Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 236

Thread: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Finger

  1. #1
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Finger

    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11...inger-to-espn/

    The reason ESPN reporter Keith Law got suspended last week was stupid: He defended the theory of evolution on Twitter, kindly and calmly, to his co-worker, creationist Curt Schilling, and ESPN punished him for it. The reason he’s probably going to be suspended again? Sheer awesomeness.
    As “Addicting Info” reported earlier, Law stepped into what was an hours-long anti-evolution rant by Schilling on Twitter and managed to quickly make the former pitcher look like an idiot. Schilling was dead set on disproving evolution using a selection of creationism’s greatest hits. If humans evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? Where’s the missing link? Okay, but where’s the other missing links? You weren’t there!
    Law, who aside from reporting on baseball seems to know his stuff about science, was happy to clue Schilling in.



    Eppur si muove.
    -Galileo and Keith Law



    Epic!
    He dares to contradict an expensive talking head.
    Last edited by RogueWarrior; 11-29-14 at 12:37 PM.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    I didn't know that Curt Schilling is a creationist. I did, however, know that mainstream sports in America often display authoritarian and unconstitutional behavior.

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop" (Dr. Edwin Conklin, evolutionist and professor of biology at Princeton University).
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    Addicting Info – Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Finger To ESPN






    -Galileo and Keith Law



    Epic!
    He dares to contradict an expensive talking head.
    Mildly amusing to me is that it gets the details surrounding Galileo's trial a little wrong, but overall, that is kinda cool. Best Law tweet:

    Seriously, if someone says evolution is wrong because there arenít fossils between monkeys and men, find a monkey and hit him with it. ó keithlaw (@keithlaw)
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #5
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop" (Dr. Edwin Conklin, evolutionist and professor of biology at Princeton University).
    The penalty for believing Nonsense is you often just embarrass yourself because you don't understand, you just spout Dogma/Dogdoo/Voodoo.

    The above BS/Kweationist-Kwote-mining is dubious at best, almost certainly Bogus.

    Down in the Quote Mines - The Panda's Thumb

    "..Let us consider this so-called quote further. I find it is typically found presented pretty much as Lary has copied it (obviously not from an original source but from some anonymous text), " According to Princeton Biology Professor, Edwin Conklin, " The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a print shop."- Reader's Digest Jan.1963 pg.92.
    Some creationists use the year 1956-- Conklin still would have been Dead for at least four years.

    Even more creationists claim this was said by Albert Einstein, or just make the claim as if they thought it up themselves. We are forced to disregard this bit of propaganda due to its lack of honest reportage. Clearly Lary has never read the original text (if one exists), and has dogmatically reguritated creationists web sites, or books.

    What did Conklin really believe? Consider this, "Man in his entirety is regarded by science as the product of Evolution.
    His actual origin goes back NOT to Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden...but to more Primitive races of men, and then to Prehuman ancestors, and in the end to the Earliest forms of life upon the earth.
    Between us and these earliest forms there has been an Unbroken line of descent, an Uninterrupted stream of life, through all the ages."
    - Professor Edwin Conklin of Princeton in The Direction of Human Evolution, page 4.""

    That my friends, is the penalty for willful IGNORANCE.
    (include in that penalty, for the FOUR posters that gave you a 'like' for it.)
    NONE of you even have a basic understanding of science and worse, Can't google.
    /Disdain
    Last edited by mbig; 11-29-14 at 05:20 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #6
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Kurt Schilling acting like an idiot? Imagine that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #7
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The penalty for believing Nonsense is you often just embarrass yourself because you don't understand, you just spout Dogma/Dogdoo/Voodoo.

    The above BS/Kweationist-Kwote-mining is dubious at best, almost certainly Bogus.

    Down in the Quote Mines - The Panda's Thumb

    "..Let us consider this so-called quote further. I find it is typically found presented pretty much as Lary has copied it (obviously not from an original source but from some anonymous text), " According to Princeton Biology Professor, Edwin Conklin, " The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a print shop."- Reader's Digest Jan.1963 pg.92.
    Some creationists use the year 1956-- Conklin still would have been Dead for at least four years.

    Even more creationists claim this was said by Albert Einstein, or just make the claim as if they thought it up themselves. We are forced to disregard this bit of propaganda due to its lack of honest reportage. Clearly Lary has never read the original text (if one exists), and has dogmatically reguritated creationists web sites, or books.

    What did Conklin really believe? Consider this, "Man in his entirety is regarded by science as the product of Evolution.
    His actual origin goes back NOT to Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden...but to more Primitive races of men, and then to Prehuman ancestors, and in the end to the Earliest forms of life upon the earth.
    Between us and these earliest forms there has been an Unbroken line of descent, an Uninterrupted stream of life, through all the ages."
    - Professor Edwin Conklin of Princeton in The Direction of Human Evolution, page 4.""

    That my friends, is the penalty for willful IGNORANCE.
    (include in that penalty, for the FOUR posters that gave you a 'like' for it.)
    NONE of you even have a basic understanding of science and worse, Can't google.
    Yeah four likes. It's the weekend, the best times for likes is Monday and Tuesday evening so, y'know, maybe it'll pick up.

    Other than that, you say that quote is almost certainly Bogus (with "bogus capitalized for some unknown reason, lol). Relax, there's nothing in that quote that suggests that he believed in Adam and Eve, I'm sure he didn't. Actually, nothing you posted is inconsistent with it.

    /Disdain
    I always preferred *derisive snort*.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #8
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop" (Dr. Edwin Conklin, evolutionist and professor of biology at Princeton University).
    Why come into a thread about Schilling being a moron on Twitter, and post an out of context quote from an Evolutionary Biologist?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Why come into a thread about Schilling being a moron on Twitter, and post an out of context quote from an Evolutionary Biologist?
    I don't agree with the one guy being suspended but what, exactly, made Schilling a moron for expressing his views on Twitter (other than that you disagree with him)?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  10. #10
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't agree with the one guy being suspended but what, exactly, made Schilling a moron for expressing his views on Twitter (other than that you disagree with him)?
    Well, yeah, expressing views that ask questions that have long since been answered. He asked why there are still monkeys... that's a stupid question. He should read about evolution before he opens his damn mouth on the subject.s
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •