Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 487

Thread: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

  1. #421
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it's sad that not ruining the internet by adding slow lanes is even debatable, and that it has been reduced to food for hyperpartisans. sad, but not unexpected. our duopoly sucks so much. national interests seem to take a back seat to partisanship by default.
    It's to the point of blinding people emotionally to anything sensible. I listen to 'The Five' on Fox continually talking about destroying evil (terrorism), because we're the good guys, and it seriously comes off as a little retarded.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #422
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    Wait wait what? What are you responding to? Certainly not Ted Cruz's words. Cruz said "net neutrality is Obamacare for the internet." Where is he talking about classifying the internet as a utility? Cruz wasn't talking about classifying the internet as a utility, he was talking about net neutrality. Seriously. Net neutrality. Look:
    You have to be playing a game or purposely lying. Which is it?

    President Obama came out and said he wanted the FCC to classify the internet as a utility.
    Cruz's opinion piece was a response to that.


    You didn't even pay attention to the title of what you provided.
    That title was:
    "Ted Cruz: Don’t turn Internet access into public utility "
    Obviously the Publisher understands what Cruz is speaking to even if readers like you don't.


    Yes Mustachio he was speaking to the Obama's idea of classifying it into a utility.

    Which further becomes clear as one reads along, as the regulatory issues he speaks to come about by classifying it as a utility.

    And one of the biggest regulatory threats to the Internet is “net neutrality.”

    In short, net neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet. It would put the government in charge of determining Internet pricing, terms of service and what types of products and services can be delivered, leading to fewer choices, fewer opportunities and higher prices.

    President Obama this week came out aggressively for net neutrality and turning the Internet into a public utility. Some in the online community have embraced this call, thinking that cheaper prices would result. But when has that worked? Government-regulated utilities invariably destroy innovation and freedom. Which is more innovative, the U.S. Postal Service or Facebook and Twitter? Which is better for consumers, city taxi commissions or Uber and Lyft?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    I read the whole editorial. Read it in context. I have no idea why you assumed that you knew what he was talking about, but you clearly don't have any idea what he's talking about and he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

    You may have read it but you certainly didn't understand it or the context, as he certainly was addressing the President's idea of classifying it as a utility.

    All you have done is shown that you have no idea as to what he speaks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mustachio View Post
    But what we do know is that he was talking about net neutrality. You get it? We talking bout net neutrality. Not a game. Net neutrality.
    You must be playing a game as this is just more nonsense from you.
    Cruz's position on actual neutrality was stated in the second paragraph.

    In the past, such a person would have to know the right people and raise substantial start-up capital to get a brick-and-mortar store running. Not anymore. The Internet is the great equalizer when it comes to jobs and opportunity. We should make a commitment, right now, to keep it that way.

    Everything else is in opposition to the Presidents idea of classifying it as a utility. And it is hyperpartisian hacks that can't see either of those.

    It is Obama who is not speaking to actual neutrality, but lying to the public again.
    Last edited by Excon; 11-18-14 at 06:08 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #423
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    This kind of crap sells to right wingers because the right is too damn stupid to understand "net neutrality" or any other issue (i. e. global warming), so they'll believe anything that sounds good to them. A right winger will say he opposes something, but that can never explain to you what that something actually is.
    You have that reversed, as apparently it is those who believe Obama is actually speaking to net neutrality because he used those words which sound good to them.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #424
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lmao - still trying to duck and dodge I see. It's good that you've given up on trying to claim that you and I were discussing Obama's policies. I mean, I wouldn't want you to point out any specific post where I did so after you outright lied and were called on it by other posters.
    Clearly there is something wrong with you. I was discussing Obamas desire to regulate the internet as a utility. You were arguing with me. Those are facts. If you want to pretend you were arguing with me about the color of the sky, that's you problem, not mine. I would seek professional help though if I were you.
    Again Fletch, you've demonstrated quite a few things here. You've demonstrated you don't know what net neutrality is mostly because you think it's a new form of regulation as opposed to what we've had for 25+ years. You think the free market, which various poster and myself have explained does not really exist in the ISP business, should settle this. Then when faced with evidence showing why net neutrality is an inherently good thing, you've downgraded your argument from it being a government program, to believing that it can be achieved through market means.
    Wait. I thought we were arguing about Ted Cruz all this time. Lol. You cant even keep your own lies straight. How pathetic. But good to see you finally get back to what were were actually arguing about and get off this day long diversion of arguing about what we were arguing about.
    How does it feel to have lost an argument so badly that you've been reduced to catch phrases? Wait... before you answer...

    Can you tell us where I discussed Obama's policies? Specific post # will do.
    I haven't lost the argument. Obamas call to have the FCC regulate providers differently is a new form of regulation. You don't understand this either because you aren't all that bright, or you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. See, this is a discussion of Obamas policy on net neutrality, so if you are looking for a post where you discuss it look no further than post #409. Now, you can either grow up and discuss the issue like an adult or continue with your adolescent games. You decide.

  5. #425
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,044

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Clearly there is something wrong with you. I was discussing Obamas desire to regulate the internet as a utility. You were arguing with me. Those are facts. If you want to pretend you were arguing with me about the color of the sky, that's you problem, not mine. I would seek professional help though if I were you.
    Show me where I discussed Obama's policies as you claimed. I'll wait.

    Wait. I thought we were arguing about Ted Cruz all this time. Lol. You cant even keep your own lies straight. How pathetic. But good to see you finally get back to what were were actually arguing about and get off this day long diversion of arguing about what we were arguing about.
    Are you still trying to conflate the fact that you didn't know what net neutrality was with some imaginary discussion we had on Article II and Obama's policies? I'll wait until you can show the post where I discussed them.

    I haven't lost the argument. Obamas call to have the FCC regulate providers differently is a new form of regulation. You don't understand this either because you aren't all that bright, or you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. See, this is a discussion of Obamas policy on net neutrality, so if you are looking for a post where you discuss it look no further than post #409. Now, you can either grow up and discuss the issue like an adult or continue with your adolescent games. You decide.
    Third time you try to steer the conversation away from your defense of Ted Cruz' statements. Do you not realize that nobody is falling for it yet?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #426
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What branch of the government they belong to and what prosecutorial authority do they have?
    The don't need to belong (and shouldn't belong) to any branch of government. If they catch a Congressman with an irrefutable smoking gun, you can bet he'll be impeached.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  7. #427
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    The don't need to belong (and shouldn't belong) to any branch of government. If they catch a Congressman with an irrefutable smoking gun, you can bet he'll be impeached.
    Right! Like Charlie Rangel? They really took his ass down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #428
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! Like Charlie Rangel? They really took his ass down.
    Yes. He got censured and lost his committee chair.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  9. #429
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Yes. He got censured and lost his committee chair.
    And then, he got re-elected. You'll have to excuse me if I'm not impressed with congressional watchdogs. and lack any real confidence in their ability to police our government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #430
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You have to be playing a game or purposely lying. Which is it?

    President Obama came out and said he wanted the FCC to classify the internet as a utility.
    Cruz's opinion piece was a response to that.
    I'm not going to read your whole post but it's pretty obvious to me that Ted Cruz would not say "net neutrality is Obamacare for the internet" in an editorial in which he's strongly supporting net neutrality. How stupid would a human being have to be to conclude a pro-net neutrality editorial with an attack on net neutrality? No, there's no way that Ted Cruz is that stupid. I don't think you're giving him enough credit. No, he just doesn't understand net neutrality, that seems pretty clear to me.

    I'm sure somebody posted this but yesterday Cruz posted this anti-net neutrality video which concludes with him saying we shouldn't reclassify the internet as a utility but the title of the video says that it's about net neutrality. This is a man who clearly has no idea what net neutrality is. And the idea that with net neutrality the government could decide which businesses can and cannot operate on the internet? That makes no sense at all. We are looking at a man who knows one thing about net neutrality: he was told it is bad for business and so he's repeating the talking points his people are giving him.
    A working class hero is something to be

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •