Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 141

Thread: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Wait....you are not seriously trying to connect the Michael Brown case with Emmett Till, or insinuating that the rioters "remember" Emmett Till?
    Emmett Till was killed in 1955, almost 60 years ago. Anyone who would be old enough to remember Emmett Till would be in their 80s today. They are not the idiots who are looting and robbing, and in fact, I haven't seen anyone near that age in the protestors that we see on the news.

    Emmett Till was killed because he was a black teenager who didn't act according to the codes of society. He was hunted down and brutally murdered by 2 white men. The justice system totally failed him. There isn't a single correlation between Emmett Till's story and Michael Brown's story except that each dead teenager was black and the person/persons responsible for the death was white. And nobody looted and robbed anyone after Till's killers were acquitted.

    It is an incredible and ridiculous leap to attempt to connect those 2 cases in any way, not to mention it is disrespectful to the memory and friends and family of Till to compare him in any way to Brown's case.
    Yes ... yes I believe he was.
    There's a lot of that going around.
    Probably watches Sharpton's show.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut - on Anniversary of Locked-Door Fire Deaths | MRCTV

    Just wrong. I'm sorry, but even if you think the grand jury was wrong, it's unlikely that these people in Seattle were on that grand jury. They have nothing to do with it.
    And the cops were where?

  3. #23
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Wait....you are not seriously trying to connect the Michael Brown case with Emmett Till, or insinuating that the rioters "remember" Emmett Till? Emmett Till was killed in 1955, almost 60 years ago. Anyone who would be old enough to remember Emmett Till would be in their 80s today. They are not the idiots who are looting and robbing, and in fact, I haven't seen anyone near that age in the protestors that we see on the news.

    Emmett Till was killed because he was a black teenager who didn't act according to the codes of society. He was hunted down and brutally murdered by 2 white men. The justice system totally failed him. There isn't a single correlation between Emmett Till's story and Michael Brown's story except that each dead teenager was black and the person/persons responsible for the death was white. And nobody looted and robbed anyone after Till's killers were acquitted.

    It is an incredible and ridiculous leap to attempt to connect those 2 cases in any way, not to mention it is disrespectful to the memory and friends and family of Till to compare him in any way to Brown's case.
    Even as part of history it's scarcely remembered.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #24
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Even as part of history it's scarcely remembered.
    That's a conversation for a different thread. Emmett Till's story shouldn't even be uttered in the same breath as Michael Brown's story, and I can't believe anyone would even attempt to correlate them, or to imply that the rioters, looters and even the protestors today "remember" Emmett Till.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #25
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Perhaps these people feel that these protests are the only thing they have left to turn to since they believe that the justice system was rigged.
    No, it is Leftists getting more and more radical and violent.

    http://anarchistnews.org/content/occupy-ferguson

  6. #26
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Perhaps these people feel that these protests are the only thing they have left to turn to since they believe that the justice system was rigged.
    They might indeed feel that way... which I do not believe, but I digress... but if they do, they're wrong. They can become part of the process if they want to effect change bad enough.

    How many of them vote? I'd bet very few. Voting is the base level of active participation.

    They're also failing in another way: PR. If you think you're going to cause me to stop and consider your issue by making my life difficult, you are an idiot. No, all you're going to do is piss me off, and at that point I flat-out don't care what your issue is.

    My last point was more for discussion considerations, as I really don't think most of the "protesters" cared about anything other than causing trouble.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #27
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,146

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Perhaps these people feel that these protests are the only thing they have left to turn to since they believe that the justice system was rigged.
    Protests are fine. It's when you get into people getting hurt or potentially hurt that there's a problem.

    It wasn't that long ago that on my way to Target I drove through a protest against Israel's actions in Palestine. Nobody accosted me, and I didn't have to hit anybody with my car. No harm, no foul.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #28
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,660

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Perhaps these people feel that these protests are the only thing they have left to turn to since they believe that the justice system was rigged.
    Perhaps people that believe that three independent autopsies (including the one commissioned by Browns family and that support the officer and corroborate witnesses testimony regarding the incident AS WELL AS prove that the people that claim Brown was assasinated, executed, shot with his hands up, and other assorted bull**** lies) was somehow unfair, arent all that interested in 'the justice system'.

  9. #29
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,261

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    That's a conversation for a different thread. Emmett Till's story shouldn't even be uttered in the same breath as Michael Brown's story, and I can't believe anyone would even attempt to correlate them, or to imply that the rioters, looters and even the protestors today "remember" Emmett Till.
    Remember? Hell, most of 'em couldn't even spell Emmett Till if their lives depended on it.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,267

    Re: Ferguson Protesters Chain Mall Exits Shut

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Remember? Hell, most of 'em couldn't even spell Emmett Till if their lives depended on it.
    Ah ... maybe so.
    But I say their recollection is quite good for slogans and gestures they've heard and seen recently.
    Yet I'd wager you couldn't find a handful who actually read the G.J. testimony.
    Why? Because it just doesn't matter to 'em.
    Nevertheless I haven't seen anyone ask any of them yet.

    One other thing ... you'd think normally a person would get pissed at anyone who's too obviously trying to play on their ignorance or predispositions.
    If they don't, it's because the excuse is welcome.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •