Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 236

Thread: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Finger

  1. #171
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Right, the biblical version.
    ah which biblical version using whose bible?
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  2. #172
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Right, the biblical version.
    The literal biblical version, which not many actually subscribe to. Particularly the literal biblical version which interprets the earth as being 6000 years old. The bible does not actually say the earth is 6000 years old. Some human being decided that, and some people decided that was gospel.

    The trouble is a bit of a logical short-circuit:

    God is infallble -> bible is the word of God -> the bible is infallible

    But it's missing a step. It's missing the part where human beings are interpreting, reinterpreting, translating, and retranslating the bible. God may be infallible, but a human's interpretation of the bible is not.

    We have straight-up proof that the earth is more than 6000 years old. Period. End of story. The only way for the earth to be 6000 years old is if God deliberately altered the laws of physics to deceive us to this end. If that's what you believe, fine, but don't expect me to agree to your interpretation without evidence.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    That isn't what evolution is.

    But to your point, it happened, get over it.

    Believe whatever you want, just don't teach religious dogma to kids in public school.

    Want to make crap up and teach it to kids? Do it in your private school.
    exactly please don't teach your dogma in public school. you want to make crap up that life formed from a single cell organism? do it in your private school.

  4. #174
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    exactly please don't teach your dogma in public school. you want to make crap up that life formed from a single cell organism? do it in your private school.
    If your version of creationism is allowed, I'm sure you won't mind the Muslims teaching theirs as well (though it's nearly the same). Or how about the Buddhists?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #175
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    exactly please don't teach your dogma in public school. you want to make crap up that life formed from a single cell organism? do it in your private school.
    Scientific evidence exists to support this idea, therefore discussing this in a science classroom is appropriate.

    Discussing your holy book in a science classroom does not fit this requirement. Philosophy or religion classroom? Sure. Just keep in mind that yours is not the only religious idea that will appear here.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #176
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    exactly please don't teach your dogma in public school. you want to make crap up that life formed from a single cell organism? do it in your private school.
    Not dogma.

    Facts, backed up with research, testing, science.

    Versus "A MIRACLE"

    Teach your folklore in your own private schools.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    If your version of creationism is allowed, I'm sure you won't mind the Muslims teaching theirs as well.
    I never mentioned creationism so this is a strawman.

    if you want to teach dogma which is what evolution actually is. then do so in your private school.
    in fact after looking at most evolutionist posts they are way more radical about it than non-evolutionists.

    while adaptation is a real thing and can be observed we do not see animals changing species from one to another.
    they still maintain their same kind or family.

    they don't change existing dna into something else. new DNA has to be added for a different effect.
    which is why it is not possible for a single cell organism to form a complex life form. it doesn't just magically generate the DNA code to do it.
    the code has to be introduced.

    there is a reason they dropped darwins theory for the common ancestor. they could never prove that apes evolved to men.
    it is the same as why they dropped global warming and picked and hijacked a real scientific term climate change.

    they just found some of the oldest skulls to date. supposedly millions of years old. guess what? they look no more like an ape skull
    than the man in the moon. they look very much like humans. they don't even have the same facial structure.

    people that believe in evolution put a lot of faith into that is for sure.

  8. #178
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,861

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    exactly please don't teach your dogma in public school. you want to make crap up that life formed from a single cell organism? do it in your private school.
    I don't think you know what "dogma" means.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Not dogma.

    Facts, backed up with research, testing, science.

    Versus "A MIRACLE"

    Teach your folklore in your own private schools.
    really? prove macro-based evolution. they can't it doesn't exist it has never been observed or documented.
    prove one species and just randomly turn into another species. ol yea they can't.

    why do you think they dropped darwins theory years ago for the common ancestor. even that is proven to be unlikely.
    so please preach your dogma in your own private school.

  10. #180
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Reporter Suspended For Defending Evolution Comes Back, Gives Immediate Middle Fin

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    I never mentioned creationism so this is a strawman.

    if you want to teach dogma which is what evolution actually is. then do so in your private school.
    in fact after looking at most evolutionist posts they are way more radical about it than non-evolutionists.

    while adaptation is a real thing and can be observed we do not see animals changing species from one to another.
    they still maintain their same kind or family.

    they don't change existing dna into something else. new DNA has to be added for a different effect.
    which is why it is not possible for a single cell organism to form a complex life form. it doesn't just magically generate the DNA code to do it.
    the code has to be introduced.

    there is a reason they dropped darwins theory for the common ancestor. they could never prove that apes evolved to men.
    it is the same as why they dropped global warming and picked and hijacked a real scientific term climate change.

    they just found some of the oldest skulls to date. supposedly millions of years old. guess what? they look no more like an ape skull
    than the man in the moon. they look very much like humans. they don't even have the same facial structure.

    people that believe in evolution put a lot of faith into that is for sure.
    Evolution, like Global Warming, is a widely accepted Scientific Theory. it represents the culmination of all of the work and studies we, as a race of beings, have put together on their respective subjects. That's why they are taught in school and not various Religions.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •