Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 501

Thread: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense' [W:406]

  1. #201
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    So you won't answer my question, but want me to answer yours... lol... typical.

    OK then... A pardon isn't amnesty. A pardon means you are forgiven for a crime you committed, but it does not grant the person the right to continue to commit the crime with impunity. He could pardon them for breaking our law, but not sending them back is a whole sale rewriting of federal law....

    So as I said, just think about the precedent Obama will be setting (using executive orders to decree new immigration law) and ask yourself if you will feel comfortable with a Republican president being able to do the very same thing with the laws and issues that are of great importance to you? If you can honestly say that you would be comfortable with that, then go after me with both guns... But if you can't, then it's about time that you, and every single liberal who feels the same way, to use your voices to stop this from happening.
    You are too late. Presidents already have done things I didn't like without even consulting Congress.. Bush redefined torture and violated the Geneva convention. If he can do that Obama can certainly stop a few deportations.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Yes. I hope so. I want the president punished. Prison would be barely acceptable.
    Gold Kugerrands will fall out of your ass before President Obama will be imprisoned. Even the most wacky right-wing nuts I know aren't this crazy or vengeful.

  3. #203
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You are too late. Presidents already have done things I didn't like without even consulting Congress.. Bush redefined torture and violated the Geneva convention. If he can do that Obama can certainly stop a few deportations.
    This House had its chance to act on immigration before July 31st. They chose to punt until after the election, playing crass politics to win an election. We still hear ZERO on what the House will do, besides shut down the gov't and ruin another Christmas economic season .
    Physics is Phun

  4. #204
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    So you won't answer my question, but want me to answer yours... lol... typical.

    OK then... A pardon isn't amnesty. A pardon means you are forgiven for a crime you committed, but it does not grant the person the right to continue to commit the crime with impunity. He could pardon them for breaking our law, but not sending them back is a whole sale rewriting of federal law....

    So as I said, just think about the precedent Obama will be setting (using executive orders to decree new immigration law) and ask yourself if you will feel comfortable with a Republican president being able to do the very same thing with the laws and issues that are of great importance to you? If you can honestly say that you would be comfortable with that, then go after me with both guns... But if you can't, then it's about time that you, and every single liberal who feels the same way, to use your voices to stop this from happening.
    I've actually said before that I'm not comfortable with any President circumventing the law. Unlike you, that is regardless of party. I don't support this action by Obama. I also would not support impeachment, nor did I support impeaching Bush.

    As we all know, if a Republican did this, you'd be leading the cheers. Yet you come here and accuse me of being hyperpartisan. That's rich, but unfortunately what we expect of you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #205
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,125
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I've actually said before that I'm not comfortable with any President circumventing the law. Unlike you, that is regardless of party. I don't support this action by Obama. I also would not support impeachment, nor did I support impeaching Bush.
    It's nice to hear that you disagree with it, but what gave you the idea that my disagreement was predicated on the party attempting to do it?

    As we all know, if a Republican did this, you'd be leading the cheers. Yet you come here and accuse me of being hyperpartisan. That's rich, but unfortunately what we expect of you.
    Again, what is the basis for such an opinion? I don't recall ever giving my blessing for any politician to circumvent the law at their discretion.

  6. #206
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I've actually said before that I'm not comfortable with any President circumventing the law. Unlike you, that is regardless of party. I don't support this action by Obama. I also would not support impeachment, nor did I support impeaching Bush.

    As we all know, if a Republican did this, you'd be leading the cheers. Yet you come here and accuse me of being hyperpartisan. That's rich, but unfortunately what we expect of you.
    You're wrong, he would not support a Republican president doing what President Obama will do.


  7. #207
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Watch his comments to Megyn Kelly:







    Will Congress try to impeach a President for using executive power to make sweeping immigration law changes, and is it warranted?
    I think we should get to the bottom of who is the "SOMESAY"that is the source that Megyn Kelly/fox quotes so often.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #208
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Correct, the decision to invade Iraq was a very poor one. Almost 5000 dead troops, tens of thousands with life altering injuries, suicides and the money taken from the treasury. And of course the financial meltdown that occurred under his watch.
    What I find odd when liberals critique President Bush and drag all of this crap up, have you ever considered that some of President Bush's biggest supporters are the military, those who served in the wars, suffered those injuries, and their families, especially the families of those who were killed or injured?

  9. #209
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I don't remember any, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist. I hate the idea of impeachment. Let the president do his thing, the people will either approve of it, disapprove of it or be indifferent. I actually think Obama would welcome it. If he looked back at Clinton's impeachment, he would see at the beginning Bill was at 57% approval, not an ideal time to begin impeachment proceedings as the people were not with the Republicans. When it was over and done, Clinton had a 65% approval rating. I don't have party favorability ratings from back then, but I bet the Republicans approval ratings drop quite a bit.

    But Obama is not Clinton and his approval ratings are 17 points below Bill's. But still, one has to wonder if the Republicans ever learn anything from history. If the people think he over reached this authority they will let him know. Right now there is a lot of people dissatisfied with him, but dissatisfaction does not warrant impeachment.
    Obama has none of Clinton's charisma.

  10. #210
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    72

    Re: Krauthammer: 'Impeachable Offense'

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    President Obama didn't convince the public we needed to invade Iraq, Bush did that.
    That's funny! sHrillary and sKerry did a lot of good work on that. Gotta give them props!
    Last edited by AuburnGrad; 11-15-14 at 11:27 PM.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •