impunity.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #110
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,888

    Re: Critics Rip Rucker For Performing 'White Christmas' After Garner Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    In your world black leaders can say and do anything they want with impunity.
    Not sure where you got THAT from Amadeus' post, but okay.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •