Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 487

Thread: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I was asking a ****ing question. Do you know what a, "?", is?
    no, you were trying to strawman, and you even ****ed that up.

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,064

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'd rather my taxes go to a national system of free internet service than government funded condom drives. However, we're a nation that doesn't really understand why freedom to access to content at the speed you paid for is more important than getting laid. So I doubt that would ever happen. One can dream though!
    same here. we have some of the ****tiest broadband in the first world because of the cable monopolies. and we pay more for it, too.

    BBC News - Why is broadband more expensive in the US?

  3. #133
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I suppose you might say that my position is evolving based on the new information that I've gotten from the forums, and researched on my own in the between time.
    Blasphemy.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If monopolies exist, there are laws to take care of that, like I said.
    ... You do realize that laws regulating net neutrality have zero relevance in regards to the existence of monopolies... correct?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #135
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,936

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Yes, I did post that. At that time, it was based on what I knew at the time.
    Chatting in these forums, I've come to learn more about it, and I've come your way a bit, as you can see; (dare I say that you [and others] are having an effect on me? )

    I suppose you might say that my position is evolving based on the new information that I've gotten from the forums, and researched on my own in the between time.
    No, you've definitely moved further from me. Yesterday you believed net neutrality was a brand new government regulation and immediately opposed it (without understanding what it was, of course) and claimed to want to keep the internet as it is. Once you learned it was old, however, you now can't wait to end it. You're not arguing about net neutrality, you're just letting your beliefs on government involvement override all the facts of this discussion, to the extent that you're willing to argue against your own interests.

  6. #136
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    I'm just disappointed you're not standing for something on this and other issues--you used to at Politico.
    I don't mind your anti-both parties meme.
    Just take a stand on the very important issues of the day.
    Isn't that what you've been asking the Congress and Senate to do--work together ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Fact is Franken is too far left for me and Cruz too far right. I stand by my original post.
    Physics is Phun

  7. #137
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right. The internet was just fine with net neutrality, so let's keep it the way it was.
    Here's the truth. I don't understand the issue. I've read about it and it's so convoluted it's difficult to grasp what will change if it's implemented. Net neutrality has a nice ring to it but frankly I don't trust the government to do anything other take something we get for free and turn it into a revenue generator. If someone who actually has a thorough understanding of this issue, jump up.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  8. #138
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I didn't answer them because they're not relevant to your question about why opposition to net neutrality is wrong. I explained to you what net neutrality was and laid out the arguments for why it should be maintained. You trying to steer the conversation to be about something other than that doesn't change the fact that opposition to net neutrality is wrong on various counts. The first of which would be restrictions on a consumer's right to access information.
    Of course they are relevant questions. HOW these supposed issues that concern you are going to be addressed by the federal government is the only thing that matters. It doesn't matter to you because the state is the center of your universe and you fail to recognize that its growth as a threat to liberty.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,914
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I'm just disappointed you're not standing for something on this and other issues--you used to at Politico.
    I don't mind your anti-both parties meme.
    Just take a stand on the very important issues of the day.
    Isn't that what you've been asking the Congress and Senate to do--work together ?
    The thing is and I stated it in my original post is that I know nothing about the act or the proposed law. I would be either taking Cruz's or Franken's word on it. That I am not willing to do. So until I find out more about it or do some research I won't come down on either side. But in the generic sense of a position, I am in favor of which ever side keeps the internet as is. If the law changes it, then I will be against it. If the law codifies the internet and ensures it stays the same, than I will be for that. Notice the phrase I will be.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,266

    Re: Al Franken Explains Net Neutrality To Ted Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    same here. we have some of the ****tiest broadband in the first world because of the cable monopolies. and we pay more for it, too.

    BBC News - Why is broadband more expensive in the US?
    So like everything else, this boils down to money. Liberals don't want to pay when they can get the state to get it for them for free. What else is new. So it is like Obamacare after all. Thanks for clearing this up.

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •