Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 236

Thread: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Finger

  1. #41
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Enough with the victim complex, seriously. He said nothing of the sort.

    Either start discussing what people actually say or just go outside and shout at the wind, because that's what you're doing in this thread. You're having some other conversation nobody else here is part of.
    I know he didn't say it, I was just wondering if he'd agree with someone who did. I'd be surprised if he did. What do you care any way? I believe in a creator and I have "regurgitated" arguments in favor of my beliefs and we all know what you think of people who believe as I do.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #42
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Anyone who believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died for our sins and that we are saved through our faith/belief in Him is a Christian.

    It's funny how the people most hostile and enraged by religion seem to think they're the authority on what someone's "true beliefs" should be.
    Will you come into the same-sex marriage threads and explain this to people? Because apparently you can't be a REAL CHRISTIAN and support same-sex marriage being legal in the United States.

    Literal Young Earth Creationism, as OC puts it, does require stupidity, ignorance, or both. (and I stress that ignorance and stupidity aren't the same thing. some people believe in YEC because they were raised that way and just haven't really been exposed to the reality of the situation)
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #43
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I know he didn't say it, I was just wondering if he'd agree with someone who did. I'd be surprised if he did. What do you care any way? I believe in a creator and I have "regurgitated" arguments in favor of my beliefs and we all know what you think of people who believe as I do.
    Keep in mind that the criticisms here are aimed at Young Earth Creationism in particular, as well as what I refer to as "anti-evolution" crowd. People who, for whatever reason, feel threatened by evolution and try to attack it. Evolution, The Big Bang, etc, are not at all contradictory with belief in a creator.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #44
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Will you come into the same-sex marriage threads and explain this to people? Because apparently you can't be a REAL CHRISTIAN and support same-sex marriage being legal in the United States.
    I absolutely would. Shoot, they'd be saying that about me. Show me where that's being said.

    Literal Young Earth Creationism, as OC puts it, does require stupidity, ignorance, or both. (and I stress that ignorance and stupidity aren't the same thing. some people believe in YEC because they were raised that way and just haven't really been exposed to the reality of the situation)
    With God, all things are possible. Now, tell me how stupid/ignorant you think I am for believing that.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Keep in mind that the criticisms here are aimed at Young Earth Creationism in particular, as well as what I refer to as "anti-evolution" crowd. People who, for whatever reason, feel threatened by evolution and try to attack it. Evolution, The Big Bang, etc, are not at all contradictory with belief in a creator.
    Not that I don't appreciate all the simpering back pedaling, but why don't you tell all that to the "anti-creation" crowd too. You're being incredibly dishonest if you're claiming that none of your biggest pro evolution militants here are absolutely hostile to belief in a creator and also feel threatened by the thought and try to attack it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #46
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I absolutely would. Shoot, they'd be saying that about me. Show me where that's being said.



    With God, all things are possible. Now, tell me how stupid/ignorant you think I am for believing that.
    All things are possible with an omnipotent creator.

    However, said creator, if he exists, created the earth more than 6000 years ago and this is readily provable. But hey, kudos for yet again trying to inflate this discussion beyond what has been said.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #47
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Not that I don't appreciate all the simpering back pedaling, but why don't you tell all that to the "anti-creation" crowd too. You're being incredibly dishonest if you're claiming that none of your biggest pro evolution militants here are absolutely hostile to belief in a creator and also feel threatened by the thought and try to attack it.
    Oh look, more ****ing straw man attacks. Say, X Factor, why don't you go ahead and quote where I said that? Or anything else you've claimed I've said. Are you going for the world record "Most Dishonest Posts Per Thread?" Because it's a good run!

    Can't help but notice there wasn't any actual response to the substance. You didn't even acknowledge the fact that this is discussing YEC in particular. Why not?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #48
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh look, more ****ing straw man attacks. Say, X Factor, why don't you go ahead and quote where I said that?
    So you gonna call that out as well? You didn't answer that.

    Or anything else you've claimed I've said. Are you going for the world record "Most Dishonest Posts Per Thread?" Because it's a good run!

    Can't help but notice there wasn't any actual response to the substance. You didn't even acknowledge the fact that this is discussing YEC in particular. Why not?
    Look, according to Genesis, God created Adam from dust and Eve from Adam's rib. You'd find anyone who believed that stupid/ignorant, right? I really just want you to say what you want to say. Just let the words fall out. Honestly, I want to see you be brave.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #49
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So you gonna call that out as well? You didn't answer that.



    Look, according to Genesis, God created Adam from dust and Eve from Adam's rib. You'd find anyone who believed that stupid/ignorant, right? I really just want you to say what you want to say. Just let the words fall out. Honestly, I want to see you be brave.
    People who read Genesis literally and conclude the Earth must be 6000 years old or so are ignorant and/or dumb, yes. Because the Earth is more than 6000 years old, and human development occurred differently than "poof."

    God can do anything. But what he did is something we can measure, to some degree.
    Last edited by Deuce; 12-02-14 at 01:13 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #50
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You think the question of evolution/creation is settled? Lol.
    Among the scientifically illiterate, no it isn't settled. However, in science, yes it certainly is. Evolution is one of the 2 foundational laws of all of biology.

    The 2 fundimental laws of Biology are:

    1. All of the phenomena of biology, the entities and the processes, are ultimately obedient to the laws of physics and chemistry. Not immediately reducible to them, but ultimately consistent and in consilience with them, by a cause and effect explanation.

    2. All biological phenomena, these entities and processes that define life itself, have arisen by evolution through natural selection.

    Basically this means that there is nothing magical about you, no supernatural explanation for how we came into existence or how the earth came to be a planet that teams with an amazing diversity of life.

    Does all of this mean that there could not be some supernatural entity that created the universe? No, it doesn't. It just means that there is not one shred of evidence for such a creator. Thus the question of whether there is a God / Creator or not is a question for religion, not science. Science only deals with the natural world. If you attempt to inject anything supernatural into science, then its no longer science.

    Thanks for demonstrating the wisdom of this quote (since I know how much you like quotes).
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ---William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Unfortunately, no one is shocked at the notion that in the 21st century there are still a decent number of people out there that are so ignorant of the life sciences to honestly believe that creation is an alternative theory to evolution.
    Last edited by SouthernDemocrat; 12-02-14 at 01:18 AM.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •