Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 501

Thread: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense' [W:406]

  1. #411
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I shall make no effort to try to convince you.

    He is a traitor and you support the traitor. I understand.
    You don't have to. Set your personal and/or political bias aside and read the law, understand the situation at hand and the authorities already vested in the Executive and you'll know the EO on immigration action is 100% legal.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  2. #412
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    No, possible misuse of powers is not a high crime or a misdemeanor.
    A deliberate abuse of power in a manner that is known to be unconstitutional (and I can link him saying that it would be unconstitutional, if you like) and which violates the separation of powers is absolutely a high crime or misdemeanor.

  3. #413
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    A deliberate abuse of power in a manner that is known to be unconstitutional (and I can link him saying that it would be unconstitutional, if you like) and which violates the separation of powers is absolutely a high crime or misdemeanor.
    If that were true, than any legislator who supported a bill that was later ruled unconstitutional by a court would have committed a crime worthy of ejection from office. Violating the constitution is not a criminal act. And, of course, this move on immigration is not unconstitutional. Every president in the last several decades has done exactly what Obama is doing. Not only the same way, but the same actions. None of this is unprecedented, and none of it violates any aspect of the constitution.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    If that were true, than any legislator who supported a bill that was later ruled unconstitutional by a court would have committed a crime worthy of ejection from office. Violating the constitution is not a criminal act. And, of course, this move on immigration is not unconstitutional. Every president in the last several decades has done exactly what Obama is doing. Not only the same way, but the same actions. None of this is unprecedented, and none of it violates any aspect of the constitution.
    What are your examples of another president doing the same thing in the same way?

  5. #415
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    If that were true, than any legislator who supported a bill that was later ruled unconstitutional by a court would have committed a crime worthy of ejection from office.
    That is not correct. Any legislator that (for example) attempted to seize judicial power in a manner that they recognized as being illegal would be worthy of ejection from office.

    Violating the constitution is not a criminal act. And, of course, this move on immigration is not unconstitutional.
    The President disagrees. He said on - what, a couple of dozen occasions? - that doing precisely what he did would be illegal and unconstitutional. But now it is convenient and no more elections, so....

    The existence of impeachment is not carte blanche for the President to violate the Constitution until yanked back. Once upon a time (oh, say, in 2003-2008) Democrats realized this.

    Every president in the last several decades has done exactly what Obama is doing
    That is incorrect - as PRESIDENT OBAMA HIMSELF has pointed out:
    Quote Originally Posted by President Obama
    Obama: Well, first of all, temporary protective status historically has been used for special circumstances where you have immigrants to this country who are fleeing persecution in their countries, or there is some emergency situation in their native land that required them to come to the United States. So it would not be appropriate to use that just for a particular group that came here primarily, for example, because they were looking for economic opportunity.

    With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed — and I know that everybody here at Bell is studying hard so you know that we’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws.

    There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.
    Not only the same way, but the same actions.
    No, they haven't been. See POTUS above.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    You don't have to. Set your personal and/or political bias aside and read the law, understand the situation at hand and the authorities already vested in the Executive and you'll know the EO on immigration action is 100% legal.
    He is a traitor and you support him.

    I understand that he changing the nature of the electorate to one that will give the Democrats what they want, domination. His actions are reprehensible. This was a coup and like always in history there will be those who support the coup. You support his coup.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    If that were true, than any legislator who supported a bill that was later ruled unconstitutional by a court would have committed a crime worthy of ejection from office. Violating the constitution is not a criminal act. And, of course, this move on immigration is not unconstitutional. Every president in the last several decades has done exactly what Obama is doing. Not only the same way, but the same actions. None of this is unprecedented, and none of it violates any aspect of the constitution.
    It was a coup and the American citizens lost their nation.

  8. #418
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    No, possible misuse of powers is not a high crime or a misdemeanor. It's simply an incorrect action by government, subject to a court ordering the government to stop. And considering the precedent set by that last dozen presidents, the actions that Obama is taking aren't outside the scope of his authority. He's doing nothing that past presidents haven't done.
    Exactly!

    There's absolutely nothing illegal, improper, immoral or unconstitutional about what he's doing. Folks may not like it, but he is within his legal and constitutional bounds to do it much as many people believe Gov. Perry was within the limits of his authority to withhold funding from a TX public agency because it's director conducted herself inappropriately.

    I see no difference here; just a higher level of governance and authority. One's at the state-level; the other is at the federal level. It's just funny when a Republican Governor exercises his executive authority and does so ever so slightly on the margins, it's immediately deemed "executive authority" by the Right. But when a Democrat President does the same using executive orders it's deemed "tyranny".
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 11-21-14 at 06:42 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    He is a traitor and you support him.

    I understand that he changing the nature of the electorate to one that will give the Democrats what they want, domination. His actions are reprehensible. This was a coup and like always in history there will be those who support the coup. You support his coup.
    It is obvious it's not any supposed Constitutional issue that concerns you, it's getting beaten at the polls that is your main concern.

    I don't think President Obama has broken any law and certainly hasn't violated the Constitution. You don't agree. We shall see.

  10. #420
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    It is obvious it's not any supposed Constitutional issue that concerns you, it's getting beaten at the polls that is your main concern.

    I don't think President Obama has broken any law and certainly hasn't violated the Constitution. You don't agree. We shall see.
    The Tyrant is waging war against the American citizen, the US and the Constitution.

    You have already been diminished. You don't realize it or maybe you are not an American citizen. This does not have a happy ending.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •