Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 236

Thread: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Finger

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Well, yeah, expressing views that ask questions that have long since been answered. He asked why there are still monkeys... that's a stupid question. He should read about evolution before he opens his damn mouth on the subject.s
    You think the question of evolution/creation is settled? Lol.

    Thanks for demonstrating the wisdom of this quote (since I know how much you like quotes).

    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ---William F. Buckley, Jr.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #12
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You think the question of evolution/creation is settled? Lol.

    Thanks for demonstrating the wisdom of this quote (since I know how much you like quotes).

    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ---William F. Buckley, Jr.
    I, personally, think it is. Yes. But even if it's not, asking why we could evolve from apes but there are still monkeys is a dumb question. You either:

    a) Are ignorant
    b) Trolling
    c) Stupid

    If there is a debate on evolution, it's at a much more technical level than that. It's the same with climate change and idiots that say things like, "it's cold here" and "the Earth is always going through cycles". Read a book or something before you come to the party.

    amiright?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I, personally, think it is. Yes. But even if it's not, asking why we could evolve from apes but there are still monkeys is a dumb question. You either:

    a) Are ignorant
    b) Trolling
    c) Stupid

    If there is a debate on evolution, it's at a much more technical level than that. It's the same with climate change and idiots that say things like, "it's cold here" and "the Earth is always going through cycles". Read a book or something before you come to the party.

    amiright?
    My favorite is, "I do believe in climate change. They're called 'seasons'". Lol.

    I do think that, in a discussion about, global warming, the fact that there hasn't been any warming in what? 17 or so years is relevant. I do understand though that some of you do tend to just dismiss facts not convenient to your arguments and it's all good. I'm just an AGW atheist. Respect my non belief.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop" (Dr. Edwin Conklin, evolutionist and professor of biology at Princeton University).
    ... Quoting people who lived nearly 70 years ago doesn't make you look educated on this subject. First of all, no such as "evolutionists". Evolutionists doesn't exist anymore than pro-life exists. Both terms are redundant and anachronistic. Second of all, he was a zoologist and biologist who published his last work 70+ years ago. It wasn't rare to find biologists who also happened to be creationists back then. And hey... here we are:

    Society for Developmental Biology | Edwin G. Conklin Medal

    Conklin was born in Waldo, Ohio and educated in rural schools and at Ohio Wesleyan University. He was raised in a deeply religious background, considered entering the ministry, and was ordained as a lay preacher. However, Conklin's burning interest was in biology, and he decided to enter the graduate school at Johns Hopkins University.
    Deeply religious individual passed off as an evolutionist? Really?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-30-14 at 02:27 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    My favorite is, "I do believe in climate change. They're called 'seasons'". Lol.

    I do think that, in a discussion about, global warming, the fact that there hasn't been any warming in what? 17 or so years is relevant. I do understand though that some of you do tend to just dismiss facts not convenient to your arguments and it's all good. I'm just an AGW atheist. Respect my non belief.
    Well, I guess that's a matter of perspective. First, I think it's been about a decade. Second, by previous trends, we should be in a cooling period, but instead, temperatures are holding steady. Quite frankly, I hope you people are right, because the next decade is going to suck if you're wrong. If the trend continues, and it didn't cool at all this decade, and then it continues its upward hike... it's going to start getting hot as ****.

    nasa.gov
    Untitled.jpg
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #16
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You think the question of evolution/creation is settled? Lol.
    The question of creation vs. abiogenesis -- the origins of life -- is not "settled," per se.

    Evolution, which is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations, is indisputable fact.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #17
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You think the question of evolution/creation is settled? Lol.

    Thanks for demonstrating the wisdom of this quote (since I know how much you like quotes).

    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ---William F. Buckley, Jr.
    You would have to define what you mean by creation.

    Typically, evolution theories and creation hypotheses don't have a conflict unless the creationist chooses to ignore all the scientific evidence from geology, paleontology, physics, biology, microbiology, astronomy and a few others.
    There is too much scientific evidence to deny that the earth is billions of years old and the universe vastly older than that.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You think the question of evolution/creation is settled? Lol.

    Thanks for demonstrating the wisdom of this quote (since I know how much you like quotes).

    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." ---William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Define "settled."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop" (Dr. Edwin Conklin, evolutionist and professor of biology at Princeton University).
    The universe is extremely large and has been around for millions of years. Because of that, improbable events are not so improbable when there were so many opportunities for all the required conditions to occur.

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't agree with the one guy being suspended but what, exactly, made Schilling a moron for expressing his views on Twitter (other than that you disagree with him)?
    It's the views that made him a moron. Because only a moron would regurgitate that creationism one-liner.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •