Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 487

Thread: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

  1. #251
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. He claims we are discussing Cruz and you claim we are discussing net neutrality. Why don't you two hook up on IM and get your stories straight. In the mean time, please point to the post of his that explains net neutrality. That should be easy even for you since you claim he has been doing it for page after page. Or, you could just butt out and go find another thread to post your hit and run one liners.
    We are discussing Cruz's idiotic comments on net neutrality. Please do TRY to keep up.

    Net Neutrality has been explained to you multiple times in this thread. Go find it your goddamn self.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    We are discussing Cruz's idiotic comments on net neutrality.
    No Kobe, you are not. Nor have you.
    I seriously doubt you even know what he said in context.
    It appears as though hardly anybody read what he actually said and are just following lockstep like a good little liberal lemming with the idiocy that Franken spewed.



    So why don't you at least keep up by reading what he actually said, because it was not idiotic.

    Ted Cruz: Regulating the Internet threatens entrepreneurial freedom - The Washington Post
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #253
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No Kobe, you are not. Nor have you.
    I seriously doubt you even know what he said in context.
    It appears as though hardly anybody read what he actually said and are just following lockstep like a good little liberal lemming with the idiocy that Franken spewed.



    So why don't you at least keep up by reading what he actually said, because it was not idiotic.

    Ted Cruz: Regulating the Internet threatens entrepreneurial freedom - The Washington Post
    It most certainly is idiotic. You don't understand what net neutrality is, and neither does Ted Cruz.

    Plus, what he tweeted was "NN is Obamacare for the internet," which is BREATHTAKINGLY stupid.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    We are discussing Cruz's idiotic comments on net neutrality. Please do TRY to keep up.

    Net Neutrality has been explained to you multiple times in this thread. Go find it your goddamn self.
    Lol. No one is discussing Cruzs comments in this thread. And why should I search the thread for comments I know don't exist. YOU made the claim. YOU back it up or shut the hell up.

  5. #255
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Lol. No one is discussing Cruzs comments in this thread. And why should I search the thread for comments I know don't exist. YOU made the claim. YOU back it up or shut the hell up.
    The entire point of the thread, at least at first, was Cruz's comments.

    I'm not the one who explained net neutrality to you. Hatuey did, during the process of him utterly destroying you in this thread. Do your own homework.

    PROTIP: If you're going to argue a topic before jumping the rails and making it yet another hackish rant against "leftists," I would advise you to have one iota of an idea of what the hell you're talking about, because on this subject, you look utterly clueless, and I'm pretty sure I know the reason why.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #256
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    I think it's good thing for my isp to not treat different sites differently.

    I know I wouldn't pay for internet service if it did that.

    We don't need governmental interference, just market forces.

  7. #257
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I think it's good thing for my isp to not treat different sites differently.

    I know I wouldn't pay for internet service if it did that.

    We don't need governmental interference, just market forces.
    "Market forces" are what's making legislated net neutrality essential in the first place, because "market forces," in the form of ISP monopolies, are champing at the bit to treat different sites differently.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #258
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Market forces" are what's making legislated net neutrality essential in the first place, because "market forces," in the form of ISP monopolies, are champing at the bit to treat different sites differently.
    No. The consumer provides the market force in question. They do so by conveying to current provider that their continued service provision is dependent upon their stance on this issue.

    Of course, there is the possibility that the majority of consumers simply don't care. In which case, well, that would still be the market informing the providers what kind of service they want. But then, of course, if all companies do thing one way and there is a sizable piece of the market that doesn't like it, that does lend itself to the creation of an alternative.

    I don't agree that legislation against internet SERVICE providers is essential. It's right there in the name.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,269

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The entire point of the thread, at least at first, was Cruz's comments.

    I'm not the one who explained net neutrality to you. Hatuey did, during the process of him utterly destroying you in this thread. Do your own homework.

    PROTIP: If you're going to argue a topic before jumping the rails and making it yet another hackish rant against "leftists," I would advise you to have one iota of an idea of what the hell you're talking about, because on this subject, you look utterly clueless, and I'm pretty sure I know the reason why.
    Yes,AT FIRST, this thread was about Cruz. The discussion between hatuey and I was never about Cruz or his comments. Since you don't know but simply pretend to know, WHAT net neutrality is isn't the issue. What Obama plans to do about it is. As usual you have interjected yourself into a conversation you don't understand and added exactly zero to the debate. Bravo

  10. #260
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    No. The consumer provides that market force. They do so by conveying to current provider that their continued service provision is dependent upon their stance on this issue.
    Well, in case you haven't noticed, individual ISPs generally have monopolies on their respective markets. I live in a metro area of close to a million, and I have TWO choices for broadband internet. And both are lobbying HARD against net neutrality. Now, in your market-driven fantasy land, some scrappy young entrepreneur would start in his garage his own ISP that treats all internet traffic equally and eventually dominate the competition. I'm sure Time Warner would take that lying down.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •