Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Penalty

  1. #21
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    99 Goon Syndikate
    Shantai Monique Shelton
    Mersadies Lachalle Shelton
    Travis Leon Bell, also known as Kweli Uhuru


    Wut?
    Let me Whiten that up a bit, my beautiful American sister:

    Ninety Nine Criminal Team - Name of a criminal enterprise. Presumably one that operates in one of America's low income neighborhoods - otherwise known as the ghetto.
    Shante Monique Shelton - One of the defendants.
    Mercedes Lachal Shelton - Another defendant, related to the one above.
    Travis Leon Bell a.k.a. Made Up African Name
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-22-14 at 04:57 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #22
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's almost like you pick the weirdest examples to point out racial hypocrisy. Since 1963... the federal government has executed... 3 people. 2 were mass murderers, 1 killed/raped a US soldier. Of those 3, one was black. In short, that says that blacks have actually been over represented in federal executions for the past 50 years as they comprise only 13% of the population. I don't think you or that idiot Allen West actually thought this argument out too well.
    Apparently you and those who liked your post have no idea how absurd and ill conceived your statement was.
    It didn't even dawn on you, and you even posted the same nonsense again.

    Crime does not present itself equally amongst the races.
    So you have no valid example of over representation.

    Given that blacks proportionately commit far more crime/murder than whites do, that might actually be an under representation of black crime/criminals.

    For accuracy you would have to know the racial stats of those federal crimes eligible for the death penalty for any valid comparison.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #23
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Apparently you and those who liked your post have no idea how absurd and ill conceived your statement was.
    Eh... of the 3 executions carried out by the federal government, 1 was a black person. The fact that blacks make up 13% of the US population demonstrates blacks were overrepresented. Please demonstrate how that is factually incorrect with something other than 'because I say so'.

    It didn't even dawn on you, and you even posted the same nonsense again.

    Crime does not present itself equally amongst the races.
    So you have no valid example of over representation.

    Given that blacks proportionately commit far more crime/murder than whites do, that might actually be an under representation of black crime/criminals.

    For accuracy you would have to know the racial stats of those federal crimes eligible for the death penalty for any valid comparison.
    None of this has anything to do with my statements. Thanks for trying. Now go back to complaining about Michael Dunn.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #24
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Eh... of the 3 executions carried out by the federal government, 1 was a black person. The fact that blacks make up 13% of the US population demonstrates blacks were overrepresented. Please demonstrate how that is factually incorrect with something other than 'because I say so'.
    Already shown. It is a meaningless comparison and as such, invalid. And your failure to recognize that is dishonesty.
    Crimes are not committed equally amongst the races and as such does not show any such over representation.
    If you do not understand that, that is your fault for being untaught.
    And yes it has everything to do with what you presented. It shows what you presented is meaningless.
    There is no over representation. Given the crime stats, it is more than likely an under representation.


    Your further comment was also stupid.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,805

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Already shown. It is a meaningless comparison and as such, invalid. And your failure to recognize that is dishonesty.
    Crimes are not committed equally amongst the races and as such does not show any such over representation.
    If you do not understand that, that is your fault for being untaught.
    And yes it has everything to do with what you presented. It shows what you presented is meaningless.
    There is no over representation. Given the crime stats, it is more than likely an under representation.


    Your further comment was also stupid.
    Bottom line is when there are only THREE executions over several decades, Holder not pursuing the death penalty in this case is simply nothing more than the Feds being entirely consistent with all other similar cases in my lifetime, extending through JFK, and LBJ through W Bush and Obama. So it's business as usual over many decades, not "blatant racial hypocrisy" which was the entire, laughably bogus, premise of the OP.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Bottom line is when there are only THREE executions over several decades, Holder not pursuing the death penalty in this case is simply nothing more than the Feds being entirely consistent with all other similar cases in my lifetime, extending through JFK, and LBJ through W Bush and Obama.
    What you say to me has nothing to do with what I pointed out to the other poster.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So it's business as usual over many decades, not "blatant racial hypocrisy" which was the entire, laughably bogus, premise of the OP.
    You do not know what motivated Holder and neither do I, but both he and Obama have acted in racially favorite ways towards black offenders. That is pretty much the bottom line and why the claim of "blatant racial hypocrisy" may actually be valid.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #27
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Let me Whiten that up a bit, my beautiful American sister:

    Ninety Nine Criminal Team - Name of a criminal enterprise. Presumably one that operates in one of America's low income neighborhoods - otherwise known as the ghetto.
    Shante Monique Shelton - One of the defendants.
    Mercedes Lachal Shelton - Another defendant, related to the one above.
    Travis Leon Bell a.k.a. Made Up African Name
    Are you freaking kidding me with this post? "Whiten that up a bit"? What an ignorant post, Hatuey. Blacks don't have the monopoly on stupid names. Moon Unit, Bear, Pilot Inspektor, Apple, Moxie CrimeFighter, Aleph, Rocket etc. are all names I've made fun of and guess what? They belong to the children of white people.

    Those are stupid names and I never heard of the Ninety Nine Criminal Team. And I'm not up on the criminal enterprises in the ghetto.

    FFS.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #28
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Are you freaking kidding me with this post? "Whiten that up a bit"? What an ignorant post, Hatuey. Blacks don't have the monopoly on stupid names. Moon Unit, Bear, Pilot Inspektor, Apple, Moxie CrimeFighter, Aleph, Rocket etc. are all names I've made fun of and guess what? They belong to the children of white people.

    Those are stupid names and I never heard of the Ninety Nine Criminal Team. And I'm not up on the criminal enterprises in the ghetto.

    FFS.
    Your ... outrage that I pointed out these people had stupid names... is noted?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #29
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Your ... outrage that I pointed out these people had stupid names... is noted?
    No, my outrage that you had to "whiten it up" for me IS noted. And it was unnecessary.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Blatant Racial Hypocrisy as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Takes the death Pen

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, my outrage that you had to "whiten it up" for me IS noted. And it was unnecessary.
    Lol, excuse me for acknowledging that you're not well versed in street slang. The fact that you compare it to celebrity names is pretty funny.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •