Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Why then only fat that particular "evil"?
    I assume you meant fight.

    We weren't only fighting that one. We were also fighting in Afghanistan. Further, between Afghan and the operations that were ongoing in Iraq prior to the war were putting strains on available resources. Particularly some low density-High utilization force amplification assets. Without first freeing up those assets from Iraq, we were unable to go after other evils. Iran would of been a better choice to go after, but without freeing up those assets from Iraq, it was not possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    well, this proves my point, if we have term limits and things change, perhaps, occupations aren't are thing...
    No, occupations are not. By now we should of taken the lessons learned from past wars and build a portion of our force dedicated to rebuilding countries which we have occupied.




    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Are you sure about this?
    When a person kills another human being, it has a lasting mental affect. Much different from when a person kills an "animal", either for food or because it is dangerous. So mentally preparing to kill a "rag head", "dink", "nip", etc, etc, instead of a person is why such terms came into existence. It changes the enemy from a human being into an "animal" or an object. Thus it reduces the cases of hesitation when pulling the trigger but also aides in the person doing the killing being able to cope with having done the killing. I've killed lots of "animals" without lasting mental affects. I have aided in killing thousands of Iraqi's without lasting mental, Combat PTSD, because they were nothing but animals to me. Faith that it was right to do that killing is the basis for being able to keep those killed in the category of "animal" instead of letting them slip into the "human" category.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    That wasn't what I meant, but, uhm ok.
    One thing I do is to practice dehumanization of socialist, who are the most likely enemies that will have to be fought in the near future.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #62
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    He did? Exactly where is it written that he said that?
    Quoth Jesus: "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." - Matthew 19:24

    Deal with it.

    Very few people in America are "unfortunate", many are lazy and stupid.
    Where are your statistics?

    There are a lot of opportunities for people to improve themselves through their own actions if they discipline themselves and take advantage of those opportunities.
    There are a lot of opportunities because of social program. Because society has collectively said that we'd rather help people who are mentally ill and/or chronically unemployed than throwing them in the street. Crime rates drop, the streets are not cluttered with the poor, and society benefits from people who are rehabilitated into the work force.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Quoth Jesus: "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." - Matthew 19:24

    Deal with it.



    Where are your statistics?



    There are a lot of opportunities because of social program. Because society has collectively said that we'd rather help people who are mentally ill and/or chronically unemployed than throwing them in the street. Crime rates drop, the streets are not cluttered with the poor, and society benefits from people who are rehabilitated into the work force.
    So your ignorance of what You said about Jesus derives from your own lack of reading comprehension. What is quoted does not say, nor mean, that all rich people will go to hell.

    Deal with? Sure, when trained and equipped and with good leadership, I very much plan to. Heather Alexander - March of Cambreadth - YouTube

    Exert from TANF and Federal Welfare | Downsizing the Federal Government

    A Maryland National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) report concluded that "the ready access to a lifetime of welfare and free social service programs is a major contributory factor to the crime problems we face today."39 The NAACP's conclusion is confirmed by additional academic research. For example, research by M. Anne Hill and June O'Neill shows that a 50-percent increase in welfare and food stamp benefits led to a 117-percent increase in the crime rate among young black men.40

    So clearly you point about crime has been definitively proven incorrect.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  4. #64
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Good thread Dem Socialist!

    I just read Nader's piece over at Common Dreams, and had the undeniable pleasure in reading Tomas' letter to the Two Criminals. Bravo for him, in speaking the bitter truth. And the bastards did not ever reply to the letter, but I guess it was in their files?

  5. #65
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I respect them, but they knew when they took the oath they would perhaps face a war time situation.
    Nonetheless, they were deceived, on purpose while abusing government's legitimate power.

    And it's fascinating that Young joined BECAUSE OF the events of 11 September, which have in the ensuing 13 years, been shown to be deceptive themselves.

    Tomas died 13 years later after the Big Deception, the Bright and Shining Lie.

    Truth is stranger than fiction?

  6. #66
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    I would not characterize the people I oppose politically as evil. They are not.

    If we allow ourselves to get to the point of absolutism in our politics then we're only a step away from the abyss. I sincerely hope you can allow yourself to take a step back and reevaluate.

    Yes, but evil does exist.

  7. #67
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,428

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I assume you meant fight.

    We weren't only fighting that one. We were also fighting in Afghanistan. Further, between Afghan and the operations that were ongoing in Iraq prior to the war were putting strains on available resources. Particularly some low density-High utilization force amplification assets. Without first freeing up those assets from Iraq, we were unable to go after other evils. Iran would of been a better choice to go after, but without freeing up those assets from Iraq, it was not possible.
    Why not Iran? North Korea, saudi arabia? I get why we went to war, and it had nothing to do with fighting evil.



    No, occupations are not. By now we should of taken the lessons learned from past wars and build a portion of our force dedicated to rebuilding countries which we have occupied.

    Or shrink our military to a size to do what it's constitutionally supposed to, defend our nation from attacks.


    When a person kills another human being, it has a lasting mental affect. Much different from when a person kills an "animal", either for food or because it is dangerous. So mentally preparing to kill a "rag head", "dink", "nip", etc, etc, instead of a person is why such terms came into existence. It changes the enemy from a human being into an "animal" or an object. Thus it reduces the cases of hesitation when pulling the trigger but also aides in the person doing the killing being able to cope with having done the killing. I've killed lots of "animals" without lasting mental affects. I have aided in killing thousands of Iraqi's without lasting mental, Combat PTSD, because they were nothing but animals to me. Faith that it was right to do that killing is the basis for being able to keep those killed in the category of "animal" instead of letting them slip into the "human" category.

    What is this "aided" stuff? What was your afsc?


    One thing I do is to practice dehumanization of socialist, who are the most likely enemies that will have to be fought in the near future.

    I disagree. Thomas young was on the front line, he didn't "aid in killing", if he comes to the conclusion that what he did should not have been done, I can respect him far more than someone who was not in his shoes commenting that his views are null because his views digress.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #68
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So your ignorance of what You said about Jesus derives from your own lack of reading comprehension. What is quoted does not say, nor mean, that all rich people will go to hell.
    So where do rich people go when they are turned away from Heaven?

    So clearly you point about crime has been definitively proven incorrect.
    No, it hasn't. I said social programs, not welfare. Programs that help the chronically unemployed from entering into a lifetime of poverty. Temporary welfare can be beneficial for people in need of basic assistance, permanent welfare is not desirable under any ideological platform.

    Would you rather turn a mentally ill person loose on the street, or get them treated and educated so that they can earn a living and contribute to society?

  9. #69
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Why not Iran? North Korea, saudi arabia? I get why we went to war, and it had nothing to do with fighting evil.
    If you read and comprehended, then you already have the answer. We couldn't as long as the pre-existing operations in Iraq continued.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Or shrink our military to a size to do what it's constitutionally supposed to, defend our nation from attacks.
    Defend it by allowing enemies to reach our own territory instead of fighting them on theirs or someone else's? Defend it by allow others to subjugate friendly nations and nations with which we have economic connections with? Wow, wouldn't that be great for our economy if we allowed them to fall and shipping routes to interdicted? Defend it by, like we did prior to WWII, we let our defenses and capabilities atrophy and then hope we have time to rebuild them when an enemy, other than the domestic one, rises up?

    When, in the history of mankind, has anyone ever won a war while on the defensive instead of being able to project offensively? How many of our own people should we be willing to sacrifice because we don't want to project power and stop tyranny and threats before they rise strong enough to actually challenge us? How well did that work out for Britain, France and others during WWII? Did sticking their heads in the sand make Hitler go away?

    Because people had the unmitigated audacity to have themselves born somewhere other than the US, they don't deserve the same rights and freedoms as Americans? Really, how stupid of them to choose to be born elsewhere.




    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What is this "aided" stuff? What was your afsc?
    Did you actually ever serve in combat? Every person who serves are part of a team. Aided means that I was part of the team that was not a direct shooter. In fact I flew upon unarmed aircraft that went into and loitered in combat zones. Every member of that team, be it a clerk, a maintainer, a rifleman, etc, are all essential to the capabilities of the team as a whole and because they are, they share any moral responsibilities for the deaths that the team causes in their official capacity.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I disagree. Thomas young was on the front line, he didn't "aid in killing", if he comes to the conclusion that what he did should not have been done, I can respect him far more than someone who was not in his shoes commenting that his views are null because his views digress.
    I could respect him also, if he had simply stopped there. Since he then took actions against and harmful to those still engaged with the enemy, then he became a traitor and not worthy of respect, or, in my opinion, life.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    So where do rich people go when they are turned away from Heaven?
    Whether they are turned away or not is based upon the individual, not on their being "rich". Despite what you may think, there are ways to pass a camel through the eye of a needle. Sure, it may either take a very large needle or may not be healthy for the camel, but it can be done. The problem, and ignorance, of your statement was the use of the word all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    No, it hasn't. I said social programs, not welfare. Programs that help the chronically unemployed from entering into a lifetime of poverty. Temporary welfare can be beneficial for people in need of basic assistance, permanent welfare is not desirable under any ideological platform.

    Would you rather turn a mentally ill person loose on the street, or get them treated and educated so that they can earn a living and contribute to society?
    The problem with the "chronically unemployed" is that they are lazy and often stupid, that is why they are "chronically unemployed". I have absolutely no problem with them receiving what they have earned for themselves, even if it is death.

    It is the governments responsibility to be a parent, family member or a charity to all it's citizens.

    And the answer to your question could only be determined based upon the type of illness, the possibility of it being "cured" or controlled, the danger to innocents that they pose and the genetics of passing it on to future generations. Those who are dangerous and are not able to be cured, should be put to death for the safety of others. There are many, many things in life far crueler than death. I can only imagine, but having a dysfunctional brain that would cause me to be a danger to innocents and the ones I care about would be one of them.

    Those who's illness is caused by a genetic fault should be sterilized and never allowed to pass it on.

    For the others, it is not the governments responsibility to provide healthcare to anyone who has not earned it for themselves. That is why charities and family exist, not why a government exists.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •