Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Again, what "evil" did he promote?
    Saddam was almost absolute evil. We were fighting evil. He tried to stop us from fighting that evil. Therefore, he was promoting and trying to protect that evil. Period.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    If they couldn't handle it properly, they shouldn't have sent us. they saw that as our "weekness" and attacked us on 911, today we have the beginning of a pan arabic caliphate, just as they planned and told us in 1991.
    Bull****. Your basically saying "if you don't know absolutely the outcome" it shouldn't be tried. Since you cannot know that won't be killed the next time you get in a car, you should never travel by car? People displaying that level of fear are just.......hell, is there a word to describe such people.

    And it should be stopped. Not this piecemeal, mealymouthed bull**** Mohammad B. Hussein Obama is doing.


    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Wait, you think PTSD is caused by a lack of faith, not the ****ing 7.62 wizzing past your head and the bombs going off? really? no really?
    No, PTSD, as it relates to war is a mental condition brought on by the mind not handling the horrors of war. And, yes, absolute faith that what is being done is right or good can prevent such damage to the mind, even amongst such horrors. The dehumanizing of the enemy that the military has practiced for a very longtime now, not only makes it easier to kill, it protects the mind from the repercussions of killing and all the other horrors of war.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    lol, how do you not bow down? please to explain.
    That does not deserve an answer. Do you really think I would be stupid enough to publish things of that nature on the net?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    This is one of the craziest, most unhinged rants I've ever read. Pure, weapons-grade lunacy.
    You know, if your opinion was worthy of respect, instead of contempt that is natural towards any communist, I just might actually give a damned. And since you are essentially a commie, it sounding unhinged to you is evidence that it just might actually be sane.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  3. #53
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    You know, if your opinion was worthy of respect, instead of contempt that is natural towards any communist, I just might actually give a damned. And since you are essentially a commie, it sounding unhinged to you is evidence that it just might actually be sane.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #54
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Jesus was essentially a socialist, therefore a communist, therefore he was evil.

    Taxes are a form of socialism, therefore America is a communist nation, therefore it is evil.

    And so forth...

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Hmm, lets see. If we map political leanings in two axis, X being left to right and y being Authoritarian at the top with libertarianism at the bottom. Both Libertarian-Left and Communism are in the lower left corner. Details might be slightly different on implementation, but overall they are the same.
    Last edited by DVSentinel; 11-15-14 at 12:10 AM.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Jesus was essentially a socialist, therefore a communist, therefore he was evil.

    Taxes are a form of socialism, therefore America is a communist nation, therefore it is evil.

    And so forth...
    Totally incorrect.

    Jesus primarily helped those who were unable to help themselves, not those who chose not to be responsible for themselves. There is a vast difference between the poor under the oppression of Rome and the so called "poor" we have in the US today.

    Taxes are only a form of socialism when they are used for socialist things. When used for things like common defense, no taxes are not socialist. When used to promote income equality and wealth redistribution, then yes, they are socialist.

    Socialism weakens the individual, ignores personal responsibility and enslaves people to dependence on a centralism instead of individualism, so yes, it is evil.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  7. #57
    Guru
    Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Makes you appreciate NY a bit more.
    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    Isaac Asimov

  8. #58
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Totally incorrect.

    Jesus primarily helped those who were unable to help themselves, not those who chose not to be responsible for themselves.
    Jesus said that all rich people are going to Hell. Further, social programs are designed to help the unfortunate, not to prop up the lazy.

    Taxes are only a form of socialism when they are used for socialist things.
    This is like saying that only bad things are bad. Step up your arguments because I'm getting bored.

    When used for things like common defense, no taxes are not socialist. When used to promote income equality and wealth redistribution, then yes, they are socialist.
    In conclusion, socialism is when government spends money on things you disagree with. When you agree with it, then it's not socialism.

  9. #59
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Saddam was almost absolute evil. We were fighting evil. He tried to stop us from fighting that evil. Therefore, he was promoting and trying to protect that evil. Period.
    Why then only fat that particular "evil"?


    Bull****. Your basically saying "if you don't know absolutely the outcome" it shouldn't be tried. Since you cannot know that won't be killed the next time you get in a car, you should never travel by car? People displaying that level of fear are just.......hell, is there a word to describe such people.

    Lovely strawman you have there.


    And it should be stopped. Not this piecemeal, mealymouthed bull**** Mohammad B. Hussein Obama is doing.

    well, this proves my point, if we have term limits and things change, perhaps, occupations aren't are thing...


    No, PTSD, as it relates to war is a mental condition brought on by the mind not handling the horrors of war. And, yes, absolute faith that what is being done is right or good can prevent such damage to the mind, even amongst such horrors. The dehumanizing of the enemy that the military has practiced for a very longtime now, not only makes it easier to kill, it protects the mind from the repercussions of killing and all the other horrors of war.

    Are you sure about this?



    That does not deserve an answer. Do you really think I would be stupid enough to publish things of that nature on the net?

    That wasn't what I meant, but, uhm ok.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Iraq veteran, activist Tomas Young dies at 34

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Jesus said that all rich people are going to Hell.
    He did? Exactly where is it written that he said that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Further, social programs are designed to help the unfortunate, not to prop up the lazy.
    Very few people in America are "unfortunate", many are lazy and stupid. There are a lot of opportunities for people to improve themselves through their own actions if they discipline themselves and take advantage of those opportunities. Social programs are designed to provide for, especially luxuries, not to help. As a physical therapist, you don't help someone by allowing them to be dependent on others, you help them by making them work their muscles and strengthen themselves. Nothing in social programs in the US are aimed at helping people become stronger. They are aimed at making weak and dependent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    In conclusion, socialism is when government spends money on things you disagree with. When you agree with it, then it's not socialism.
    Incorrect. Marx and others have clearly defined forms of socialism. In essences socialism is places society as being responsible for individuals instead of individuals being the core of society.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •