Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 487

Thread: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

  1. #311
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ahh, you exckuded the insults, this time. It almost appears that uou want to have a real conversation. Good deal!

    What makes you so certain that our internet experience will worsen?
    The isps paid $742,000 to politicians and successfully sued the FCC last January in order to end net neutrality, so it's clear they wish to behave differently than they have been for the past 25 years. If the result of this is that your internet experience worsens, who will you blame?

  2. #312
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,416

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The isps paid $742,000 to politicians and successfully sued the FCC last January in order to end net neutrality, so it's clear they wish to behave differently than they have been for the past 25 years. If the result of this is that your internet experience worsens, who will you blame?
    How will they behave differently? It sounds more like your argument is, "private companies are evil and we need the government to takeover".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #313
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,033

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How will they behave differently? It sounds more like your argument is, "private companies are evil and we need the government to takeover".
    No, I said they will behave differently. The isps spent a lot of money to ensure they will be able to, so if the result of this is that your internet experience worsens, who will you blame? Simple question, apdst.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    No, I said they will behave differently. The isps spent a lot of money to ensure they will be able to, so if the result of this is that your internet experience worsens, who will you blame? Simple question, apdst.
    How about we wait and see what happens before rushing into the arms of the benevolent state?

  5. #315
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    The isps paid $742,000 to politicians and successfully sued the FCC last January in order to end net neutrality,
    They sued because the FCC overstepped it's authority.
    But I guess you prefer jackbooted thugs instead, huh?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #316
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,416

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    No, I said they will behave differently. The isps spent a lot of money to ensure they will be able to, so if the result of this is that your internet experience worsens, who will you blame? Simple question, apdst.
    The thread isn't about me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The unbridled hackery on the part of a few of the conservatives (and one so-called independent) on this thread is absolutely astounding.
    If only George Bush or Rush Limbaugh would come out in favor of this these conservatives like Fletch would change their position quicker than ****.

  8. #318
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,416

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    If only George Bush or Rush Limbaugh would come out in favor of this these conservatives like Fletch would change their position quicker than ****.
    More like, a dann good way to get the Libbos ditch the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #319
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    If only George Bush or Rush Limbaugh would come out in favor of this these conservatives like Fletch would change their position quicker than ****.
    You would be wrong. But I suspect you are used to that by now.

    Is there any liberal left capable of honest debate? If so, please step forward.

  10. #320
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    04-15-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    459

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    What you boys seem to be missing is that BO coopted the term net neutrality as it tests well. He may even see about pursuing it but thats.not the point of his iniative.

    As usual he is seizing control without congressional authority.

    That done, he can do all those things Cruz mentions. So yes its exactly like ocare for the internet.

    Of course in concept neutrality is good. But its never good to hand any administration free reign.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •