Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64

Thread: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

  1. #51
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    I want to get this straight.

    So you're telling me, US Conservative, that a substantial portion of the drug laws in the U.S., across all 50 states and federally, were enacted by black politicians (using this as some springboard to take an idiotic potshot against "liberalism"). And when asked to back up this incredibly specious claim, you tell me to Google it and accuse me of wasting your time.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    LOL. Yes, asking that you back up your incredibly specious claims is "wasting your time."
    Its a statement of fact, simply head to google for elucidation. But lets not pretend that you are actually curious.

  3. #53
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its a statement of fact, simply head to google for elucidation. But lets not pretend that you are actually curious.
    If it's a statement of fact, then the facts shouldn't be so hard to provide by the person making the claim. That's you, in case you forgot. But you won't bother, because you know you're completely full of crap, as per usual.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I want to get this straight.

    So you're telling me, US Conservative, that a substantial portion of the drug laws in the U.S., across all 50 states and federally, were enacted by black politicians (using this as some springboard to take an idiotic potshot against "liberalism"). And when asked to back up this incredibly specious claim, you tell me to Google it and accuse me of wasting your time.
    I was referring to the harsher punishments imposed on certain drugs, like crack and meth. And as above its readily verifiable.

    Kudos on the wordy post.

  5. #55
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I was referring to the harsher punishments imposed on certain drugs, like crack and meth. And as above its readily verifiable.

    Kudos on the wordy post.
    Kudos on being full of ****.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Kudos on being full of ****.
    Kobie that is uncalled for.

  7. #57
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kobie that is uncalled for.
    So is your incessant lying.

    Drug laws, including sentencing laws, are passed at the state and federal level. Where in the U.S. does any state have such a staggering number of black legislators that one can make the claim those laws were "passed by black legislators?" If only black legislators voted for those laws, they'd never pass. It's a BS claim.

    Oh, and since those harsher drug laws are a product of "liberalism," as you claim (yanno, the same liberals who are soft on crime), I assume a plank of the GOP platform must be repealing those laws.

  8. #58
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Any evidence at all that this statement is actually true?
    The democrats reimposed mandatory minimum sentences that had been done away with in the 70's as a political maneuver by Tip O'Neill who had been afraid that the democratic party's soft on crime image would cost them control of the house. It was done very haphazardly without much discussion or debate. That has been a disaster for poor people and blacks. The Democratic Party has been successful over the years in leading people to think that it was conservatives who created this situation, but it wasn't. Those of us who are progressive but not loyal to the democratic party will readily admit failures we perceive in DNC sponsored policies and laws and this is one of them. When you combine the federal sentencing with the over-policing of black communities that are more likely to have federal agents involved in big drug sweeps, then you have a lot of people getting years in the federal penal system for possession crimes that would have gotten the defendant a suspended sentence in state courts. It does not mean that I support legalization, but the differential between state and federal law on the issue is huge, and the democrats were the ones who rammed it through as a matter of politics and not policy.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    So is your incessant lying.

    Drug laws, including sentencing laws, are passed at the state and federal level. Where in the U.S. does any state have such a staggering number of black legislators that one can make the claim those laws were "passed by black legislators?" If only black legislators voted for those laws, they'd never pass. It's a BS claim.

    Oh, and since those harsher drug laws are a product of "liberalism," as you claim (yanno, the same liberals who are soft on crime), I assume a plank of the GOP platform must be repealing those laws.
    Kobie, its readily verifiable. And even libs get tough on crime when their constituencies force them.

  10. #60
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Employment Situation Improves in October--Except for African Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    The democrats reimposed mandatory minimum sentences that had been done away with in the 70's as a political maneuver by Tip O'Neill who had been afraid that the democratic party's soft on crime image would cost them control of the house. It was done very haphazardly without much discussion or debate. That has been a disaster for poor people and blacks. The Democratic Party has been successful over the years in leading people to think that it was conservatives who created this situation, but it wasn't. Those of us who are progressive but not loyal to the democratic party will readily admit failures we perceive in DNC sponsored policies and laws and this is one of them. When you combine the federal sentencing with the over-policing of black communities that are more likely to have federal agents involved in big drug sweeps, then you have a lot of people getting years in the federal penal system for possession crimes that would have gotten the defendant a suspended sentence in state courts. It does not mean that I support legalization, but the differential between state and federal law on the issue is huge, and the democrats were the ones who rammed it through as a matter of politics and not policy.
    I'm aware of that, and the federal government's drug war (of which the mandatory minimums were part) has been a travesty, both Republican and Democrat. I was referring to his claim that it was black politicians who were responsible, which is insane.

    Now, if he were to claim that black politicians may have voted for some of those laws, he'd probably be accurate (although I think that's pretty much irrelevant). But that's not what he said. And either way, who to blame for our current drug laws is also thoroughly irrelevant to the topic of the thread, except US Con lives to play the blame game (when he can blame liberals).
    Last edited by Kobie; 11-09-14 at 11:28 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •