Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 487

Thread: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

  1. #401
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Not at all. That is certainly what I have been discussing with you.
    Fine, show us where. Where have Obama's policies come into discussion. Specifically, tell us which Obama policy I've defended. I'll wait. Post number will be appreciated.

    Since you proved your own claim that we have been discussing Cruz to be a lie, what is you think we have been arguing about?
    More nonsense, I've demonstrated that you've been discussing Cruz's statements from the beginning. Specifically, the fact that net neutrality is nothing like Obamacare. I even referenced some of the posts on the matter.

    But I do find it funny you have been reduced to arguing about what we were arguing about. What are you? 15?
    Reduced to arguing about what I've been arguing about? Lol. You're kidding right? Fletch, you've tried to steer the discussion to be about Obama's policies when from the beginning, it's been about just what net neutrality implies. Can you show us different? Show us the discussion you've had on Obama's policies? Otherwise, retract. It's that simple.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #402
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, the Democrats have been super honest about their legislation over the past several years?
    I'd say they've been less dishonest. Congress can be watched a bit more closely than most private corporations.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  3. #403
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    I'd say they've been less dishonest. Congress can be watched a bit more closely than most private corporations.
    By who? Themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #404
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Sen Al Franken (D-Minn.) responded on Sunday to a Washington Post op-ed in which Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) wrote that net neutrality is "Obamacare for the internet".

    Franken said Cruz "doesn't understand" what net neutrality is.

    "He has it completely wrong and he just doesn't understand what this issue is," Franken told Candy Crowley on CNN's "State of the Union".

    Read the article here: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Ted Cruz isn't a stupid guy but he's totally wrong on this issue.

    I believe that we'll hear more from him on this. This is a very important issue to a lot of people.
    Or if you read what Obama wants to do and that is force the FCC to govern the internet. right now they don't govern the internet and it means that internet providers do not have to pay into the FCC fund.

    if Obama gets his wish and the internet companies will pass on the FCC to all of their clients.
    so yea in a round about way Cruz is correct. it will be obamacare for the internet.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Fine, show us where. Where have Obama's policies come into discussion. Specifically, tell us which Obama policy I've defended. I'll wait. Post number will be appreciated.



    More nonsense, I've demonstrated that you've been discussing Cruz's statements from the beginning. Specifically, the fact that net neutrality is nothing like Obamacare. I even referenced some of the posts on the matter.



    Reduced to arguing about what I've been arguing about? Lol. You're kidding right? Fletch, you've tried to steer the discussion to be about Obama's policies when from the beginning, it's been about just what net neutrality implies. Can you show us different? Show us the discussion you've had on Obama's policies? Otherwise, retract. It's that simple.
    You are trolling. You demonstrated that you and I were never discussing Cruz. You proved this yourself and yet you still lie about it. I have been discussing the implications of the presidents desire to treat providers as utilities. If you haven't been discussing that with me, what the f**k are you arguing about? How old are you? Seriously it's like arguing with. A child. Grow up and stop lying. Your ego can possibly so fragile as to be unwilling to admit you were wrong. Can it?

  6. #406
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,555
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Sen Al Franken (D-Minn.) responded on Sunday to a Washington Post op-ed in which Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) wrote that net neutrality is "Obamacare for the internet".

    Franken said Cruz "doesn't understand" what net neutrality is.

    "He has it completely wrong and he just doesn't understand what this issue is," Franken told Candy Crowley on CNN's "State of the Union".

    Read the article here: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Ted Cruz isn't a stupid guy but he's totally wrong on this issue.

    I believe that we'll hear more from him on this. This is a very important issue to a lot of people.
    Now, that Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh have become involved in this topic, making it the most political secondary topic in the country. Next to immigration. Net Neutrality Is the Next Con - The Rush Limbaugh Show RUN! Run as far away from this as you possibly can!!!! There will be no good pleasing these political polarizers. No matter how much I respect each man for keeping true to his principles. No good will come out of politicizing this topic. Of course, the pro NN side has already politicized it from the get-go but I digress.

    There is going to be a lot of backlash from ISPs just because of this, and now, we will begin to see more mergers and stymied innovation just because of the uncertainty of the political atmosphere. I hope I am wrong and it sizzles, like all the other times, the Pro NN people have tried to make it an issue. But I don't think it will happen this time. Net Neutrality is very bad for the internet in general, So I fear what will happen to it, once crazies on both sides of the political aisle get involved and tries to shape the net into what THEY want. I am actually more fearful of the Republicans in this matter. There are some who want to ban porn, file sharing etc... What if those things get in the bill? Does PIPA or SOPA ring a bell with anyone anymore?? For you Republicans what if they make it harder for right wing websites to register due to some loophole in the NN rules. Like IRS?

    There are sooo many things that could go wrong with government oversight I am just shocked as to how many people don't understand or realize the dangers of the seal of government promise, that "Yes, they will keep things the same." That sentence almost always ends in a (‿ˠ‿) But...And once you put a (‿ˠ‿) in there. The law becomes useless cheese and pork. Like usual!

    In an effort to bring some smidgen of good. The Pro NN people might have just brought the internet to a screeching halt! As Rush says, why in the hell would you ever want to trust the same corrupt administration that brought you Obamacare??? A website that I should mention...just started working!!! WHY?

    Now I foresee two scenarios coming out of this:

    1. My fears that I mentioned above will come true and the Internet will become a regulated mess.
    2. The NN laws will have no effect whatsoever on the state of things, and ISPs will continue to grow and work around the NN loopholes that they created while working hand in hand with our government.

    So I say let it be!
    Last edited by NeverTrumpGOP; 11-17-14 at 08:58 PM.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  7. #407
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You are trolling. You demonstrated that you and I were never discussing Cruz.
    Still trying to hide from your statements? What are you discussing here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Hes not the only person, I am not sure why it is Ted Cruz is wrong. Perhaps he means the way Obamacare took a bad situation and made it worse is the analogy he is making. Or it could be that since Obamacare was a pack of lies meant to dupe a stupid American public, how can we be sure he isn't about to do the same thing again. Obama has no credibility and it is advisable to all 'stupid Americans' to be very skeptical of everything he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I don't see paying for what I use as being against my interests. Limiting the power of the state, on the other hand, is in my interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Once the government puts it thumb on the scale, neutrality disappears. Net neutrality could turn out to be as accurate as the Affordable Care Act. Sounds great, but inaccurate as hell.
    You keep lying, and it's not helping you at all. The best part is that where I have shown you discussing the premise of net neutrality over and over you've yet to demonstrate where I've discussed Obama's policies. The fact that the minute you were called out for making false claims about what I said, you reverted to this silly never ending dodging is funny. Now, are you going to show us where I discussed Obama's policies? Are you going to show us where I discussed the FCC or Article II? Or not? If not, then it's simple. Retract and admit you made false claims about a subject you were uneducated in.

    You proved this yourself and yet you still lie about it. I have been discussing the implications of the presidents desire to treat providers as utilities. If you haven't been discussing that with me, what the f**k are you arguing about? How old are you? Seriously it's like arguing with. A child. Grow up and stop lying. Your ego can possibly so fragile as to be unwilling to admit you were wrong. Can it?
    I proved that you had been discussing the premise of net neutrality, that you tried to steer the conversation to be about Obama's policies and when that failed, you devoled into insults as any good little Libertarian would do.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #408
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Still trying to hide from your statements? What are you discussing here?







    You keep lying, and it's not helping you at all. The best part is that where I have shown you discussing the premise of net neutrality over and over you've yet to demonstrate where I've discussed Obama's policies. The fact that the minute you were called out for making false claims about what I said, you reverted to this silly never ending dodging is funny. Now, are you going to show us where I discussed Obama's policies? Are you going to show us where I discussed the FCC or Article II? Or not? If not, then it's simple. Retract and admit you made false claims about a subject you were uneducated in.



    I proved that you had been discussing the premise of net neutrality, that you tried to steer the conversation to be about Obama's policies and when that failed, you devoled into insults as any good little Libertarian would do.
    Dude, two of the three posts of mine you are quoting, now or the second time, were not directed at you. So why you continue to repost things that expose you as a liar is mystifying. But it shows you aren't really very well thought out. As for me shifting the conversation, I admitted that myself already. My first post was about Cruz, after that I switched to discussing the wisdom of turning the Internet into a utility. I stayed on that line throughout the remainder of the thread. What YOU have been arguing about, God only knows. Judging from what I have seen, you are arguing just to argue. Much like you are doing now. Actually, you are just trolling now, but that seems to be all you got left in your tank

  9. #409
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Dude, two of the three posts of mine you are quoting, now or the second time, were not directed at you. So why you continue to repost things that expose you as a liar is mystifying. But it shows you aren't really very well thought out. As for me shifting the conversation, I admitted that myself already. My first post was about Cruz, after that I switched to discussing the wisdom of turning the Internet into a utility. I stayed on that line throughout the remainder of the thread. What YOU have been arguing about, God only knows. Judging from what I have seen, you are arguing just to argue. Much like you are doing now. Actually, you are just trolling now, but that seems to be all you got left in your tank
    Lmao - still trying to duck and dodge I see. It's good that you've given up on trying to claim that you and I were discussing Obama's policies. I mean, I wouldn't want you to point out any specific post where I did so after you outright lied and were called on it by other posters. Again Fletch, you've demonstrated quite a few things here. You've demonstrated you don't know what net neutrality is mostly because you think it's a new form of regulation as opposed to what we've had for 25+ years. You think the free market, which various poster and myself have explained does not really exist in the ISP business, should settle this. Then when faced with evidence showing why net neutrality is an inherently good thing, you've downgraded your argument from it being a government program, to believing that it can be achieved through market means. How does it feel to have lost an argument so badly that you've been reduced to catch phrases? Wait... before you answer...

    Can you tell us where I discussed Obama's policies? Specific post # will do.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #410
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You think we would be better off with a one party system?
    No.

    A zero party system. Let each candidate think for himself, rather than to toe the party platform, and require that each voter select whoever they think the best candidate is.

    Of course if we did that, most people would stop voting - because they would have to actually learn about the candidates. The informed minority electing our leaders might be a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •