Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 186

Thread: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

  1. #71
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Don't you get tired of asking the same questions expecting the answers to be different? That the definition of something, what is it again?

    Look, if the child is a citizen by birth and the parents are deported, and no relatives who are citizens step forward, they are returned with their parents. They may apply for return to the US and citizenship here when they are 16.
    I continue asking because I think the world has gone insane.

    I don't know when you were born or what you experienced in life to make you think the way you do, but at some point you must have had some sense of empathy.

    I am only 22 years old, but I read and watch enough to know what human suffering is

    Call me naive but I care for other people if i see that they are suffering.

    I don't understand what life expierences you must have faced in life to make you so unsympathetic to other people.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #72
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,915
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    What if they have family that are legal American citizens? If a mother is an illegal and is deported, what would happen to her children that are legal us citizens, especially if the kids are underage and cannot care for themselves?
    Off they go with their mothers (parents), and are able to return when they can in fact take care of themselves.
    If there is an adoption by another family member, they can stay here with those family members, but must be adopted.

    Children belong with their parents or family members, especially when they need to be raised.
    Their parents don't belong here, they have no legal right to be here.
    It's by the bad decisions of their parents that these children were born here.
    It's by the bad decision of their parents that put their children into this position.

    I'm still not seeing the decision making difficulty here.

    Simple, clear and orthogonal policies can clear this problem up rather nicely. Adding more confusion, ambiguity, court ruling, subjective measures, all add complications, cost, time, expense and I'm not seeing the commensurate benefit.

    If we are unwilling to secure the border, to turn nearly every illegal alien attempting to cross the border back to where they came from; to be able to track down tourist or student visa over stayers; if Mexico is willing to send them over by the 100,000's each year, then we need to be able to send them back by the 100,000's each year, except we can't, because we've invented ourselves a process, dragging in the lawyers, the judges, the courts, expert witnesses that testify as to the lord only knows what, and it's all far too complicated to make the needed decisions in a speedy and judicious manner, so it drags out for years, and as it drags out, the illegal alien, released on their own recognizance, disappears into the woodwork, never to be found again (or at least a very low probability of being found again).

    The mere fact that they do disappear into the woodwork sheds light as to why we are, once again (recall the Regan era), in this conflict of whom to amnesty and make legal, and whom not to amnesty and basically send back if we find them.

    Simplify it. Make it consistent. Make it easy to enforce and easy to understand. Make the consequences clear and simple as well. You know. Real immigration reform. Not yet another same-o-same-o, or worse, something even more complicated and time consuming.

    Why not adopt the same immigration policies that Mexico has, point by point? That'd be fair, right? We treat Mexican illegal aliens the same way that Mexico treats their illegal aliens.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  3. #73
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Off they go with their mothers (parents), and are able to return when they can in fact take care of themselves.
    If there is an adoption by another family member, they can stay here with those family members, but must be adopted.

    Children belong with their parents or family members, especially when they need to be raised.
    Their parents don't belong here, they have no legal right to be here.
    It's by the bad decisions of their parents that these children were born here.
    It's by the bad decision of their parents that put their children into this position.

    I'm still not seeing the decision making difficulty here.

    Simple, clear and orthogonal policies can clear this problem up rather nicely. Adding more confusion, ambiguity, court ruling, subjective measures, all add complications, cost, time, expense and I'm not seeing the commensurate benefit.

    If we are unwilling to secure the border, to turn nearly every illegal alien attempting to cross the border back to where they came from; to be able to track down tourist or student visa over stayers; if Mexico is willing to send them over by the 100,000's each year, then we need to be able to send them back by the 100,000's each year, except we can't, because we've invented ourselves a process, dragging in the lawyers, the judges, the courts, expert witnesses that testify as to the lord only knows what, and it's all far too complicated to make the needed decisions in a speedy and judicious manner, so it drags out for years, and as it drags out, the illegal alien, released on their own recognizance, disappears into the woodwork, never to be found again (or at least a very low probability of being found again).

    The mere fact that they do disappear into the woodwork sheds light as to why we are, once again (recall the Regan era), in this conflict of whom to amnesty and make legal, and whom not to amnesty and basically send back if we find them.

    Simplify it. Make it consistent. Make it easy to enforce and easy to understand. Make the consequences clear and simple as well. You know. Real immigration reform. Not yet another same-o-same-o, or worse, something even more complicated and time consuming.

    Why not adopt the same immigration policies that Mexico has, point by point? That'd be fair, right? We treat Mexican illegal aliens the same way that Mexico treats their illegal aliens.
    You mean you want America to treat illiegals with the same level of tolerance and mercy that Mexico treated that American marine who crossed the border by accident.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  4. #74
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I continue asking because I think the world has gone insane.

    I don't know when you were born or what you experienced in life to make you think the way you do, but at some point you must have had some sense of empathy.

    I am only 22 years old, but I read and watch enough to know what human suffering is

    Call me naive but I care for other people if i see that they are suffering.

    I don't understand what life expierences you must have faced in life to make you so unsympathetic to other people.
    The Sally Struthers act is the sort of false empathy/sympathy that creates more problems than it solves. You're 22 and entitled to wear your heart on your sleeve and be uneducated about the world. You should however be educating yourself and learning at this point.

    You have displayed a remarkable naiveté even for a 22 year old. Instead of asking why others aren't sympathetic like you are, you should be asking, why does everyone compare me to Sally Struthers?

  5. #75
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You mean you want America to treat illiegals with the same level of tolerance and mercy that Mexico treated that American marine who crossed the border by accident.
    Do you have any clue how Mexico treats foreign nationals who are illegal border crossers? We are cake and ice cream by comparison.

  6. #76
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Over there
    Last Seen
    11-12-17 @ 06:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    573

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Off they go with their mothers (parents), and are able to return when they can in fact take care of themselves.
    If there is an adoption by another family member, they can stay here with those family members, but must be adopted.

    Children belong with their parents or family members, especially when they need to be raised.
    Their parents don't belong here, they have no legal right to be here.
    It's by the bad decisions of their parents that these children were born here.
    It's by the bad decision of their parents that put their children into this position.

    I'm still not seeing the decision making difficulty here.

    Simple, clear and orthogonal policies can clear this problem up rather nicely. Adding more confusion, ambiguity, court ruling, subjective measures, all add complications, cost, time, expense and I'm not seeing the commensurate benefit.

    If we are unwilling to secure the border, to turn nearly every illegal alien attempting to cross the border back to where they came from; to be able to track down tourist or student visa over stayers; if Mexico is willing to send them over by the 100,000's each year, then we need to be able to send them back by the 100,000's each year, except we can't, because we've invented ourselves a process, dragging in the lawyers, the judges, the courts, expert witnesses that testify as to the lord only knows what, and it's all far too complicated to make the needed decisions in a speedy and judicious manner, so it drags out for years, and as it drags out, the illegal alien, released on their own recognizance, disappears into the woodwork, never to be found again (or at least a very low probability of being found again).

    The mere fact that they do disappear into the woodwork sheds light as to why we are, once again (recall the Regan era), in this conflict of whom to amnesty and make legal, and whom not to amnesty and basically send back if we find them.

    Simplify it. Make it consistent. Make it easy to enforce and easy to understand. Make the consequences clear and simple as well. You know. Real immigration reform. Not yet another same-o-same-o, or worse, something even more complicated and time consuming.

    Why not adopt the same immigration policies that Mexico has, point by point? That'd be fair, right? We treat Mexican illegal aliens the same way that Mexico treats their illegal aliens.
    Don't they deport or jail immediately? Id even support the shoot on sight of known cartel people.

  7. #77
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No. Especially not in an environment where clemency is called for in virtually every case.
    This is where I lose my sympathy. Everybody's got a heart-wrenching story.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #78
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Of course, all self-respecting libertarians are praising the President's actions (as a first step) as they believe in open borders and freedom of movement.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Prosecutorial discretion.
    Dereliction of duty, by any other name, would smell as treasonous.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  10. #80
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,915
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You mean you want America to treat illiegals with the same level of tolerance and mercy that Mexico treated that American marine who crossed the border by accident.
    Well, that would be fair and equal, wouldn't it? The same treatment for the same situation?
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •