Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 169

Thread: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

  1. #151
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Define health and safety.

    Does it just have to be physical or can it also be financial?
    what you cannot figure that one out yourself?

  2. #152
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what you cannot figure that one out yourself?
    When it comes to you I would rather not make any assumptions.

    Just answer the question, or you know what? Nevermind, It's a waste of my time and class starts again in 10 minutes.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #153
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    When it comes to you I would rather not make any assumptions.

    Just answer the question, or you know what? Nevermind, It's a waste of my time and class starts again in 10 minutes.
    lol....kids....

  4. #154
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    what is that?
    Something the federal government was specifically granted when it comes to taxing within the Constitution. While it applies to taxing and spending of tax money, it still can pertain to a type of force, that of taxing people in order to take care of things that are of the general welfare.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #155
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Something the federal government was specifically granted when it comes to taxing within the Constitution. While it applies to taxing and spending of tax money, it still can pertain to a type of force, that of taxing people in order to take care of things that are of the general welfare.
    wrong, you state general welfare of the people, that is incorrect, ..it is the general welfare..... for the union.

    under constitutional law, the federal government duties are external for the union, state powers concern the internal union, deals with the life liberty and property of the people.

    none of the powers of congress article 1 section 8 have anything to do with the personal life's of the people.... article 1 section 8 clause 1 is taxes on states,.....not people

  6. #156
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong, you state general welfare of the people, that is incorrect, ..it is the general welfare..... for the union.

    under constitutional law, the federal government duties are external for the union, state powers concern the internal union, deals with the life liberty and property of the people.

    none of the powers of congress article 1 section 8 have anything to do with the personal life's of the people.... article 1 section 8 clause 1 is taxes on states,.....not people
    The union is "of the people, by the people, and for the people". Hence, I am correct. The union is the people. We are the union. We are our government.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #157
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The union is "of the people, by the people, and for the people". Hence, I am correct. The union is the people. We are the union. We are our government.
    wrong, federal powers are for the external part of the union, state powers are internal, to the union.

    as Madison and Hamilton both state that the Constitution of 1788, is a Constitution itself, because it does not grant powers to the federal government to be involved in the lifes liberty and property of the people, and since the federal government does not have that power, it is impossible to violate thew rights of the people.



    james madsion-The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

    The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.

  8. #158
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong, federal powers are for the external part of the union, state powers are internal, to the union.

    as Madison and Hamilton both state that the Constitution of 1788, is a Constitution itself, because it does not grant powers to the federal government to be involved in the lifes liberty and property of the people, and since the federal government does not have that power, it is impossible to violate thew rights of the people.



    james madsion-The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

    The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.
    Things have changed since then. Deal with it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #159
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Things have changed since then. Deal with it.
    LOL.


    well next time do not quote Constitution when you do not know it..

  10. #160
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Federal judge rules against Kansas's gay marriage ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    LOL.

    well next time do not quote Constitution when you do not know it..
    I know it. I know that you want it to remain as it was 200 years ago when it was written, not recognizing that our founding fathers even recognized that it would change with time. This is why they went vague with the rights guarantees and limited the government, not the people in what rights existed. Some wanted a stronger federal government and some a weaker federal government, with stronger state governments. Since that time, it was shown that states have no compunction about denying rights to people if given less than half a chance.

    People decide what rights we have in reality because our rights are based on what we are willing to fight for and what we aren't. That is the simple fact of the matter. If we don't fight for our rights, then the Constitution is honestly just a piece of parchment with pretty words, nothing more. It has no power on its own.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •