Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 220

Thread: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

  1. #121
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Nationalism = Nazi? No one is that ignorant.

    The only thing that makes sense is you claim this country is not of or for blacks.
    Don't tell me; tell the Libbos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #122
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,503
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Most Businesses Destroyed in Ferguson Minority Owned

    This is part of the stupidity I see. They destroy themselves, because they think looting, burning, maiming people will all help them. I remember after the Rodney King/ LA Riots how people like Jesse Jackson said we needed to understand their rage. No I don't need to understand their rage, they need to understand what a bunch of buffoons they are.....what a bunch of moronic low-lifes they are for doing these things. Maybe there are injustices done by the police, but rioting when they are clearly in the wrong only defeats THEIR argument.
    I will gently disagree that they are doing this because they think looting, burning, and maiming people will help them. I believe they are doing this for no other reason than they like to do this and because that is the kind of people they are. I don't think they care about Michael Brown and probably would have rioted anyway if the Grand Jury had come back with an opinion to indict on a lesser crime than first degree murder. It is disgusting and reprehensible, stirred up by irresponsible and hateful people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, and should be condoned or justified by no thinking person.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    11-28-14 @ 10:27 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    55

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    CNN interviewing the black female owner and manager of the beauty/fashion salon which was burned to the ground. They had been in business for 28 years. The owners quote was 'we lost everything'.

  4. #124
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,412

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
    CNN interviewing the black female owner and manager of the beauty/fashion salon which was burned to the ground. They had been in business for 28 years. The owners quote was 'we lost everything'.
    So sad and pointless. What does that do for any cause?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  5. #125
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    We can disagree. You have no issue with a headline that has not been proven to be true. I do. You have no problem considering "burnt" and "damaged" as being the same thing as "destroyed". I do. You have no problem with the liberal use of store names included which factually can't fit into the story because none of them can possibly be defined as "minority owned". I do.
    I have no idea how you came to such absurd conclusions.


    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You have no issue with a headline that has not been proven to be true. I do.
    This has nothing to do with her being wrong as pointed out.
    Reports generally are not proven true in the report itself.
    So you have no relevant point.


    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You have no problem considering "burnt" and "damaged" as being the same thing as "destroyed". I do.

    Holy ****.
    This has nothing to do with her being wrong as pointed out.
    You obviously have an issue here not understanding that those businesses which were being reported as either being "damaged or completely destroyed" were by fire.
    My use of burnt fits either category.
    Yet somehow you fail to understand that.


    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You have no problem with the liberal use of store names included which factually can't fit into the story because none of them can possibly be defined as "minority owned". I do.
    More absurdity. Figures.
    This has nothing to do with her being wrong as pointed out.
    The use of the store names was in reference to, and as an example of those on a specific avenue where most of the damage happened.
    Do you really not understand how that makes your comment absurd?

    And your claim of "factually can't fit into the story" is even more absurdity from you.
    Of course they fit into the overall story. Duh!
    Do you somehow think that the term "most" means all?
    I seriously hope not.

    Bottom line is that what she said was wrong. The article isn't based on lies.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #126
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    If you go back and look at history over the last 50-60 years. You will find that when 'mob mentality' has taken over, they destroy their own neighborhoods and their own businesses.
    Look at the Watts riots, Rodney King riots, Detroit riots.......
    I think I said that, but thanks.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #127
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,412

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Bottom line is that what she said was wrong. The article isn't based on lies.
    You're right, it's not based on lies. I was incorrect to assess it like that but I stand by that I think in an article based on the fact that most businesses were minority owned, they should have done more research to list more business that were destroyed or damaged and actually were minority owned instead of making a list of some of the businesses damaged or destroyed which are non minority owned.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #128
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Even a buffoon can be justified in his rage. And in the present case, I would say that the idiots were the ones that failed to bring charges. That was arrogant and stupid even if it was legal.
    If you don't like the Grand Jury process you'll have to go back a long way to change it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    You're right, it's not based on lies. I was incorrect to assess it like that but I stand by that I think in an article based on the fact that most businesses were minority owned, they should have done more research to list more business that were destroyed or damaged and actually were minority owned instead of making a list of some of the businesses damaged or destroyed which are non minority owned.
    Argument finished.
    Opinion noted.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #130
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,412

    Re: Most businesses destroyed in ferguson minority owned

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Argument finished.
    Opinion noted.

    One more opinion to note (that you can't argue with) - cute cat in a hat avatar.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •