Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 220

Thread: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

  1. #161
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,866

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    You are right that the charges were not brought. The question is why. And it is quite evident that a good many citizens do not believe the reason given is true. This is bad, because it further undermines what is obviously already legitimacy under siege.
    And you are quite wrong to think that it makes no difference if outsiders think our justice system defunct. Part of leadership is trust in the leader. We stood tall in the Cold War because we were morally superior. And we are losing that high ground.
    Speaking of leadership, is it time for President Obama to visit Ferguson?

  2. #162
    User aseidner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    132

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Most Businesses Destroyed in Ferguson Minority Owned



    This is part of the stupidity I see. They destroy themselves, because they think looting, burning, maiming people will all help them. I remember after the Rodney King/ LA Riots how people like Jesse Jackson said we needed to understand their rage. No I don't need to understand their rage, they need to understand what a bunch of buffoons they are.....what a bunch of moronic low-lifes they are for doing these things. Maybe there are injustices done by the police, but rioting when they are clearly in the wrong only defeats THEIR argument.
    Sadly this sort of behavior only reinforces stereotypes against them. I'm not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that looting and burning **** is the right way to proceed if you feel justice has not been served. It doesn't help that people are coming out of the woodwork to blame it all on white people. Found this gem on my Facebook feed:

    Ferguson isn’t about black rage against cops. It’s white rage against progress.
    Last edited by aseidner; 11-25-14 at 06:25 PM.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Maybe they know dick about it. And maybe it is you that does. And in fact, I really do not care who is right. What I do care about is the obvious loss in legitimacy that has lead to riots and massive damage. This is not good and we could have at least tried to prevent it by hearing the thing in proper trial making the thing transparent and open. Now it looks corrupt and dirty.
    The opposite is true.

    We are still a nation of laws. The grand jury, comprised of citizens, get to see the evidence, hear the witnesses and determine if there is probable cause to bring charges. They met, they reviewed the evidence, and they determined that there was insufficient evidence to support bring charges.

    You may pretend that they lost legitimacy because they did not listen to the mob's howls for the blood of an innocent man. It simply shows you for who you really are. The ones who are corrupt and dirty are the race hustlers, the community organizers, the rioters and the looters.

    You say it all when you say that you do not care who is right. This attitude is what makes you so very wrong.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Our nation ascended from riot and revolution. That might have been quite lawless. I have read a number of documents by contemporaries that said similarly nice things about our Founding Fathers.
    Start your revolution.

    The Boston Tea Party was a riot. Many of the founders rejected it. You reject lawful behavior and call it unlawful. When you riot and rebel on that basis your rebellion will fail. It is best to choose a real reason. Look to the Lawless One. The Father of Lies is giving us many reasons for rebellion.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    "I am not surprised that you choose lawlessness. You prefer mob rule. I get it. Many of you do. I am also not surprised that you blame those who are lawful with the crimes of the lawless. The Father of Lies, the Lawless One, has taught you well.

    This attitude that you are displaying is what is totally irresponsible."

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    What is irresponsible about wanting to make transparent for all, what exactly happened. The opposite would be quite stupid, I would have thought.
    A lawful proceeding took place. You are rejecting it because you did not get what you were told that you should want. You reject that which is good (a grand jury of citizens determining if there is probable cause to bring charges) and want to replace it with what is bad (rule by a mob).

    That is irresponsible.

  6. #166
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by aseidner View Post
    Sadly this sort of behavior only reinforces stereotypes against them. I'm not sure how anyone could come to the conclusion that looting and burning **** is the right way to proceed if you feel justice has not been served. It doesn't help that people are coming out of the woodwork to blame it all on white people.....
    I agree that a rational person would not logically reach the conclusion that looting and burning would achieve something constructive. Some people get destructive. Happens on college campuses, street mobs, sports games, etc.

  7. #167
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They're stupid. We should just let cops shoot them all.
    I'm sure your opinion is shared by the KKK.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #168
    User aseidner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    132

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I agree that a rational person would not logically reach the conclusion that looting and burning would achieve something constructive. Some people get destructive. Happens on college campuses, street mobs, sports games, etc.
    Some of the behavior is surely just irrational rage and criminals being opportunistic, but it worries me that some of these people may have actually convinced themselves that this rioting constitutes 'justice'.

  9. #169
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by aseidner View Post
    Some of the behavior is surely just irrational rage and criminals being opportunistic, but it worries me that some of these people may have actually convinced themselves that this rioting constitutes 'justice'.
    I am sure that some of them do see this rioting as justice. Your concern is a reasonable one, but people's concerns about the police generally being out of control are also reasonable ones. There is a lot of distrust in America, and the world, of the establishment as people see it, and in many cases, for good reason. Societies are trying to reinvent themselves. Ours is no exception.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,011

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Michael Brown robbed a store. He then attacked the police officer questioning him. He got shot.

    I don't care what race he is.

    No matter what arbitrary characteristics describe you - if you rob a store and proceed to attack a cop, you will probably get shot, and you will deserve that fate.
    american capitalism is more Vandal as far as l see

    would you want him to have been aborted too ?
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •