Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 430

Thread: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Hold on. I am going to go trademark the term so I can profit from it.
    Go ahead, let the isps have their way.

    There's at least two good things that will come of it:

    The republicans will probably lose in 2016 when the youth vote comes out in retaliation.

    And we won't have to hear from you more than once every half hour or so when DP gets slow laned.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    To be fair, Cruz is right, but perhaps not in the case for Net Neutrality, but I have to ask, in vast majority of other cases, isn't he is correct?

    Since when has government being involved, rendering regulations and legislation, actually improved the competitive landscape in the private business sector?
    I struggle to think of a single case where it has (I'm sure that some will pipe up and let us know where it has).

    Yes, in the past, via government and court intervention, the old AT&T / Bell Systems monopoly was broken up, and the RBOCs were created. In the mean time, haven't these RBOCs re-consolidated once again? I know that SBC grew by acquisition, and has even adopted the at&t moniker (note, not the previous AT&T moniker). Has anyone considered the possibility that a large corporation such as the new at&t really is the best to service the customers? Are there cases where a large, regulated company is the only way to render the needed goods and services to the customer in an effective, cost and otherwise, manner?
    Can't wait til they find a way to speculate on internet usage.

    Then we can pay extra for nothing like we do for gas and power and heating oil.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Do you drive-by post a lot? Because it seems you do. You can't win an argument in one thread, then you hurry to another thread and post hoping others won't respond. Well, sigh alright.

    Can you tell us how net neutrality restricts innovation? I'll wait.
    Well, if you could actually comprehend what he is saying, you would understand that He is not saying Net Neutrality restricts innovation, government regulation is the culprit.

    Perhaps you and many others think the real argument is about net neutrality and support it no matter what out of selfish desire, but the real problem and subject of what Cruz was saying is governmental controls. Net Neutrality can be achieved without government interference, only leftist think the "government needs to do something".
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it wasn't just low-info voters who elected Cruz. I'm not entirely familiar with the issue of 'Net neutrality or his position on it, but dismissing this Senator as a "talking head" does suggest that maybe you fall into that category of low information too.
    Typical conservative bull ****! You say you're not familiar with the issue, but that doesn't stop you from standing up for assholes like Cruz. If you don't understand the issue, why not educate yourself before commenting on the situation.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Well, if you could actually comprehend what he is saying, you would understand that He is not saying Net Neutrality restricts innovation, government regulation is the culprit.

    Perhaps you and many others think the real argument is about net neutrality and support it no matter what out of selfish desire, but the real problem and subject of what Cruz was saying is governmental controls. Net Neutrality can be achieved without government interference, only leftist think the "government needs to do something".
    Good luck. I have been trying to penetrate his skull with reason on this issue for days. Liberals have blind faith in liberalism. Since liberal Obama has proposed the regulatory change, why it must be a good thing. So they don't even question the wisdom of doing it. They fall in line like lemmings and don't even consider for an instant the downside of treating the web like a utility.

  6. #76
    Educator Meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    02-22-15 @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    677

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Without reading this entire thread.......when I think of utilities, I think a lot of government regulations.

    Just one more part of our lives they can lord over, and over regulate.

  7. #77
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Hyperbolic nonsense.
    He said he wanted it to remain the way it is.

    You do not obtain neutrality by classifying it as a utility, which is what he opposes.
    The way it was WAS net neutrality. Net Neutrality was in force from the beginning of the internet until this year.

    In January of this year, a federal appeals court threw out the federal rules mandating net neutrality. They did so because the FCC was treating broadband providers as common carriers without classifying them as such. As part of the ruling the judges said that net neutrality is a good thing, and the federal government should implement it by way of other means.

  8. #78
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Typical conservative bull ****! You say you're not familiar with the issue, but that doesn't stop you from standing up for assholes like Cruz. If you don't understand the issue, why not educate yourself before commenting on the situation.
    You aren't helping your argument. But speaking of knowledge of Net Neutrality, can you explain it in terms more advanced than, say, an Oatmeal cartoon?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,306

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post

    That's why I like graphics. It makes the right point.

  10. #80
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality





    With every other statement Cruz makes on this subject, he proves he doesn't understand what is being discussed here or has the first clue regarding the inner working of the internet. First of all, he argues that rotary phones are symbols of being "frozen in time". Then he argues that iphones are... what? A symbol of innovation? Well... aside from all of Apple's issues with stealing technology, does he not realize that at one point or another rotary phones were innovative? Does he believe they're still widely used? Does he believe his iPhone will evolve like a Pokemon and won't become a relic of time 25 years from now? Well, whatever he intended to show with that argument it failed. However, this is what made me laugh the most:



    In short, this is the reason Cruz and opposers of net neutrality have been laughed at. Not only have they been dishonest in their presentation of the facts, they've completely tried to change the arguments around net neutrality. They've tried to paint their opposition to NN - which includes slow lanes, making developers and producers pay ransoms to ISPs and denying other companies businesses - as part of a process of innovation. Not only is that laughable, it's criminally dishonest. Hopefully, the generation (mine) which grew up using the internet will not fall for it.
    Umm did he really just use a smart phone to compare against a regular phone and say the telephone industry was frozen in place?

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •