Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 169

Thread: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

  1. #51
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Exactly how is the government being constrained with regards to this discussion?
    The government is being constrained from imposing its will in place of the Constitutional Rights that we all have. The government in this discussion is the people, and in a vote (Direct Democracy) the majority of the people can vote the minority out - out of power, out of town and out of existence.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  2. #52
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    When a cities citizens vote to allow illegal immigrants to have safe haven in that city, doesn't that apply under the law? If a state's citizens vote to have people of one particular race not allowed to have access to certain rights that the other races have, doesn't that apply under the law?

    What you are saying is that Direct Democracy should trump the law, and the Constitution. That the majority should have the ability to vote the minority into a hole.

    Think about that.
    You're taking an argument out of context, but governments are a creation of society, and as such are a reflection thereof...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #53
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You're taking an argument out of context, but governments are a creation of society, and as such are a reflection thereof...
    Yep. And your argument is clearly no longer a reflection of this society.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #54
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And it is ruling that marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman is required to be recognized under the 14th amendment to the constitution.

    Glad we're all caught up.
    Key word being "ruling", not by government but the courts...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #55
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Let me point out that in no way are "those damn old people" have more rights than you.
    I am agreeing with you. The fact that you have to meet preconditions to receive specific government goods or services does not mean that you are being denied equal treatment under the law.

  6. #56
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yep. And your argument is clearly no longer a reflection of this society.
    Society disagrees with you by a wide margin, otherwise there would be no need to use the courts...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yep. And your argument is clearly no longer a reflection of this society.

  8. #58
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You're taking an argument out of context, but governments are a creation of society, and as such are a reflection thereof...
    True, to a point. The people are also a reflection of the laws they place upon society. We have a Constitution in place to prevent us from harming ourselves, and those that we have the power otherwise to harm.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  9. #59
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Key word being "ruling", not by government but the courts...
    A convenient way to define government when government does something you disagree with.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #60
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    True, to a point. The people are also a reflection of the laws they place upon society. We have a Constitution in place to prevent us from harming ourselves, and those that we have the power otherwise to harm.
    If the Constitution was followed, I would be content, but its now the decisions of a few judges that control our country...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •