Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 128

Thread: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

  1. #101
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Ah, so Dodd-Frank is a failure. On this we agree.
    Yup. It was never set up to have enough teeth to do anything.

    Did you let the Democrats who pretended it was the greatest reform in history know this? I've been posting that for years. I'll be sure to quote you so you can join in the next time I post that.
    Yes. I have posted about this many times. It has no teeth. Its weak.

    Neat link to Mother Jones, but "projections" from 2011 don't answer the question. The PBS link doesn't address it either. Anything from today that shows that most of the homeless children in CA are homeless because their parents lost everything because of the 2008 meltdown, and that regulating the banks in a meaningful way today will directly result in them getting homes?
    "So can you cite some sources that show the homelessness problem is a direct result of the banks melting down in 2008 please?"
    --Both links literally proved that.


  2. #102
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yup. It was never set up to have enough teeth to do anything.


    Yes. I have posted about this many times. It has no teeth. Its weak.


    "So can you cite some sources that show the homelessness problem is a direct result of the banks melting down in 2008 please?"
    --Both links literally proved that.
    They actually didn't prove that the homelessness in CA was a direct result of the banks melting down.

    So again, how would regulating them today in a meaningful way result in homeless children in CA getting homes?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #103
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They actually didn't prove that the homelessness in CA was a direct result of the banks melting down.

    So again, how would regulating them today in a meaningful way result in homeless children in CA getting homes?
    Didn't the Dems claim the recovery was complete around 2010 after all the loans to GM and others were made?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    in the times of the founders there is no such thing as a democratic republic.





    i am not speaking of direct democracy,..if we had that form, the people would vote on every issue.

    under a republic, the people are represented by the house, those members are [directly] elected by the people for the lower chamber...

    the states are represented by the senate, those members are [directly] elected by the state legislature of the states, for the upper chamber......

    this way both chambers are elected differently.....this is just one of the separation of powers in the Constitution., the people do not directly elect/control all of congress and its law making, and the states do not control directly either , both chambers counter the other, so that democracy does not take over our government, or an aristocracy does not take over our government

    for legislative bills to pass congress, the interest of the people via the house, and the interest of the states[state legislatures] via the senate, must be represented..so you have both interest represented.......the President represents the interest of the union as a whole.

    this way, the interest of the people, states, and the union are represented.

    the president is elected by electors.....not the people, not the state legislatures, but 435 people who are now picked by political parties, in early America, electors were elected by district elections, or elected by a state wide election, but the political parties have put an end to that.

    by having ALL 3 politicians elected by 3 different modes of election, this makes it a mixed government, a republic.

    power is separated on purpose so that no 1 single entity is directly electing all 3 politicians , because to put all power directly into 1 set of hands to elect......is tyranny.
    The Democrats want to change all that to have the people elect everyone by popular vote, that is the people that the Democrats think are complete ****ing morons under the Obamacare strategy. I would say it's a major contradiction in logic, but that's how some of these clowns in the electorate think. Many think the Electoral College is BS and antiquated and probably think it was established to benefit some white, racist, bigoted, slaveowning homophobes.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #105
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    One third of the nations welfare cases, and 1/5 of the homeless.

    This is what unopposed liberalism gets people.
    No this is what happens when people don't do their research....


    1) Of the top 20 states with the highest proverty ratio in the country, 17 of them are red states.

    List of U.S. states by poverty rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    2) The reason for the high population of homeless in California is due to year around weather. Its not rocket science that Homeless migrate to the west coast because the climate is not as harsh during the winter and summer months.

    3) You can't just look at total number of welfare vs the rest of the country because California has the biggest population in the country. You have to compare it base on the overall state spending.

    Compare States Welfare Spending for 2015 - Charts

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  6. #106
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    ....
    3) You can't just look at total number of welfare vs the rest of the country because California has the biggest population in the country. You have to compare it base on the overall state spending.

    Compare States Welfare Spending for 2015 - Charts
    I disagree. What a state spends on homeless people or welfare really had no bearing on the levels of poverty/homelessness in a state.

  7. #107
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well yes. I do believe the USA should become much more of a social democracy.
    How many homeless people have you bought homes for?

  8. #108
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Who do you think was the main culprit in the economic downturn in 2008? The banks.
    Really? The banks caused the crash? Do you really believe that?

  9. #109
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You do realize the banks were "regulated" before Dodd-Frank was passed correct? And Dodd-Frank has no teeth?


    Yea.
    Chart of the Day: Recession-Induced Homelessness About To Skyrocket | Mother Jones
    Facts and Figures: The Homeless . NOW on PBS
    By regulated do you mean required to give loans to unqualified people based on race?

  10. #110
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Homelessness among US children at all-time high

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They actually didn't prove that the homelessness in CA was a direct result of the banks melting down.
    Oh, so you wanna act like homelessness is only a problem in California?


    So again, how would regulating them today in a meaningful way result in homeless children in CA getting homes?
    I already answered this question.


Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •