Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 367

Thread: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

  1. #301
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,799

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    How did you get them from cartridge to PC?
    There are plenty of sites online where they've posted the ROMS. Download and play.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #302
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    How did you get them from cartridge to PC?
    Apple IIe was easy as they were on tape or disk. Easy enough to transfer over the years, same with DOS. The console games I did not have to transfer from the cartridge. The cartridge games you just download off the web if you already own the game, it's not illegal as long as you own it. There are a few sites you can download game roms for emulators etc.

    PS Also can be obtained at abandonware sites as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #303
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You mean like the vast majority of fundamentalist Christians on these forums?
    Or like someone who tries to bring up the same lame ass hypocritical anti Christian, crap even though it has nothing to do with the reply? Yea, we know the type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #304
    Hates Kittens
    NonoBadDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Mountains
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    15,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Keep trying. Nobody here cares whether you're a heartless bastard or not. It's actually pretty irrelevant. Tell us what they should do? I'll ask one last time before I'm done with this: What do you suggest for people who don't have the option of looking for another job? Are they supposed to allow corporations to abuse them?

    Now, if you don't believe they're being abused, that's another matter for you to educate yourself on. Wal-mart and its midlevel management are famous for abusing the rights of employees. How you feel about that is pretty irrelevant. The fact that you consider the abuse a-okay because they agreed to be employed by Wal-mart is laughable. It's no more laughable than saying indentured servants agreed to be mistreated.
    All drama, nothing but drama. It is not abuse. Giving them a job is not abuse. Your interpretation is no more than manufactured drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    We should always be aware and on alert of government over-reach and whittling away of rights....not just when our political party isn't in the Oval Office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel the need to defame the Americans who voted for Hillary Clinton, and that democratic institutions mean so little to you.

  5. #305
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,913

    Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Mankind is a socialized predator, much like a wolf. Anyone acting like a member of a domesticated flock/herd is not acting human, Thus, I don't view them as human. They are a different species in direct competition for the resources of the planet/universe, thus, they are enemies.

    Perhaps it a variation on Neitzsche's master/slave morality. Some people will naturally be masters, some will tend towards natural slavery. What Neitzsche left out was some will tend towards freedom without the need to be masters over anyone but themselves. I hold to the third option, freedom without being a master and I despise and dehumanize anyone who would willing be a slave, the left, and those non-leftist who feel they must be masters over others, the corporatist.
    Or perhaps you just have a repulsive worldview.
    Last edited by Kobie; 12-04-14 at 04:33 AM.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #306
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,695

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Apple IIe was easy as they were on tape or disk. Easy enough to transfer over the years, same with DOS. The console games I did not have to transfer from the cartridge. The cartridge games you just download off the web if you already own the game, it's not illegal as long as you own it. There are a few sites you can download game roms for emulators etc.

    PS Also can be obtained at abandonware sites as well.
    I love the ability to play ROMs. I had tons of older, classic NES and SNES games in my garage that I couldn't play, because the NES console didn't work anymore. Seeing as how I own the cartridges, I just downloaded the ROMs, and an emulator, and now I can play all my games again. I even play them on my Android phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  7. #307
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    All drama, nothing but drama. It is not abuse. Giving them a job is not abuse. Your interpretation is no more than manufactured drama.
    Still trying?

    HOW DOES THE LAW DEFINE ABUSE?

    The Pennsylvania State Code defines "abuse" as follows: The occurrence of one or more of the following acts:

    (i) The infliction of injury, unreasonable confinement, intimidation or punishment with resulting physical harm, pain or mental anguish.

    (ii) The willful deprivation by a caretaker of goods or services, which are necessary to maintain physical or mental health.

    (iii) Sexual harassment, rape or abuse as it is defined in the Protection From Abuse Act (35 P. S. 1018110190).
    Forcing someone to work because you know that is their only means to earn a living is abuse.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #308
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I love the ability to play ROMs. I had tons of older, classic NES and SNES games in my garage that I couldn't play, because the NES console didn't work anymore. Seeing as how I own the cartridges, I just downloaded the ROMs, and an emulator, and now I can play all my games again. I even play them on my Android phone.
    Yea it's so cool to every now and again go back and play the classics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #309
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Still trying?

    HOW DOES THE LAW DEFINE ABUSE?



    Forcing someone to work because you know that is their only means to earn a living is abuse.
    Only problem is they are not forcing anyone to take a job. That argument is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #310
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Walmart Workers Launch Black Friday Strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Only problem is they are not forcing anyone to take a job. That argument is absurd.
    No more relevant than saying the treatment of indentured servants wasn't abuse because they decided to take those jobs. Would you say the treatment of indentured servants wasn't abuse because they decided to take those jobs? Or are we going to start playing the age old conservative game of real vs fake _____________?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •