Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 186

Thread: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

  1. #111
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    Your beef is with the parents of these kids.

    Our criminal justice system does not allow criminals to hide behind their children as a shield and demand immunity from conviction and sentencing.

    If we did that, there'd be no justice for all.

    The children's beef isn't with the American justice system .. it's with their parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    And if we let people be excused from conviction and sentencing because they hide behind the shield of "I have kids -- you can't do this to me!", then everyone with a child could escape justice.

    The beef these children have .. is with their parents, and no one else.
    I have often thought this, and I agree. Instead of pleading for the media, "Don't you understand my situation?", they should be asking their own parents, "Why did you do this to me?"
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    No. But their idea of justice is devoid of mercy, similar to the view of those advocating for total deportation.
    I'd like you to read this, and then let me know if Obama's speech played into this aspect of you, and if you still feel the same way after reading it: http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...post1064010283.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  3. #113
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,849
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    If they were truly "seeking" economic asylum, they'd apply for it.

    Then, they'd have to show that they are being specifically singled out to be prevented by their government from earning a living.

    How many illegal aliens have attempted to do that?

    Exactly.

    What you're saying in your last sentence is true, and that's one of the key reasons why the significant majority of Americans since polled today are opposed to Obamnesty.
    True. 'Obamnesty', as you call it, is not popular with the electorate, and polls very low. What's polling high is congressional legislation to 'fix' immigration. This latest action from Obama has created a situation where it is nearly impossible for Republicans to vote for it, and probably has shelved real immigration reform another 10 years. So much so for his claimed caring about immigrants. All he cares about is politics, and he has a very cynical and narcissistic approach to it.

    OK. So it's not economic asylum. What is it then?

    What is the great draw of the US that pulls so many of them across dangerous lands, possibly losing their lives, paying off the coyotes a huge pile of money (relative to them) to come to the US illegally, possibly face deportation if caught, and later, possible separation from their kids.

    If we can identify that, and turn it down, perhaps they'd be less inclined to go through all that to get here illegally? Perhaps they'd go through the legal immigration process?
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  4. #114
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    I'd like you to read this, and then let me know if Obama's speech played into this aspect of you, and if you still feel the same way after reading it: http://www.debatepolitics.com/genera...post1064010283.
    I don't need to see any speech.

    All I need to see is the separation caused by a border fence.

    21border-pic.550.jpg
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #115
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    No. But their idea of justice is devoid of mercy, similar to the view of those advocating for total deportation.
    Devoid of mercy? They had their chance.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I have often thought this, and I agree. Instead of pleading for the media, "Don't you understand my situation?", they should be asking their own parents, "Why did you do this to me?"
    It really is the truth of the matter.

    Those who are whining "what about their kids?" would do well to keep in mind that the parents knew what they were doing all along, that they were violating quite a number of U.S. laws that could most definitely get them and their children deported if they were caught.

    It's hard, though, for kids to get mad at their parents, as parents can be like gods to their kids. It's easier to transfer the blame to someone whom they don't care about as much or whose been vilified or is physically/emotionally safer to get angry at.

    Also, those who whine about "it's wrong for our government to force these kids to go with their parents" need to stop and consider whether or not they'd whine if the parents themselves made the choice to leave and, understandably, required their kids to go with them. Would they then be angry at the parents?

    I think there's a lot of transference and displacement going on here by those who are so whining.

    It's the victim-mentality projected to the max.
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  7. #117
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    It really is the truth of the matter.

    Those who are whining "what about their kids?" would do well to keep in mind that the parents knew what they were doing all along, that they were violating quite a number of U.S. laws that could most definitely get them and their children deported if they were caught.

    It's hard, though, for kids to get mad at their parents, as parents can be like gods to their kids. It's easier to transfer the blame to someone whom they don't care about as much or whose been vilified or is physically/emotionally safer to get angry at.

    Also, those who whine about "it's wrong for our government to force these kids to go with their parents" need to stop and consider whether or not they'd whine if the parents themselves made the choice to leave and, understandably, required their kids to go with them. Would they then be angry at the parents?

    I think there's a lot of transference and displacement going on here by those who are so whining.

    It's the victim-mentality projected to the max.

    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  8. #118
    Sage
    Ontologuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,515

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I don't need to see any speech.

    All I need to see is the separation caused by a border fence.

    21border-pic.550.jpg
    And, with respect to the picture you posted, whose fault is this separation?
    You don't trust Trump? Well, there's only one way to leverage him to do what's economically right for us all: Powerful American Political Alliance. Got courage?! .. and a mere $5.00?

  9. #119
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ontologuy View Post
    And, with respect to the picture you posted, whose fault is this separation?
    Circumstance. Fate. Chance. A mistake. Who can tell?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  10. #120
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Illegal drunk drivers, sex abusers, drug dealers, gun offenders, no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Then here is a hint for you: go after the coyotes.

    I refuse to surrender my morals. The day I do is the day I consider taking a 100 for fall off a building.

    So there is my position. Destroy it all you want.
    And what morals do you cherish that require you buy lies to assuage them?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •