Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 171

Thread: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms[W:169]

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    while it's off-topic on this thread, I agree with the school holidays being renamed, instead of having religious names. I think it's a shame they did this just because Muslims asked for their holiday to be on the calendar, but I think all public schools should do this.
    And we/they should eliminate all sports or groups that refer to gender. Get rid of all showers, training rooms, teams. Same concept.
    In fact to take it one step farther, have all students wear robes like Obama was wearing in China.
    Complete gender equality and neutrality.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    And we/they should eliminate all sports or groups that refer to gender. Get rid of all showers, training rooms, teams. Same concept.
    In fact to take it one step farther, have all students wear robes like Obama was wearing in China.
    Complete gender equality and neutrality.

    This is literally the inmate running the asylum. Transgender disorder is a mental disease, yet, we are letting them tell all the normal folks how to behave.. It's insanity..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You said "massive upsurge."

    Because, for some reason, you think telling their peers they are transgender is something teenage boys would like to do.
    Of course. They'll all know he's just saying he's transgender so he can take showers with the cheerleaders.

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    montgomery county maryland has eliminated all references to christian holidays

    so now there will be winter break, not christmas break

    spring break, not easter break

    and the muslims are the ones being blamed since they wanted their holiday also marked on the calendar

    No religious holidays on Maryland district's calendar - CNN.com
    I get the "spring break" thing, but the "christmas break" one always gets me.

    Christmas is a Federally Recognized holiday. It's actually probably the best analog we have to the whole "marriage" debate". In modern society there is absolutely two seperate entities known as "Christmas"; the religious holiday Christmas, and the secular holiday Christmas. But that's probably starting a bit too far off the main conversation.

    ....also, I had a nice laugh at people getting offended by my south park reference.



    I definitely think the scare tactics tone of the article is off base, but I also think there's a legitimate argument that we're going way overboard in an attempt to accomodate an incredibly small minority in order to make them not feel uncomfortable, despite it potentially making others feel uncomfortable.

  5. #75
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Great, now there's a war against kids.

    I'd like to get more information, that article was hilariously trying to install fear of transgenders.
    It's much more serious if it's a "war".
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #76
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, the federal LAW can be changed, but there are state laws that say the same things. And no, schools having to spend that money that otherwise is needed desperately for you know, education, on one or two students is absolutely absurd.
    If states are changing their laws to allow transgendered students in bathrooms, that would change any state laws pertaining to it. The OSHA regulation does not specify how a person's gender is supposed to be judged, so it would leave it up to the states.

    No laws would need to be changed to add bathrooms. And this thread is about changing the laws in certain states.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #77
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Bull****.. Maybe not wearing a dress to "identify" a girl, but come on man? Boys and girls don't need to be "taught" anything about gender. We figure it out all by ourselves.

    Tim-
    Children don't know there's any problem with that unless they are taught to believe there is a problem with that. Being a parent easily shows that fact. We figure it out due to the clues around us, what we learn by observation. If you are raised in a family where gender differences are not emphasized, then it becomes a nonissue.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #78
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    If states are changing their laws to allow transgendered students in bathrooms, that would change any state laws pertaining to it. The OSHA regulation does not specify how a person's gender is supposed to be judged, so it would leave it up to the states.

    No laws would need to be changed to add bathrooms. And this thread is about changing the laws in certain states.
    Yeah, there's only the expense and the space involved to serve a very few mentally disturbed students. And the extra bathroom, which do you serve with that, the boys who think they should be girls or the girls who think they should be boys?

  9. #79
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, there's only the expense and the space involved to serve a very few mentally disturbed students. And the extra bathroom, which do you serve with that, the boys who think they should be girls or the girls who think they should be boys?
    There is no expense at all if they are simply using the locker room/bathroom of the gender they identify as. They will simply use the other restrooms.

    And most schools are already switching to single stall showers due to issues with most students not wanting to shower at school because of feeling uncomfortable around others of their own sex now or time constraints.

    Shower stalls stay dry at most public schools - Sun Sentinel
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Children don't know there's any problem with that unless they are taught to believe there is a problem with that. Being a parent easily shows that fact. We figure it out due to the clues around us, what we learn by observation. If you are raised in a family where gender differences are not emphasized, then it becomes a nonissue.
    And how many families do you know where gender differences are not emphasized? Not to mention do these families watch TV, go to the movies, read books? Come on dude , you're stretching like Stretch Armstrong on this one.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •