Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 430

Thread: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

  1. #331
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, it's not.

    Content does not end up being controlled. Even pricing isn't necessarily controlled. See, reclassifying ISPs as a utility does not automatically mean every single regulation has to be blindly applied to them.
    Really? iLOL Prove it.
    Taxes as a Utility are a given. So prove that the other regulation wont happen.


    And while you are at that, show us these proposers you spoke of proposing the non-governmental interference like that on the left requires?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #332
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i'm going to ask you one more time, and if you do not answer the question, then our discussion has concluded.

    do you or do you not support net neutrality?
    iLOL
    You are going to ask me one more time. D'oh!
    lol
    Pay attention to what I told you.
    My position is irrelevant to what Cruz has stated.
    Sorry you do not like that, but you are going to have to deal with that.

    If you would stay on topic you wouldn't be asking such absurdities anyways. That is all your problem. Not mine.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #333
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Really? iLOL Prove it.
    Taxes as a Utility are a given. So prove that the other regulation wont happen.
    You're making the claims about the regulation. Prove that all utilities must be taxed. Show me the regulation that would add a tax to internet access beyond what cable companies are currently taxed.


    And while you are at that, show us these proposers you spoke of proposing the non-governmental interference like that on the left requires?
    Uhh, people are proposing net neutrality, which isn't any of the things you've described.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    OK, it seems you actually believe your illogical stance is correct. (Yes and I know you will parrot that comment back instead of displaying original thought) so I got nothing for a true believer. Continue to live in your fantasy while the rest of us continue the real discussion you are unable to grasp.
    There you go being wrong again.
    The fantasy is all yours.

    Cellphone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.

    You simply can not counter that reality.
    Your argument was absurd and wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #335
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,863

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Cellphone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    However, as you are stating, regulation of the service it provides (internet access) stifles the innovation and advancement of the internet.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #336
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    iLOL
    You are going to ask me one more time. D'oh!
    lol
    Pay attention to what I told you.
    My position is irrelevant to what Cruz has stated.
    Sorry you do not like that, but you are going to have to deal with that.

    If you would stay on topic you wouldn't be asking such absurdities anyways. That is all your problem. Not mine.
    if you won't answer a simple question, then engaging in a debate with you is fruitless.

    before we part ways, i'll say what is obvious : you do not support net neutrality, and you won't even admit it because it hurts your position on a site which will be seriously impacted by being relegated to the slow lane under the tiered system which you personally support. this is why you are dodging the question.

    either way, goodbye.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're making the claims about the regulation. Prove that all utilities must be taxed. Show me the regulation that would add a tax to internet access beyond what cable companies are currently taxed.
    That's exactly what I thought. You can't prove what you say.
    I have already proven the taxes part multiple times.
    And regulation is a given as I stated. A given doesn't have to be proven. And since this is Gov regulation, it is absurd that you would attempt to deny what the Gov does.
    But beside proving that taxes would come from such a classification, I also showed that even though Obama doesn't think it would be appropriate to apply, he acknowledged that rate regulation is part of Utility regulation, which should be proof enough, and doubles as proof that you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uhh, people are proposing net neutrality, which isn't any of the things you've described.

    No. That simply isn't true to what has been stated.

    We were speaking about the position statements in the picture, and you know that.
    Again.
    That is all Obama proposed. [the one on the right]
    And Cruz is the only one between the two proposing the non Governmental involvement like that on the left requires.
    So who are the ones you are speaking about who also propose non governmental involvement as the one on the left requires?

    No one but Cruz has proposed nongovernmental involvement.
    And we are talking about actual proposals, not simply what non politicians may, or may not be talking about.
    Obama has proposed gov involvement. Which is the one on the right.
    Cruz has stated it should remain the way it is without gov involvement. Which is the one on the left. So where are these other proposals that support non-gov involvement like the one on the left?
    If they are there you can certainly provide them. So why haven't you?






    Ah what the heck. Just to satiate your ignorance.


    President Obama's public stance that the FCC should reclassify broadband internet services as a Title II "common carrier" under the current Telecommunications Act carries many ramifications, but one is undeniable: there's going to be a hidden tax hike, and it's going to be paid for by consumers.
    Title II common carriers are required to "contribute" to what's called the Universal Service Fund - a government program to bring telecommunications services to underserved areas with the goal of universal coverage. Whether it's called "contributions" or fees or whatnot, the function of the program is a tax on corporate revenues in order to fund services for those who might not have them otherwise. It's a redistributive corporate tax paid for by consumers.

    The USF tax amounts to more than a 16% charge on top of consumers' bills. As broadband service providers are not currently subject to the USF tax, a reclassification would mean that all consumers would see a jump around that size in their bill. Considering that in some locales, the cheapest broadband service runs upwards of $50 per month, this will cost even the most price-conscious consumers an extra $100 per year - and for those at higher tiers, much more than that.

    FCC commissioners past and present have agreed that the this net neutrality tax is unavoidable in a Title II reclassification scenario. In a discussion at the National Press Club on Friday, current FCC commissioner Ajit Pai laid out exactly what consumers would be seeing on their bills.

    "Public utility regulation would mean higher broadband prices for consumers," Pai said. "Once broadband is classified as a telecommunications service, universal service charges would be assessed on carriers' broadband services. Many state and local taxes would automatically kick in."

    "The net result is that every single American broadband customer would have to pay a new tax - or taxes - to access the internet."

    An FCC decision to go with title II reclassification in order to enforce new net neutrality regulations would have a lot of deleterious effects. One of the most obvious is that it would be a tax hike on a service that the government believes is essential to American life.


    The Net Neutrality Tax Hike - Kevin Glass


    Classifying it as a Utility brings about rate regulation also.
    While he may say that it wouldn't be appropriate to apply, even Obama acknowledges that rate regulation comes with classifying it as a Utility.

    Even President Obama conceded that a strict Title II approach would not by itself be sufficient because there are hundreds of rules applying to telephone service common carriers that would be inappropriate to apply to broadband, like, for example, rate regulation.

    In addition, even Title II does not ban paid prioritization completely.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/te...net-rules.html
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #338
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,953

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is a real stupid comment, as no one has said, let alone expressed any such thing.
    And simply being against what the Obama has proposed doesn't even come close to the nonsense you spew.
    If you're against enforcing net neutrality then you're in favor of paying significantly more for every aspect of your internet use (the parts that your isp will even let you use, of course). But if you have another solution, I'm all ears.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    However, as you are stating, regulation of the service it provides (internet access) stifles the innovation and advancement of the internet.
    You just can't help misstating what is being said, can you?
    The specific service that is being spoken about is that which is regulated as a Utility, actual phone service.
    Not the manufacturing of the phone or any service one may receive over that which is regulated. All of which are independent of such Utility regulation.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #340
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If you're against enforcing net neutrality then you're in favor of paying significantly more for every aspect of your internet use (the parts that your isp will even let you use, of course). But if you have another solution, I'm all ears.
    You are spewing nonsense again.
    Simply being against what Obama has proposed does not mean one is against NN.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •