Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 487

Thread: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    it's sad that not ruining the internet by adding slow lanes is even debatable, and that it has been reduced to food for hyperpartisans. sad, but not unexpected. our duopoly sucks so much. national interests seem to take a back seat to partisanship by default.
    It is not mere partisanship. It is the corporate elites fooling the ignorant and gullible into thinking that the corporate elite and regular folks share the same interest in maximizing profits at all costs by calling it freedom.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,286

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The most laughable part of your debating tactics in this thread is that, you've slowly moved away from the laughable stance that net neutrality is like Obamacare, to the belief that net neutrality can be achieved just not through regulation. Do you realize that wanting to maintain net neutrality, regardless of what method is used, makes Ted Cruz's statements wrong?
    Whats laughable is your inability to mount a defense of the presidents proposal or to even remotely question it. You hear your Savior Obama say something and you lap it up like a kitten with a bowl of milk. The similarity to this and Obamacare are that both are the brainchildren of the Liar In Chief that you worship. What I want "achieved' is what can be achieved through the free market not what some leftist fool dreams up and imposes upon the nation. I get that liberals don't question the thinking and plans of other liberals. But that is just foolish. I was never really all that interested in what Ted Cruz said and spent all of about 1 post discussing it. You just keep focusing on it because you cant make a rational defense of the presidents plan. But keep trying.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Whats laughable is your inability to mount a defense of the presidents proposal or to even remotely question it.
    Strawman arguments this late in the race? I never stated I supported the president's proposal. I stated I support net neutrality and some regulation to ensure it. Who it comes from is irrelevant, hell, I'm supportive of keeping the system as it has been for 25+ years without any additional laws or regulations. The system as it was ensured net neutrality for 25+ years. Do you understand the difference yet? Or do I need to explain that too? You lost this argument really bad and the embarrassment keeps you posting over and over again with more nonsensical partisan hackery. Nobody is falling for it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #224
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,286

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Strawman arguments this late in the race? I never stated I supported the president's proposal. I stated I support net neutrality and some regulation to ensure it. Who it comes from is irrelevant, hell, I'm supportive of keeping the system as it has been for 25+ years without any additional laws or regulations. The system as it was ensured net neutrality for 25+ years. Do you understand the difference yet? Or do I need to explain that too? You lost this argument really bad and the embarrassment keeps you posting over and over again with more nonsensical partisan hackery. Nobody is falling for it.
    You know every liberal trick don't you. I didn't lose any argument. You haven't made one..well, outside of the typical liberal demand for the state to wipe your butt and tuck you in at night. You do support the presidents proposal and have spent the thread defending it. You just aren't honest. I have asked specifically and repeatedly if you even contemplated the dangers of what Obama is asking the FCC to do and you have dodged every one. Look, I don't expect honest debate from leftists, but it would be refreshing to get one from time to time. Just not going to happen here, is it.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You know every liberal trick don't you. I didn't lose any argument.
    Lol, oh yes you did. I stated that Ted Cruz's belief on Net Neutrality was like Obamacare were wrong. Not only because of the implications of having net neutrality (innovation, freedom to access information, few restrictions) but because net neutrality has little to do with government regulation of how a person uses the internet or an imposition of the internet on people who don't want it.

    You haven't made one..well, outside of the typical liberal demand for the state to wipe your butt and tuck you in at night. You do support the presidents proposal and have spent the thread defending it. You just aren't honest. I have asked specifically and repeatedly if you even contemplated the dangers of what Obama is asking the FCC to do and you have dodged every one. Look, I don't expect honest debate from leftists, but it would be refreshing to get one from time to time. Just not going to happen here, is it.
    Oh really? I do, do I? Can you show us where I've supported Obama's proposals? I'll wait.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #226
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,286

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol, oh yes you did. I stated that Ted Cruz's belief on Net Neutrality was like Obamacare were wrong. Not only because of the implications of having net neutrality (innovation, freedom to access information, few restrictions) but because net neutrality has little to do with government regulation of how a person uses the internet or an imposition of the internet on people who don't want it.
    I haven't really been making the argument that Ted Cruz was right in his analogy. In fact, in my first post I pointed to the two ways in which it might be linked but really haven't mentioned it since. So if you want to claim victory on those grounds, congratulations.



    Oh really? I do, do I? Can you show us where I've supported Obama's proposals? I'll wait.
    What the hell do you think we have been discussing if not the presidents proposal??? Jesus what a waste of time this has been.

  7. #227
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    If you don't work as a Sr. Systems Admin, Sr. Network Admin, or Systems Engineer, then you have nothing to add to this debate and almost any argument you give will be based in ignorance.

    That said, I work as the Sr. System and Network Administrator for what is easily one of the highest traffic sites hosted in the Midwest (both in terms of bandwidth and page views). So I know my **** on this one.

    Basically, as wikipedia states Net Neutrality is:

    The principle that Internet service providers and governments should treat all data on the Internet equally, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.

    That does not mean that under the current system you cannot buy higher tiers of internet service. These higher tiers of internet service basically mean that:

    1. Internet bandwidth at the provider is shared by less customers than lower tiered service.

    2. Internet bandwidth has a lower latency than lower tiered service.

    3. Your connection is more reliable (due to higher redundancy at the carrier level).

    Those are all available to you under the current system. What the current system does not allow for is a carrier or provider to prioritize their content over other providers, or to censor their competitors. For example, without net neutrality, Time Warner could utilize QoS to ensure that any voip packets coming from their service has a much lower latency than say a Vonage customer on their network. So calls from a TWC customer would be crystal clear while a Vonage customer would have forced jitter due to high latency. The same would be true for their video streaming vs say, Amazon's. Hell it could go so far as stock trades being prioritized over certain networks while others get higher latencies. The potential for corruption is nearly endless absent Net Neutrality. Who benefits from that other than carriers lobbying congress?

    Also, Ted Cruz's analogy is absolutely moronic. Thats the kind thing you get when you take a smart guy and combine him with a total nut job.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  8. #228
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I haven't really been making the argument that Ted Cruz was right in his analogy
    LMAO. Are you kidding? You've spent 10+ pages being pounded by posters because not only do you not understand what net neutrality entails, you actually believe keeping it as it has been for 25+ years means more regulation.

    . In fact, in my first post I pointed to the two ways in which it might be linked but really haven't mentioned it since. So if you want to claim victory on those grounds, congratulations.
    I wonder why you haven't mentioned it since? I guess you'd have to give up on an argument so ridiculous is completely defies the constraints of the discussion at hand.

    What the hell do you think we have been discussing if not the presidents proposal??? Jesus what a waste of time this has been.
    This is a new level of dishonest even for you Fletch. The thread, the entire thread has been about this statement:

    Attachment 67176017

    For you to pretend as if Obama's proposals have been a topic of discussion, when it is net neutrality being compared to Obamacare is laughable if not see through. You lost the argument. Give up, admit net neutrality is a good thing, and comparing it to Obamacare is not only absurd, it's essentially claiming that the internet as we've enjoyed it for 25+ years is a system that doesn't work. Do you not realize that without net neutrality, the internet can run at the speed of government? Lol.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #229
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh please, Democrats get manipulated, not intelligent folk.

    How's that "you can keep your plan..." thingy working out for you? You know what, if you hadn't had your ears covered with propaganda you would have heard Mr. Cruz clearly state that "millions" would be forced into less efficient but more costly plans.

    Seems HE was right while Obama was outright lying.

    I repeat, no one with a functioning brain would believe this bull****, or any other than oozes out of the White House basement.

    Have yourself a nice day...if you can with your health care premiums......
    Convenient. Obamacare exists, therefore anything that any liberal ever supports must inherently be wrong. Much easier than actually discussing net neutrality, just keep bringing up Obamacare. Similarly, if Obama were to propose lowering income taxes, it would be a bad thing because Obamacare exists.

    Yeah. Sure. We're the ones who have been manipulated.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #230
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Whats laughable is your inability to mount a defense of the presidents proposal or to even remotely question it. You hear your Savior Obama say something and you lap it up like a kitten with a bowl of milk. The similarity to this and Obamacare are that both are the brainchildren of the Liar In Chief that you worship. What I want "achieved' is what can be achieved through the free market not what some leftist fool dreams up and imposes upon the nation. I get that liberals don't question the thinking and plans of other liberals. But that is just foolish. I was never really all that interested in what Ted Cruz said and spent all of about 1 post discussing it. You just keep focusing on it because you cant make a rational defense of the presidents plan. But keep trying.
    Net neutrality is a brainchild of Obama? Hell, the term alone has been around since 2003.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •