Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 430

Thread: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

  1. #291
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    So that FCC link I gave you will bring a 404 error up, right, since these regulations don't exist?
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Your link is irrelevant as I said no such thing and made no such argument.
    And as you were further informed your nonsense isn't even applicable as the creation of cell phones (which is where the constant innovation is) is not regulated like the service that the phone uses is.

    You have no relevant point.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #292
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Your link is irrelevant as I said no such thing and made no such argument.
    And as you were further informed your nonsense isn't even applicable as the creation of cell phones (which is where the constant innovation is) is not regulated like the service that the phone uses is.

    You have no relevant point.
    The initial argument was that cell phones were so advanced due to a lack of stifling regulations, set forth as an example against net neutrality.

    Cell phones are subject to a number of FCC regulations as well as any regulations that pertain when they interface to the legacy phone system to make a call, yet cell phones advance at an astounding rate.

    Also in spite of stifling regulations on phone systems, a number of innovations and upgrades were made, such as digital packet switching on the back end.

    All of this shows that Cruz was wrong as are you for agreeing with him.

  3. #293
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    The initial argument was that cell phones were so advanced due to a lack of stifling regulations, set forth as an example against net neutrality.

    Cell phones are subject to a number of FCC regulations as well as any regulations that pertain when they interface to the legacy phone system to make a call, yet cell phones advance at an astounding rate.

    Also in spite of stifling regulations on phone systems, a number of innovations and upgrades were made, such as digital packet switching on the back end.

    All of this shows that Cruz was wrong as are you for agreeing with him.
    Holy ****!
    Wrong.
    Your argument, besides being absurdly wrong is dishonest as well.
    Cell phone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #294
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Holy ****!
    Wrong.
    Your argument, besides being absurdly wrong is dishonest as well.
    Cell phone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    Heh OK.

  5. #295
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Heh OK.

    That is right. You were wrong and it is okay.

    Cell phone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #296
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That is right. You were wrong and it is okay.

    Cell phone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    I need an actual counter argument please

    Otherwise, heh OK is sufficient

  7. #297
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    I need an actual counter argument please

    Otherwise, heh OK is sufficient
    You were already given one which showed your argument to be nonsense, and you apparently responded with agreement.

    Cell phone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #298
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,339

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I have Time Warner, and my service has gotten exponentially worse (mostly due to repeated equipment failures due to TWC basically refurbishing old cable boxes/modems and reissuing them, only for them to quickly break again), while my bill continues to go up, up, up.
    Greetings, Kobie.

    Same here in NE Ohio with Time Warner, Kobie. When you call them, the first question the answering machine asks is whether it's your internet or your TV giving you problems - then you get routed to the correct department, and the fun begins. It usually means that we have to take the cable box/modem to them and getting another one to replace it. My brother finally went to Dish and he's been aggravation free at his house for years!

  9. #299
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You were already given one which showed your argument to be nonsense, and you apparently responded with agreement.

    Cell phone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    And this argument that I agreed to is on post #...?

  10. #300
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ted Cruz Hits Back At Al Franken On Net Neutrality

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    And this argument that I agreed to is on post #...?

    You know that cellphone innovation/advancement has nothing to do with the service it provides being regulated.
    And you also know that you said "Heh, ok." to that.

    As I replied; That is right. You were wrong and it is okay.
    So do you want to keep going in circles with this?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •