Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

  1. #11
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,271

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I get dibs on the first troll to respond with "Gallup is a right wing" whatever. Ten bucks says this thread doesn't get to two pages before there isn't some form of dismissal based on some kind of slant
    They won't get that far. They'll see "Breitbart.com" in the OP and spend a few posts ranting about Breitbart, forgetting that it's Gallup's poll.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Keep this handy.

    There no less than 16,000 claims that this vote is not even about Obama that support for congress is at an "historical low."

    Says everything about the lying left
    I love it.

  3. #13
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You know your Presidency is a disaster when people like those blithering idiots in Congress more than you.

    Has this ever happened before? From what I recall usually when the public disapprove of a president's job performance they usually feel far, far worse about congress,

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They won't get that far. They'll see "Breitbart.com" in the OP and spend a few posts ranting about Breitbart, forgetting that it's Gallup's poll.
    I have no doubt.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Not soon after his media-enabled reelection, when President Obama's poll numbers almost immediately began to crater, the media narrative shifted to the steady drumbeat of, "But the approval rating for Congress is much lower." That spin was obviously directed at Republicans, who controlled Congress. Although "congress" can mean both the Democrat-controlled Senate and the House, this was a nifty rhetorical trick the media used to argue that the GOP was in worse shape than Obama.



    That lie was not only laid bare in last week's midterm elections, where Republicans at every level of government crushed Democrats (and their media cheerleaders) in a tidal wave that hit blue and purple states, but also in new polling numbers from Gallup that shows GOP lawmakers currently enjoy a higher approval rating from the American people than President Obama.

    cont... Gallup: GOP Congress More Popular Than Obama




    Poll: For First Time in 3 Years, Republicans Have Higher Favorables Than Democrats.....



    Indeed, the gains Republicans made at the state level are arguably more impressive. The voters sent an unmistakable message to the president's party that one hopes even Democrats cannot miss.....snip~

    Poll: For First Time in 3 Years, Republicans Have Higher Favorables Than Democrats - Daniel Doherty

  6. #16
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,271

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Has this ever happened before? From what I recall usually when the public disapprove of a president's job performance they usually feel far, far worse about congress,
    Not that I remember. Congress is usually universally viewed as a boil on the butt of humanity.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I get dibs on the first troll to respond with "Gallup is a right wing" whatever. Ten bucks says this thread doesn't get to two pages before there isn't some form of dismissal based on some kind of slant
    Im surprised its made it this far.

    Someone else will essentially shake their fist and say "get used to saying Hillary!"

  8. #18
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Not soon after his media-enabled reelection, when President Obama's poll numbers almost immediately began to crater, the media narrative shifted to the steady drumbeat of, "But the approval rating for Congress is much lower." That spin was obviously directed at Republicans, who controlled Congress. Although "congress" can mean both the Democrat-controlled Senate and the House, this was a nifty rhetorical trick the media used to argue that the GOP was in worse shape than Obama.



    That lie was not only laid bare in last week's midterm elections, where Republicans at every level of government crushed Democrats (and their media cheerleaders) in a tidal wave that hit blue and purple states, but also in new polling numbers from Gallup that shows GOP lawmakers currently enjoy a higher approval rating from the American people than President Obama.

    cont... Gallup: GOP Congress More Popular Than Obama

    Of course, Obama's poll numbers are down. Nobody likes a guy who picks his nose.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #19
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    #1. There is no 'democrat' party.

    #2. I don't know what the Democratic Party thinks, but I believe that if the GOP doesn't do anything about America's immigration problems it will be in big trouble in future elections.

    Don't take my word for this, just wait and see. November, 2016 will be here before you know it.


    I love it!

    Never ever address the issues, never ever admit there is a problem.

    Always the answer is "wait till..."

    Wait till what? till Hillary is older than Reagan to run for President with her 1970's theme song? Wait for Hillary now to win back the trust of the people? Oh, that's a plan!

    Get this: This election had NOTHING to do with amnesty, the ACA, Obama's stupid "red line" or any other "issue" his pimps have been fronting. The results and this poll are the truth you CANNOT deny, this vote is about Obama and the Democratic party, or in some arenas the "Democrat Party" if you really want to know.

    This election was a straightforward rejection of Obama, his lies, his policies, his arrogance and his "enemies" administration that has refused to compromise on even one issue.
    Amnesty is NOT going to be the pivotal issue in the next election, honesty and trust will be, and in that regard you little Whitewater calendar girl is starting with a massive "what difference does it make?" deficit.

    Here's how that gets crushed..one slogan: "Honesty not Amnesty."

    Get this, the Republicans control the debate now, the people don't believe Obama or his minions.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Gallup: Gop congress more popular than obama

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Of course, Obama's poll numbers are down. Nobody likes a guy who picks his nose.
    Actually he's teaching Biden the names of various anatomic landmarks. "Whats this called, Joe? You smell through it..."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •