Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 171

Thread: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms[W:169]

  1. #141
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,009

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Have you ever asked your daughter what she thinks about it?

    Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be confrontational here. I see a lot of people, including you, expressing their views but I've seen nothing...except speculation...that indicates how the children, themselves, react to this kind of thing. Maybe nobody really cares about them, eh?
    My daughters are beyond the age that it would have been an issue, and this wasn't an issue when they were growing up. Now as much as I would like to think I raised them right and as much as I know they would not have an issue today, who really knows how they would have reacted back then, assuming the same issues as now. Many was the time I had to force them to analyze what their thoughts were versus their feelings. I didn't alway agree with them afterwards but they were at least thinking and not knee-jerking. But as in all times teens and kids are more resilient than adults and adapt faster to changes. I can ask if you are really interested in what they think they would have done.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  2. #142
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    You do realize it's not that simple, right?


    It was a joke. As I already noted.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #143
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Actually that isn't strictly true.
    There are trans who are interested in their preferred gender... trans-women lesbians and trans-men homosexuals.


    There's about 7 billion people on this planet, so if anyone can think about it, it probably exists.

  4. #144
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    How many of you fathers of daughters will be fine with this?


    This is a question that I want to see some answers to.

    It's going to be mighty hard for anyone to convince me that anyone with a penis belongs in my granddaughters locker rooms.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,853

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    My daughters are beyond the age that it would have been an issue, and this wasn't an issue when they were growing up. Now as much as I would like to think I raised them right and as much as I know they would not have an issue today, who really knows how they would have reacted back then, assuming the same issues as now. Many was the time I had to force them to analyze what their thoughts were versus their feelings. I didn't alway agree with them afterwards but they were at least thinking and not knee-jerking. But as in all times teens and kids are more resilient than adults and adapt faster to changes. I can ask if you are really interested in what they think they would have done.
    You don't need to ask.

    My main point is that so many here are responding with what THEY think and feel...without actually considering what the CHILDREN might think and feel. Now, sure...maybe those kids can adapt, but should we really be contemplating such drastic changes without considering them? I don't think so.

    Kids that age...going through puberty...don't really need those kinds of added pressures.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #146
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Actually, yes, several of us have pointed out throughout the thread that it's not about locker rooms. However, it's good to bring it up again for those that didn't notice, so thanks.
    Well, except that is the only issue, and it is bogus. Without that, there is nothing to complain about. So the only thing any one has to bitch about is fake, and thus this all falls apart, but people will keep on arguing about it because facts are inconvenient.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #147
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, except that is the only issue, and it is bogus. Without that, there is nothing to complain about. So the only thing any one has to bitch about is fake, and thus this all falls apart, but people will keep on arguing about it because facts are inconvenient.
    Yeah... sigh. so why am *I* stlil reading this useless thread? Sigh.

  8. #148
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    I wish I had a 5 foot long penis, was a dragon with a unicorn wife, could fly through air and space, had a lifetime supply of srirachi. And some people wish they were a girl. Everyone should just work with me and pretend I have a 5 foot penis, am a dragon, have a unicorn wife, can fly, and am the go-to guy for chinese hotsauce.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  9. #149
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    I wish I had a 5 foot long penis, was a dragon with a unicorn wife, could fly through air and space, had a lifetime supply of srirachi. And some people wish they were a girl. Everyone should just work with me and pretend I have a 5 foot penis, am a dragon, have a unicorn wife, can fly, and am the go-to guy for chinese hotsauce.
    I refuse.

    Besides, you wouldn't want the 5-foot penis unless you were also a dragon, because how else would you carry around something so unwieldy?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #150
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Schools propose: Let boys into girls locker rooms

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    I mean other than folks that subscribe to this racial equality nonsense, is there really that much of an outcry to accommodate this stupidity?
    I mean other than folks that subscribe to this gender equality nonsense, is there really that much of an outcry to accommodate this stupidity?

    Your argument is old and worn. Time to upgrade to better thinking.

    And your argument requires that the casual observer ignore his or her intellect.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •