Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

  1. #41
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) you find it inconsistent because you are mixing two things that are factually not the same. Being gay and having gender dysphoria or sexual identity issues etc (some terms old and new) are not the same.

    2.) again you are confusing two things that are not the same, im not even sure what your example is trying to say but a person who has a homosexual orientation that simply wants to have a heterosexual orientation is not the same thing as being gay or having gender dysphoria in general. These things are much deeper or in some cases not. The majority of gay people are just find with themselves, they are different things.

    3.) thats good you wish that, your confusion can be cleared up by studding/learning the difference and riding yourself of misinformation, assumption and ignorance on the subject (not meant in a bad way). There is much on this subject (the science and medical community info) that I myself do not know.
    1) It's only different, based on your views as opposed to my views. In my view, all sexuality, in whatever it's forms, rests on the continuum from 100% straight to 100% homosexual. I believe where you sit on that continuum is related to your genetic and brain chemical makeup. These are not diametrically opposed.

    2) I didn't say that most gay people wish they weren't gay. I said there are some who wish they were straight - that's undeniable. How they personally deal with those feelings/wishes is personal to them and they should be no more ridiculed for how they deal with their lives than anyone else on the sexual continuum. I don't know of any research that definitively claims what you claim so unless you're either transgender or gay and wish you weren't, you don't have the life experience or genetic/chemical makeup to speak definitively.

    3) I'm not confused, nor am I hopelessly uneducated on the subject matter. Your attempt to dismiss my views based on an accusation of ignorance doesn't do you nor anyone else who wishes to bring respect to all humans any favours in the discussion.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    A few things come to mind on this topic. 1) Corporations aren't nearly as evil as the left portrays them if they are freely adding this sort of coverage without the wonderful and benevolent state forcing them to. 2) This isn't a rights issue or an equality issue since no one has the right to health coverage in the first place. 3) I assume that a guy who wants to transform himself into a woman, will need implants. If this is now covered for men, wont it need to be covered for women as well? Not sure how you can declare implants to be cosmetic for women and not for men.

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    A few things come to mind on this topic. 1) Corporations aren't nearly as evil as the left portrays them if they are freely adding this sort of coverage without the wonderful and benevolent state forcing them to. 2) This isn't a rights issue or an equality issue since no one has the right to health coverage in the first place. 3) I assume that a guy who wants to transform himself into a woman, will need implants. If this is now covered for men, wont it need to be covered for women as well? Not sure how you can declare implants to be cosmetic for women and not for men.
    1) "The left" does not portray corporations as evil.
    2) You are correct, it is not a rights issue nor an equality issue.
    3) Incorrect, hormones are used, not implants.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    1) "The left" does not portray corporations as evil.
    2) You are correct, it is not a rights issue nor an equality issue.
    3) Incorrect, hormones are used, not implants.
    I didn't know that, thanks. Why is it that hormones can give a dude a nice rack, but women need implants? Just curious.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I didn't know that, thanks. Why is it that hormones can give a dude a nice rack, but women need implants? Just curious.
    No one said "nice". They will cause breasts to grow. How nice they will be is different for different people. The person I knew when I was about 20 who was getting it done was getting a decent "rack" and liked to show them off at every opportunity.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    1) It's only different, based on your views as opposed to my views. In my view, all sexuality, in whatever it's forms, rests on the continuum from 100% straight to 100% homosexual. I believe where you sit on that continuum is related to your genetic and brain chemical makeup. These are not diametrically opposed.

    2) I didn't say that most gay people wish they weren't gay.
    3.) I said there are some who wish they were straight - that's undeniable.
    4.) How they personally deal with those feelings/wishes is personal to them and they should be no more ridiculed for how they deal with their lives than anyone else on the sexual continuum.
    5.) I don't know of any research that definitively claims what you claim so unless you're either transgender or gay and wish you weren't, you don't have the life experience or genetic/chemical makeup to speak definitively.
    6.) I'm not confused, nor am I hopelessly uneducated on the subject matter.
    7.) Your attempt to dismiss my views based on an accusation of ignorance doesn't do you nor anyone else who wishes to bring respect to all humans any favours in the discussion.
    1.) no its factually different gay =/= gender dysphoria
    neither of our views or opinions change that
    2.) noer did i calim you did simply pointed out the fact that they are for a real life example of gay =/= gender dysphoria
    3.) correct which doesnt relate to the issue you are trying to make it relate too
    4.) since your views/opinions on sexual continuum arent accurate and dont apply it really doesnt mean much
    5.) you dont have to be aware of facts for them to be facts and i have no idea what you THINK i claimed, its probably another false assumption and mistake on your part
    6.) yes you are because you think gay = gender dysphoria and or is on your opinion of a sexual continuum when it is not
    7.) i dismiss your view because i choose facts and they are in fact ignorance by definition and not meant in a negative way , just accurate
    if i ignored facts based on your views THATS what would be disrespectful lol. AGain your mistake but theres lots of info out there that can help you.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #47
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    A few things come to mind on this topic. 1) Corporations aren't nearly as evil as the left portrays them if they are freely adding this sort of coverage without the wonderful and benevolent state forcing them to. 2) This isn't a rights issue or an equality issue since no one has the right to health coverage in the first place. 3) I assume that a guy who wants to transform himself into a woman, will need implants. If this is now covered for men, wont it need to be covered for women as well? Not sure how you can declare implants to be cosmetic for women and not for men.
    1.) it is great they are doing it
    2.) oh but it is when the insurance companies are classifying somethign cosmetic when its not and it discriminates against those with real health issues. Just like it would be has has been in the past when things for disabled people werent cover and considered not needed when they were.
    3.) wow really?
    it would be determined the same way everything is. Some times you get your teeth fixed for free because its medically needed for a reason or another, or you can CHOOSE to fix certain things just cause you want them and then thats cosmetic.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Companies should be paying for mental healthcare that works to help these people, not for changes to their sex.

    Or just toss the crazy idiots out the door.
    I remember... you are uneducated on this issue. Treating folks with hormone replacements and surgery IS healthcare that has been shown to work for these people. There. Now you've been educated on this issue.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    If your asking if I'm a psychologist, then no, I am not a crazy brainwashed moron.
    Well, we know you are uneducated on this topic, so we have no reason to take anything you say as anything of intelligence. And, based on what we see in this thread, there is no question that everything you say on this topic, lacks intelligence.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #50
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A third of Fortune 500 companies now cover transgender health care

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I would say believe what you think and what conclusions you draw as an individual, but then, your a Liberal and they are not exactly noted for thinking for themselves, doing for themselves or being responsible for themselves but very well noted for demanding that others do the thinking etc for them and demanding others be the same way.

    It is foolish and stupid to just accept someone else's word for something because they have a "degree" in a particular subject. While it does train, education can also be a major hindrance thinking freely. To many times, education teaches what is "not possible" instead of letting people learn limits for themselves.
    I didnt just trust someone's opinion. I tried for well over 30 years to seek counseling to be able to function in life as male and for help for my gender identity issues from more traditional people. This included my parents, my uncles, clergy, Christian based therapists and coaches while I was at school. None of this helped. I finally started going to a gender therapist and now am more accomplished in life then I ever was in the past.

    My decision to transition is based on what is working in my life and not on anyone's opinion.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •